Confirmed with Link: Jack Johnson to Avalanche for Andreas Englund

BHFAN92

Jan 21, 2016
Mid-West
I really don't get this trade. If anything its an upgrade over Johnson which is the complete opposite of what we need to be doing trying to tank. Kyle Davidson so far is not up to the task of a rebuild imo

Game suspension

Feb 11, 2018
Englund wasn't with the Avs when they won the cup last year and obviously wasn't fitting in. This is a locker room trade. Say what you want about JJ but he comes across like a great guy. Especially considering what his parents did to him. I wish him luck and my $ are on the Avs to win it again.

Reactions: Pez68

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
Scratching head.

Why not just give Englund away, keep the contract slot open to gamble on unsigned players, and let some of the prospects get a few NHL minutes? KD has put a soup sandwich on the ice, no value to having a depth player there.

Take care of the player and move him out for free, and take our favorite deadline player, Future Considerations.

BLKHKhockey

Aug 28, 2009
Scratching head.

Why not just give Englund away, keep the contract slot open to gamble on unsigned players, and let some of the prospects get a few NHL minutes? KD has put a soup sandwich on the ice, no value to having a depth player there.

Take care of the player and move him out for free, and take our favorite deadline player, Future Considerations.
Maybe KD wants some toughness on the ice for when he does bring up some kids.

Reactions: hockeydoug

scorehawks

Feb 13, 2021
Lot of hate on for JJ but I thought he played well enough given cost. Far more value than Caleb Jones, Murphy and dare I say Seth (until recently).

giza

Jul 19, 2011
,,,,,but Tinordi is pretty slow too.....I watched a couple of fights....the Swedish kid is game....held his own against Austin Watson recently.....no offense, but decent wheels and some size.....former 2nd round pick.....would him and Zaitsev make a good 3rd pairing next year?

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
,,,,,but Tinordi is pretty slow too.....I watched a couple of fights....the Swedish kid is game....held his own against Austin Watson recently.....no offense, but decent wheels and some size.....former 2nd round pick.....would him and Zaitsev make a good 3rd pairing next year?

X-Jones
X-Murphy
Englund - Zaitsev

Is this what we are looking at right now? I dont think Caleb gets brought back. One of the spots is going for Phillips im sure, the other could be for Korchinski/anyone else showing signs.

Seeing how much protection and marination KD prefers though, i think we'll be signing some LD over the summer who can eat Top 4 type minutes.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
X-Jones
X-Murphy
Englund - Zaitsev

Is this what we are looking at right now? I dont think Caleb gets brought back. One of the spots is going for Phillips im sure, the other could be for Korchinski/anyone else showing signs.

Seeing how much protection and marination KD prefers though, i think we'll be signing some LD over the summer who can eat Top 4 type minutes.

Englund is going to be UFA and I see no reason for Hawks to bring him back they will have better D options as FA or as cap dumps if they desire on LD

Reactions: Muffinalt

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Fp_7nudaYAECPgo

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Englund is going to be UFA and I see no reason for Hawks to bring him back they will have better D options as FA or as cap dumps if they desire on LD
I would wait to see what he brings to the table. I see no reason and pretty much no chance of over-paying, but the problem with the Hawks is that they aren't mobile enough and this kid has some moxy and skates well.....hopefully,....let's see what he's got.

Reactions: Muffinalt

giza

Jul 19, 2011
I believe he had 3-4 shots.....he was good for 3.5 hits a game when on Colorado....both are refreshing from our Dmen.....me like.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
He was better than JJ. Which isn't saying much, but still quite strange from Colorado's standpoint.
Do you want someone the coach will trust in the playoffs in the depth or someone the coach will play less than 10 minutes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad