Jack Johnson, the NHL's Best Shutdown Defenseman . . . of Evgeni Malkin?

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
MEFBOb5.gif

Reactions: Casanova and NEPA

NoMessi

Jan 2, 2009
I love that you guys can maintain your sense of humour in this thread. I cant unfortunately now with Malkin injured and JMFJ still on the roster.

I wanna know if there is still trade rumours around and what you guys think a trade would realistically look like. Can it be done?

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I still think JR is going to have to use a valuable asset to get JJ off the roster. Even with all of the teams around the league that have cap space and/or need blueliners, JJ is so bad that it doesn't even matter. Rust or Bjugs will be sacrificed to get a team to take JJ, and honestly, I'm not sure Bjugs has the value Rust probably does. Hopefully McCann excels in the coming weeks/months while Bjugs is out and makes him expendable too.

Ideally, by this time next season, we won't have JJ (and sadly, Rust, as I talked about), Gudbranson, Bjugs or ZAR on the roster. That's a lot of free space to re-sign the appropriate guys or chase someone this summer in FA.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Realistically there is no trade where the Pens aren't fleeced.

We've hashed that out fifty million times over the last year.

Feel free to waste six hundred of your life's hours by reading our bullshit threads from this summer only.

brewski420

Sep 29, 2009
Ohio
I still think JR is going to have to use a valuable asset to get JJ off the roster. Even with all of the teams around the league that have cap space and/or need blueliners, JJ is so bad that it doesn't even matter. Rust or Bjugs will be sacrificed to get a team to take JJ, and honestly, I'm not sure Bjugs has the value Rust probably does. Hopefully McCann excels in the coming weeks/months while Bjugs is out and makes him expendable too.

Ideally, by this time next season, we won't have JJ (and sadly, Rust, as I talked about), Gudbranson, Bjugs or ZAR on the roster. That's a lot of free space to re-sign the appropriate guys or chase someone this summer in FA.

Last thing I want is JR chasing someone in FA next summer. It will just be another disaster.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017

Rust and Bjud's injuries were poor timing because those were the 2 names that were bandied about most this summer as the "plus" to get rid of JJ
So my guess is JJ is here until at least Xmas

Factorial

Oct 7, 2019
Re: JJ - OBSESSION: "an idea or thought that continually preoccupies or intrudes on a person's mind."

This. Can someone with access to the db do a count on how many times he's been mentioned here in the last few month?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
This. Can someone with access to the db do a count on how many times he's been mentioned here in the last few month?

Sid's been mentioned a ton of times here. When a player is really good or a player really sucks (or even if he's just there, for that matter), we comment. Sorry the whole message board concept upsets your sensibilities.

Agreed. It's unhealthy.

Thank you, doctor.

JRS91

Jul 4, 2010
I think Jack Johnson is one of those players that will be complained about a decade after he's gone, much like Craig Adams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad