Jack Johnson point potential

petrklima85

Apr 13, 2006
HAMILTON, ONTARIO
It's a 2 parter that I am asking again (or re-phrasing) :

What is his offensive ceiling and when will he be in the NHL.

I am asking again, because my keeper draft is this Sunday and we can select and protect one player who hasn't played in the NHL. Malkin, Brule and Kessel (me) were taken last year. If Radulov is already taken I want JJ but need the info first.

CronoX

Mar 15, 2006
Hockeytown, MI
This is his last year at Michigan, he only promised to stay for 2 years. My guess is he'll make Carolina's team next year. As for his upside, I don't know but I'd guess 50-60 points.

Pete Rock

Oct 22, 2005
Mrs. Sauga
I'm a gigantic fan of Johnson and I would think that he would be right up at the top of point scoring defenseman. 70-75 would be my bet.

petrklima85

Apr 13, 2006
HAMILTON, ONTARIO
. 70-75 would be my bet.

WOW, really?? Those are awesome numbes for a D-man.

And do you agree with CronoX that he will be in the NHL next year. I kind of think the same offer will be extended to him in the spring after the Wolverines have stopped playing. Carolina will offer him the chance to play in the playoffs and he will accept this time. Thus ending his collegiate career.

espo*

Probably between 50-60 but points will only be the tip of the iceberg in telling us what a guy like that will do for his team.He's got the skill,he's got the attitude and he's got the moxie.He's going to be a real great d-man in the coming years.

I like this guy a lot and i've only watched him sparingly at the world juniors.He's just got that great mix of skill and demeanor that i love in d-men,You can just smell it off him.Once he learns the ropes and learns from his mistakes in the bigs watch out.

Pete Rock

Oct 22, 2005
Mrs. Sauga
WOW, really?? Those are awesome numbes for a D-man.

And do you agree with CronoX that he will be in the NHL next year. I kind of think the same offer will be extended to him in the spring after the Wolverines have stopped playing. Carolina will offer him the chance to play in the playoffs and he will accept this time. Thus ending his collegiate career.

Keep in mind though that I have some kind of McGuire-like man crush on the kid so it's possible that I'm overrating him a bit.

His game is absolutely incredible though. He's physical (to the point of being over-physical as seen against Steve Downie), has incredible speed, makes very good passes, is very good defensively (at the NCAA level of course which will probably translate to an above average defensive ability at the NHL level), and has a laser-guided shot (although it's not quite as fast as I would like it to be).

I think he's a #1 defenseman in the making IMO and some have dared compare him to Bobby Orr. I won't even make that claim, but a poor man's Bobby Orr is still a rich man's . . . I don't really know who to compare his game to.

As far as him playing in the NHL next year, who knows? The chances are pretty good considering he's said in the past that he would spend at least 2 years in Michigan. Whether or not it's 2 years and THEN out I don't know, but he seems to be leaning that way.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Consider the fact that he will play with Eric Staal, Erik Cole, and Justin Williams on the powerplay all in their career prime.

He will sign with Carolina when Michigan ends this year and possibly play with Carolina during the Playoffs this year should they be fortunate enough to get there. Same situation they tried to sign him during last year, only this time I think he takes the offer.

Zayas66

Jul 3, 2006
His skill set appaears to be a mirror image of Chelios. Good offensively and an in your face approach to D. Chekios in his prime was one mean dude who could score.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
does jack have more offensive potential then erik?

I think Erik does. One thing he has going for him is he is in the box less. But it will be very close.

I think JJ point potential is close to 70 on a great year. Averaging closer to 45-55 points. But who knows. If power plays keep going up. I'd say his point potential will also rise. Going to have to wait and see how the "new" NHL keeps things from one year to the next.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad