Jack Johnson leaves Michigan and is a KING!!!

Jaysfanatic*

lol, stupid impatient Carolina couldn't wait 5 months. Horses *****.

nikebauer

Jul 21, 2005
Vancouver
interesting to see how he'll perform by making the jump to the NHL in late March where all the NHLers are in top shape

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Watching him yesterday, he just has so much more raw talent than anyone else on the ice it's insane. If he can control that, he can be a dominant defenseman.

Very excited to watch him play now.

Rebecca

Nov 1, 2005
Ptbo
If I was a big Canes fan, I'd be pretty bugged. Not at him, but at Cane's management ;)

Glad to see him finally making the leap.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Canes should have kept him instead of making that myopic trade for Gleason. Oh well, at least he's out of the conference if he turns out to be a player.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Too bad he didn't stick around but he's a very talented guy and he belongs in the NHL now. The Kings will love having his offensive skill and physical play. I think Rob Blake will take him under his wing and he'll become an All-Star within the next two years.

SeaBasstian

Don't Tread On Me
Mar 5, 2007
Connecticut
being a huge canes fan and a member on the official discussion forum, trust me, we have been upset about this since the second it happened. and now, especially when we (the canes) are right on the edge every day of being in or out of the playoffs, we need him badly.

however, Tim Gleason has been VERY solid for us since coming in, once he got over his injury, and Josef Vasicek, the guy we got (back) from Nashville when we traded Eric Belanger (the other guy we got with Gleason on the JJ trade) has been stepping up lately and has been putting in a good amount of points lately.

honestly, as much as it would be GREAT to have JJ right now, the 2 guys who have replaced his 1 spot on the team have been very solid. may be a straight across trade.

Agent_Torpor

Dec 15, 2006
Lol @ the article comment saying that Rob Blake can mentor the kid. Jeeeeeez, you better hope not.

JustJoe2k5

Jun 5, 2006
Doesn't really bother me as a 'Canes' fan.

Perhaps if we were out of the playoff race, but Gleason has started to pick up his play at the right time and we are far from done.

Kings' fans seem to love him, but I don't know how much of a difference they expect him to make.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
Doesn't really bother me as a 'Canes' fan.

Perhaps if we were out of the playoff race, but Gleason has started to pick up his play at the right time and we are far from done.

Kings' fans seem to love him, but I don't know how much of a difference they expect him to make.

You'll see...Just wait for few years!

dabeechman

Sep 12, 2006
Wow, less then a day after losing to UND Jack signs with LA, and is immediately implemented into the LA roster.

Sounds like the kid really wants to play. Good for him. Bad for Carolina, patience would have benefited them greatly

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad