Post-Game Talk: Jack Johnson Era 0 -2.

PenguinSuitedUp

Oct 2, 2019
You can bitch about this team, but the fact remains that this was a shortened series after a several month layoff. The Penguins had a statistically marginal advantage of winning this series. Hard to judge a team based off of a handful of games where they had to shake off a lot of rust and get into a groove. Especially against a Claude Julien-coached team that likes to mitigate talent via strict defense and a lot of obstruction.

Reactions: Andy99

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
Get everyone healthy and rested, "stacked" roster... Completely gutless effort.

Just absolutely numbing showings the past two years.

How can they play so well with a depleted roster and get worse when guys come back.

Happy to not be watching this tomorrow.

Deczola73

Dec 23, 2017
Sully was horrendous.

Anyone with eyes can clearly see that not only is Jarry better than Murray, he is multiple steps better. If in net since game 1, we would have won series.

Trade Tanev and Zucker for a bag of pucks.

Tanev is responsible for the game winning goal in two games. Never wins a battle, zero offensive skill. Just awful.

Why is he even on the ice late in the game.

Julien clearly outreached Sully.

cvrle1

Jun 24, 2017
If Sulli and most of the coaching staff (with exception of Gonch and Martin possibly) isnt gone tomorrow, Mario needs to step in and clean house himself. JJ played over 17 minutes that game, Schultz over 16, Petterson... 15 lol Despicable use of players and bench, complete lack of drive. And they cant even blame it on injuries, or time off, as all of them had 4 months off, werent injured, and every team started with same time off. Habs looked like 100% better team. Keep Sid and Geno, get rid of everyone else.

LittleSpoon

Jan 17, 2016
Lmao... zero goals on a critical game. Jarry looked great. I put a lot of this blame on Sullivan and his lack of consistency in forward lines and non stop consistency if defensive pairings. Forwards just have no idea where each other are going to be in the zone and on the breakout. However, if we get the first overall I will sleep like a baby until next season begins. Sid will forever have a playoff elimination attached to his birthday now, and that may be the saddest part of all of this. LGP, see ya in a few months. All pens fans, please recite a prayer for Lafrenierre and maybe we can manifest a draft pick that will drive every other fan base insane.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
They didn't give a shit the entire series.

Looking forward to JR signing garbage this offseason.

i’m not sure...I think they played hard to start the series and tie it 1-1...then MTL changes tactics when they had “home” ice to play a very aggressive checking game when they had been trapping before...Pens couldn’t deal with it, they couldn’t adapt and they looked frustrated beginning last game...that’s how I read the series...they knew they couldn’t do it between the roster issues and the coaching fail to help them... brilliant by Julien

Reactions: TNT87 and vodeni

JakeNBake59

WizardofFire
Feb 20, 2016
Crosby's back yard
man im sour... wanna break stuff after watching that garbage
i can accept losing if they play well and the other team is just better

I CANNOT accept losing when they are all checked out and show next to no desire, urgency or effort.
think im rooting for the Avs now if I watch any more but honestly dont care as the Pens arent in it

Reactions: Angrrus

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Once we took a 3-1 lead in game three we generated very little in the way of sustained pressure or quality scoring chances. This coach and this team is 1-9 in their last ten postseason games. Even a very mediocre team could post a better record. Fire the coach, time to make some significant changes.

Yuri35

Mar 11, 2018
Sullivan HAS to be gone INSTANTLY. INSTANTLY. UNACCEPTABLE. Along with the whole coaching staff.

Retool. Now. Malkin should go but that’s not gonna happen. No one should be safe but Crosby and Marino. Guentzel gets a tiny pass for coming off the injury.

lol how can Sid escape from any criticism but not Geno?
He's been decent in that serie but as Geno, the reality is that he didn't step up when we needed him the most in that serie.
I love Sid but his fanboys should really shut up and keep a low profile after that serie and even more after that season (remind me who has been our best player during the RS? Yes the one you just said he should go

Reactions: Angrrus

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
We've won 1 playoff series since the '17 cup ... with each year being a regression from the previous year's result. Sully has to go.

Reactions: ericstrat1

2wayPlay

Dec 25, 2018
f***ing losers

Everyone besides Sid and TJ can f*** off.

Sully can eat a bag of shit and get fired.

Thanks for the 2-1 hole Matty. Good luck wherever you go but you're f***ing off his f***ing team. Loser.

After watching this team of all stars never score or even come close of course that is the post. No agenda

Reactions: tom_servo

JBose7

Jun 7, 2013
Crosby's the only player that should be safe after this series. Shameful. No other way to describe it.

You can bitch about guys like JJ, ZAR, Sheary, Murray, Schultz and such all you want, but reality is that the core guys failed the team this series. That's why they lost more than anything else.
Good news is you have a future #1 D- Man in John Marino and you have Guentzel and possibly another #1 pick coming in so you can kinda use two years to build back up around them. Disappointing.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
@KIRK Sully dug his grave tonight, right?

200_d.gif

(I wonder if there's also a chance JR is 'promoted' this summer if Sully goes)

EDIT: I think winning the lottery, BTW, enhances the chances that Sully and JR are here next season.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad