• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
What else would I retort with, Ottawa needs to do something to be discussed first

Im sure career years in a pandemic season in a made-up Canadian division will hold over their fans when theyre shit next season lmfao

Plus I find it comical how much Ottawa fans argue like as if their owner will even keep any of these players

So what? I get your gimmick is to list when your team won nearly two decades ago to trump other teams, but your team hasn’t done f*** all recently either.

Pitaya

Prince of the Alps, Nico Hischier
Dec 14, 2019
So what? I get your gimmick is to list when your team won nearly two decades ago to trump other teams, but your team hasn’t done f*** all recently either.
Except have the youngest forward core iced since the 80s Sabres and have 110+ rookie points

meanwhile Ottawa fans continue saying things like 'Stuetzle and Batherson are better than Bratt and Hughes' when not one single piece of evidence is available to prove that

We get it, Canadian teams overrate themselves. Especially the capital of Canada with the smallest fan base in Canada with a crap owner and arena. They have to find something to rave about

Reactions: vtdevils2k

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Except have the youngest forward core iced since the 80s Sabres and have 110+ rookie points

meanwhile Ottawa fans continue saying things like 'Stuetzle and Batherson are better than Bratt and Hughes' when not one single piece of evidence is available to prove that

We get it, Canadian teams overrate themselves. Especially the capital of Canada with the smallest fan base in Canada with a crap owner and arena. They have to find something to rave about
Pot meet kettle??

Reactions: The Moose is Loose

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
He's not wrong. Just a lot of hope that, because their first seasons were better than Bratt+Hughes' first seasons, they'll have the same progression in their next seasons as Hughes+Bratt.

Hughes+Bratt could get 80 pts each but if next season Stutzle+Batherson outperform their 2021 season the argument will still be "yea well, look at our guy's first two seasons compared to theirs, you'll see!"

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Didn't know that Sens fans were this salty of a bunch. There is a reason why people on HFboards mock polls as they usually turn out wrong and devolve into a popularity contest. The fact that some Sens fans treat these polls like they were a commandment from God is quite hilarious.
Look at Ottawa,s drafting record over the past 10 years,we are one of the very best at finding talent period..Keeping them when they want to paid however is something else ...Lol

Ottawa has more talent than most want or care to admit,including NJ

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Look at Ottawa,s drafting record over the past 10 years,we are one of the very best at finding talent period..Keeping them when they want to paid however is something else ...Lol

Ottawa has more talent than most want or care to admit,including NJ
So true, You guys have drafted stars like Matt Puempel and Noesen, Missed on a couple allstars that were drafted afterwards.

Cody Ceci turned out to be a great pick, Same with Curtis Lazar

Trading picks with us + a third turned out really well for you guys. Logan Brown is a game changer

Being slightly above 50% in the 1st round in the last 10 years is definitely worth bragging about.

If You guys are the supposed King of at picking in the 1st round then the Devils are the King of the later rounds. The amount of players that the Devils drafted that are still NHL players are staggering when compared to the Ottawa Senators.

Adam Larsson, Blake Coleman, Damon Severson, Alexander Kerfoot, Miles Wood, Mackenzie Blackwood, Nathan Bastian, Jesper Bratt, Yegor Sharangovich

Ottawa Senators

Jean-Gabriel Pageau, Ryan Dzingel, Chris Driedger, Curtis Lazar, Drake Batherson.

Benttheknee

Jun 18, 2005
Ottawa
So true, You guys have drafted stars like Matt Puempel and Noesen, Missed on a couple allstars that were drafted afterwards.

Trading picks with us + a third turned out really well for you guys. Logan Brown is a game changer

Being slightly above 50% in the 1st round in the last 10 years is definitely worth bragging about.

Can't disagree. 2012-2014 did not go well

Players that Sens have (drafted, trades, signed etc) from 2015 to 2021

Tkachuk, Stutzle, Norris, Pinto, Batherson, White, Formenton,
Chabot, Sanderson, Brannstrom, Mete, Bernard Docker, (Thomson)
Gustafsson, Daccord, (Soogard)

2020 picks that look promising
Greig, Jarvente, Sokolov, Kleven, Merilainen

I think that coers it. It isn't just a list of names, but players with NHL potential, meaning guys that might play 300+ games in their career.

Reactions: Xirik

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island

If You guys are the supposed King of at picking in the 1st round then the Devils are the King of the later rounds. The amount of players that the Devils drafted that are still NHL players are staggering when compared to the Ottawa Senators.

Adam Larsson, Blake Coleman, Damon Severson, Alexander Kerfoot, Miles Wood, Mackenzie Blackwood, Nathan Bastian, Jesper Bratt, Yegor Sharangovich

Ottawa Senators

Jean-Gabriel Pageau, Ryan Dzingel, Chris Driedger, Curtis Lazar, Drake Batherson.

Look at all those stars. I'm very jealous.

Reactions: ricky0034

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Look at all those stars. I'm very jealous.

Adele go brrrrrr

Did I say they were stars? no, I said that the devils later picks have become NHLers. A couple of them you wish you had on your team, such as Coleman, Severson, Larsson, Blackwood, Bratt, and just because of his style of play probably Miles Wood.

Habstastic

Jun 30, 2013
Quebec
Stutzle is a stud, no way hé doesn’t become a star on the league in the next few years! That being said it’s easily Suzuki right now, he is the Habs best center on a historic run!

Reactions: topshelf15

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Suzuki is the best player currently and the #1 C on a final four team on it's way to the finals.

Habstastic

Jun 30, 2013
Quebec
Go watch clips of Stutzle, I watched ta least 5 Senators games this year and he stands out each time! Elite speed, playmaking, vision, a hound on the puck. So much to love about is game!

Reactions: Samsquanch

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
The Stutzle love is really really puzzling. What player are you all watching out there?

I can't put my finger on it but Ranger and Devils fans seem to most vocal when talking negatively about Stutzle. Habs and Leafs fans sign his praises. I really wish I could make sense of it.

Reactions: topshelf15

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
I can't put my finger on it but Ranger and Devils fans seem to most vocal when talking negatively about Stutzle. Habs and Leafs fans sign his praises. I really wish I could make sense of it.
I just think it’s amazing that parts of the rangers fan base are on suicide watch and the main boards overwhelmingly prefer Stutzle when he and Lafreniere had essentially the same even strength production in their rookie season.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Adele go brrrrrr

Did I say they were stars? no, I said that the devils later picks have become NHLers. A couple of them you wish you had on your team, such as Coleman, Severson, Larsson, Blackwood, Bratt, and just because of his style of play probably Miles Wood.

If there was a definition for bland it would be that list of players - none of them have chutzpah.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
If there was a definition for bland it would be that list of players - none of them have chutzpah.
Clearly you don't really watch hockey outside of the Sens or you don't know what Chutzpah means.

Coleman and Miles Wood tell you where you can put your "chutzpah"

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Clearly you don't really watch hockey outside of the Sens or you don't know what Chutzpah means.

Coleman and Miles Wood tell you where you can put your "chutzpah"

Coleman and Wood are bottom-6 energy guys; nothing special.

Chutzpah is something guys like Stutzle, Chabot and Hughes have. Not Jack, Quinn.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Coleman and Wood are bottom-6 energy guys; nothing special.

Chutzpah is something guys like Stutzle, Chabot and Hughes have. Not Jack, Quinn.

chutz·pah
/ˈho͝otspə,ˈKHo͝otspə/
noun
INFORMAL
  1. extreme self-confidence or audacity.

The word you are looking for is "Skill".

Thanks for proving my point that you don't watch hockey outside of the Sens. The Devils don't have a Jack Quinn or a Quinn Hughes, We have a Jack Hughes.

CornerStone61

Apr 13, 2015
chutz·pah
/ˈho͝otspə,ˈKHo͝otspə/
noun
INFORMAL
  1. extreme self-confidence or audacity.

The word you are looking for is "Skill".

Thanks for proving my point that you don't watch hockey outside of the Sens. The Devils don't have a Jack Quinn or a Quinn Hughes, We have a Jack Hughes.

Yikes. Maybe read what he said again before jumping down his throat. He was saying players like Stutzle, Chabot and Quinn Hughes have chutzpah, and Jack Hughes does not. Jack Quinn wasn't a part of this conversation.

Also, weird of you you to bring up the Sens first round drafting earlier to prop up the devils late round drafting since the Sens literally made a name for themselves by drafting in the later rounds. Not saying the Devils didn't find good players as well, strange argument is all. Sens first round drafting has been underwhelming at best for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad