Player Discussion Jack Eichel Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
I called to tell him I would be at the game in Raleigh, so he better get back on the ice.

Me too! Sick seats and VIP parking for my birthday weekend. You should hook up with the Charlotte Bills Backers. They will be partying starting at 9 AM. Look them up on Facebook. They were crazy for the first Amerks game in Charlotte.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Me too! Sick seats and VIP parking for my birthday weekend. You should hook up with the Charlotte Bills Backers. They will be partying starting at 9 AM. Look them up on Facebook. They were crazy for the first Amerks game in Charlotte.

I'd love to be partying all day, but I'll barely be able to get there by game time. I'll try not to spill beer on you from section 304. It gets rowdy up there though, can't promise anything. Happy Birthday bro!

Reactions: Dingo44

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
I'd love to be partying all day, but I'll barely be able to get there by game time. I'll try not to spill beer on you from section 304. It gets rowdy up there though, can't promise anything. Happy Birthday bro!

I'll be in section 105 wearing my "cheap" white Sabres Skinner jersey. If you see me walking around say hi! Go SABRES!

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
My opinion of Jack is that he is a really good player who has stretches of great play but definitely isn’t generational.

I’m disappointed by his goal scoring ability at this point in his career, he should be a consistent 40 goal scorer, yet he just scores in bunches.

His play the last 2 months hasn’t been near good enough, he needs to be better.

Reactions: Gabrielor

MrMaster

Apr 20, 2016
My opinion of Jack is that he is a really good player who has stretches of great play but definitely isn’t generational.

I’m disappointed by his goal scoring ability at this point in his career, he should be a consistent 40 goal scorer, yet he just scores in bunches.
It's in his brain. He holds on instead of shooting or passing, and shoots instead of making the right pass. Hockey IQ is not off the charts. It's good, but not elite like with guys in the realm of Aho, Marner, Petterson, etc. Maybe those things get better, he is still pretty young, but i doubt it..
How many times does he shoot and the puck goes out the other side?

Then there's Dahlin: Everything he does seem to work out, even the things that go wrong.

Bounces for example, can go both ways, but it is the choice and execution, the way you execute, which decide more often than not if the puck ends up in the back of the net, on your teammates stick, whatever..Hope i explained it well enough, though it might not be fair to compare F vs D

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Like nobody has been calling him generational for like 2 years after people were able to see the difference in McDavid and him

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
I agree with that.
But, give him elite IQ, and there wouldn't be a drop off like that.
Elite IQ? I don't really deal in what ifs and hypotheticals.

What I do see is Eichel having to drive the offence 90% of the time in the last 3 years. Sure Skinner helps open the ice up but come on, If this team had more than one line it would open the ice up for Eichel.

I am not trying to make excuses for Eichel but point out the fact that teams only have to plan for Eichel-Skinner.

MrMaster

Apr 20, 2016
Elite IQ? I don't really deal in what ifs and hypotheticals.

What I do see is Eichel having to drive the offence 90% of the time in the last 3 years. Sure Skinner helps open the ice up but come on, If this team had more than one line it would open the ice up for Eichel.

I am not trying to make excuses for Eichel but point out the fact that teams only have to plan for Eichel-Skinner.

Well, then let's hope this is another learning curve for him, like when entering the league. Now it is the next step: dealing with primary focus of defending him. He has got to overcome that.
I'm not sure if this is the case though, they played the Jerseys last night, and they were not playing exceptional defensively. Eichel had room and opportunity, he just didn't use it.
Like i said, i still believe there is some lingering injury. He also looked slower the last 20 games or so, compared to the beginning of the season.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
Well, then let's hope this is another learning curve for him, like when entering the league. Now it is the next step: dealing with primary focus of defending him. He has got to overcome that.
I'm not sure if this is the case though, they played the Jerseys last night, and they were not playing exceptional defensively. Eichel had room and opportunity, he just didn't use it.
Like i said, i still believe there is some lingering injury. He also looked slower the last 20 games or so, compared to the beginning of the season.
Look at Eichel's offensive zone entries...wasn't he first or second in the NHL last year? His IQ is not the problem. The guy gets hit from behind and almost gets killed and Housley did nothing. You have to wonder what goes through Eichel's head and how much he is willing to sacrifice for this team.

MrMaster

Apr 20, 2016
Look at Eichel's offensive zone entries...wasn't he first or second in the NHL last year?
I think he did worse since the winning streak? His zone entries aren't that good imo since then, maybe it's bcs Dahlin got into the mix.
We know he has trouble playing with guys who want the puck, remember the world cup? Gaudreau?

Edit: I was referring to the powerplay zone entries, that's why Dahlin came up, my bad.

Buf fan in Nash

Jul 18, 2018
Nashville, TN
People shouldn't complain about Eichel as he isn't the problem on this team. He does get rattled relatively easy but hes still a top notch 1C and i'm happy hes locked up for the long term. Hes still very young and has the responsibility of being the captain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad