Proposal: Jack Eichel to New Jersey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
All the firsts we have this year plus Nico an it’s still a no.
The original offer gets you blacklisted and shunned as a NHL GM for even thinking it’s remotely possible .That is once the Sabres GM realizes that you were serious with the offer and wasnt said as a joke .

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
It’s only February, but this one has to be in the running for “worst HF trade proposal of the year”.

Where are the mods to clean this shit up. It's so annoying that the purpose of this board has been hijacked and has devolved into this nonsense. Only legit rumors should be discussed here.

It's like hey a genius idea just popped into the OP's head, damn how awesome would it be for my team to trade for Jack Eichel??? No shit, everyone else in the world thinks the same thing.

This idea should have died in the OP's head long before he could actually type this garbage up . As if this the Emancipation Proclamation and it's too genius not to share with the rest of the world.

What's the next proposal? VALUE OF "Mila Kunis to dump Ashton Kutcher and marry me instead". PROPOSAL: "Jeff Bezos to bequeath his entire fortune to me"

because that is about as likely as some of the BS posted here.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I love the part about throwing in Vatanen as if he’s gonna help Buffalo between now and July 1st. Or maybe you think they just won’t notice he’s a UFA?

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Where are the mods to clean this **** up. It's so annoying that the purpose of this board has been hijacked and has devolved into this nonsense. Only legit rumors should be discussed here.

It's like hey a genius idea just popped into the OP's head, damn how awesome would it be for my team to trade for Jack Eichel??? No ****, everyone else in the world thinks the same thing.

This idea should have died in the OP's head long before he could actually type this garbage up . As if this the Emancipation Proclamation and it's too genius not to share with the rest of the world.

What's the next proposal? VALUE OF "Mila Kunis to dump Ashton Kutcher and marry me instead". PROPOSAL: "Jeff Bezos to bequeath his entire fortune to me"

because that is about as likely as some of the BS posted here.
lol

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
OP is probably 11 years old so I'll take it easy. Switch Zacha to Hughes, Vatanen to Smith and add the Devils #1 this year and maybe Buffalo doesn't laugh and slam down the phone on you.

Reactions: thefors

Ledge And Dairy

Buffalo receives:
Pavel Zacha
2020 First - Vancuver's pick
2020 First - Arizona Pick
2020 First - Devils
Semi Vatanen (50% retained)

New Jersey receives:
Jack Eichel

Before people think I'm crazy. I wanted to sell Coleman and I said first and second. People said I'm crazy and would never sell Coleman. Today I got what I wanted plus some, and everyone is happy. You have to ask to receive. I also think Eichel will leave Buffalo, and I think Jersey will be deadly about when Eichel reaches his prime years.

Let's be real here, both clubs are not serious. Eichel is stuck there. I speculate nobody wants to play at both places, but Devils with all those picks plus Hughes and Hischier, have a shot at drafting a generational talent this year, and be a contender in 5 years.

I don't think overpaying for Eichel will happen, and I don't think you can win a cup at Buffalo with Eichel alone. He will eventually realize it's a dead end for everyone involved.

Edit: Changed second to first.
I take it you have zero knowledge on Buffalo's current situation. Why would Buffalo not be as deadly when Eichel hits hks prime? Dahlin is basically Seth Jones 2.0, Olofsson is very good, Reinhart hard os solid, Skinner yet overpaid is good, Jokiharju will be a great #2 and thats just the current roster players. UPL and Cozens are highly regarded prospects also Mittelstadt should develop or be traded for pieces of need. They have A LOT of really bad contracts coming off the books this year and should get another top 10 pick in a stacked draft. When Boston starts to age out this team should become a contender

Hasek

Jan 2, 2013
Rule number 1 of making proposals for a star player: If you have to include a pick that is not a 1st rounder, then your offer is not good enough.

Reactions: EXTRAS

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Buffalo receives:
Pavel Zacha
2020 First - Vancouver Pick
2020 First - Arizona Pick
2020 First - Devils Pick
Semi Vatanen (50% retained)

New Jersey receives:
Jack Eichel

Before people think I'm crazy. I wanted to sell Coleman and I said first and second. People said I'm crazy and would never sell Coleman. Today I got what I wanted plus some, and everyone is happy. You have to ask to receive. I also think Eichel will leave Buffalo, and I think Jersey will be deadly about when Eichel reaches his prime years.

Let's be real here, both clubs are not serious. Eichel is stuck there. I speculate nobody wants to play at both places, but Devils with all those picks plus Hughes and Hischier, have a shot at drafting a generational talent this year, and be a contender in 5 years.

I don't think overpaying for Eichel will happen, and I don't think you can win a cup at Buffalo with Eichel alone. He will eventually realize it's a dead end for everyone involved.

Edit: Changed second to first.

Warning: I'll tell you why you can't offer more. Look at Eric Lindros trade. Who won the cup? Sure the value is there, but you don't build teams around a single player. If you overpay you won't win with Eichel, and Eichel won't win at Buffalo.
Buffalo won't be trading Eichel. You could offer TEN 1st rd picks, and the answer would still be no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad