Player Discussion Jack Eichel Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gvandeke

Apr 1, 2015
Does anybody have an opinion on whether to get a new Eichel Jersey from the Sabres Store or IceJerseys?

Either way, I would wait until the #9 jersey that has a "C" on it comes out. It should come out in September when camp opens.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
I doubt that.

I bet they name Eichel captain. Even though I would give it to a guy like Okposo.

Okposo shouldn’t be captain of an NHL team....and there’s no harm in waiting it’s not like Jack is even a natural born leader.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Okposo shouldn’t be captain of an NHL team....and there’s no harm in waiting it’s not like Jack is even a natural born leader.

http://www.buffalohockeybeat.com/sabres-missed-kyle-okposos-leadership/

On the ice, Okposo compiled 19 goals and 45 points in 65 games. Before he injured his ribs March 2, he was the Sabres’ leading scorer. Off the ice, Okposo, who signed a seven-year, $42 million contract July 1, quickly “developed into a big leader,” Bylsma said.

“There’s a big part missing when he’s not there with that leadership,” he said as the Sabres held end-of-season meetings inside KeyBank Center.

-----------------------------------------------------
Sabres center Jack Eichel added: “You miss him in the locker room, you miss him every day as a leader. He comes to the rink, works hard, he’s a good voice, great player. Really good friend of mine, really close to him, so tough to see him go through what he went through.”

To the Islanders Faithful

If you take away one thing from my time on Long Island, though, honestly — please let it be this: I came across some of the best teammates in the world. I’ve had so many heart-to-heart conversations with Kyle Okposo over the years that had nothing to do with hockey … and I’ve always felt like I could trust him with anything. If I have a daughter one day, I hope she marries someone like him.

I disagree

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I don’t think it matters at all if they wait a year, we have different views :)

If they aren't sold on giving Eichel the C, then they should go with a veteran as a short term move so they can figure out if Eichel or Dahlin or someone else is the next captain.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Leads the team in points every season. Drops the gloves when Reinhart got hammered. Snaps his sticks in frustration after losses when hes playing with a lockerroom full of losers. Back checks from all the way across the ice when other teammates are much closer. If Eichel doesn't deserve the C no one ever will.

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
Leads the team in points every season. Drops the gloves when Reinhart got hammered. Snaps his sticks in frustration after losses when hes playing with a lockerroom full of losers. Back checks from all the way across the ice when other teammates are much closer. If Eichel doesn't deserve the C no one ever will.
Add in taking Mittelstadt out to lunch when he was called up, reaching out to Dahlin after he was drafted. Whether people think he's leader material or not, he's showing that he wants to be that guy. Just give it to him already IMO.

(Though I'm guessing he probably doesn't view the lockerroom as "full of losers". At least I'd hope not.)

OkimLom

May 3, 2010

Shows his hate to lose passively; horrible he’s a culture problem...

Shows his hate to lose aggressively; put a damn letter on him...

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
Shows his hate to lose passively; horrible he’s a culture problem...

Shows his hate to lose aggressively; put a damn letter on him...
If your response to losing is to "roll over", then admit it publicly while not reassuring in any way but just wishing things were better... then yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad