Player Discussion Jack Eichel Part 8 -- The Siege of Eichelgrad

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005

Christ Johnston joined the Steve Dangle podcast to talk about things.

He thinks the next pressure point is the start of camp.

And again, I think all the pressure is on the teams interested in acquiring him. It's not like we're looking at a cup run this season, so what's the difference to Buffalo if he's around? But if Jack needs surgery and it will be the acquiring team's prerogative to decide what that looks like, then the sooner they get the deal done, the better.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Now the ****er needs back surgery, too? Nice reporting boys.
friday-neck.gif

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
I think the fact we haven't heard of any leaked offers from teams tells us how little teams are offering. It's probably less than we think.

I mean, it's probably next to nothing if we are refusing to eat part of Eichel's salary, and probably very great offers if we are willing. Five years is too long to take back salary, so that's why there's a stalemate.

The stalemate will only be broken when one of the teams figure out how to unload salary in a trade with another team, or Buffalo agrees to take on a cap dump that helps them make it work.

I don't see any scenario where Buffalo pays part of his salary 5 years, that's one thing we can all agree on :)

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I mean, it's probably next to nothing if we are refusing to eat part of Eichel's salary, and probably very great offers if we are willing. Five years is too long to take back salary, so that's why there's a stalemate.

The stalemate will only be broken when one of the teams figure out how to unload salary in a trade with another team, or Buffalo agrees to take on a cap dump that helps them make it work.

I don't see any scenario where Buffalo pays part of his salary 5 years, that's one thing we can all agree on :)
Yeah, the talk of retaining half his salary is insane talk. Imagine giving up $5M of your cap space for 5 years, and giving it to a competitor in your own conference to boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad