Not open for further replies.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018

was listening to a podcast and they were talking about the different backgrounds athletes have during video calls- kinda funny seeing the juxtaposition between Rudolph’s trophy case or whatever and Eichel’s.. dorm room. I dig it, just seems like there’s zero ego with him.

Also, pretty sure he’d drink whatever Kool-aid Krueger gives him no questions asked- even when the question is about ‘rona and the shutdown jack mentions Krueger’s smarts.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dec 17, 2018

I hadn’t watched any of those before.. and I’ll continue not watching. Thanks for posting, glad I checked it out, but I just hate that style- 4 guys but each question is directed at just one of ‘em, there’s no flow. Idk, wish they just gave ‘em a question easier to turn into a conversation? I guess that’s hard with video calls, but I just don’t want Shea Weber staring at me anymore.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
But but its an awful deal! But but Jack is not captain material!

At the time of the deal, Jack was not captain material. And they gave no incentive to force him to take on the role quicker. It wasn’t until they traded you know who away that forced him to do that, but that hurt the team in the short term, which Jack has shown at times the immature moments of not being ready due to that decision.

Its one thing to be THE guy offensively, which Jack has shown; it’s a whole other matter to make it YOUR team. He has shown improvement but he’s not close yet to being captain material. You need a calmness from your captain more often than him showing emotion. Jack wears his emotions on his sleeve, which as a fan is something you may enjoy, but there have been moments of seeming “whiny” at times.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dec 17, 2018
Such a man crush on this dude- he’s doing a “best music artist” tourney on Instagram, his 64 favorite artists, march madness style bracket. Just a cool idea to entertain people, gives a bit of his personality, and outside of him being wrong about the Eagles (#1 seed!?) and Radiohead (not mentioned!?) he has damned good taste. Which is a subjective thing, but it’s mostly classic rock so I’m down.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Jack Eichel, 2019-20 Hart Trophy winner...if Mark Scheifele gave the awards.
https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/mark-scheifele-2020-nhl-awards

He’s 23 years old, he’s got 337 points in 354 games and, believe me, he gets the toughest assignments every night. Whenever we play Buffalo, he’s the first guy we look to try to nullify. He’s a monster in the offensive end and an absolute pain to play against when you’re trying to score. He can do it all. He’s one of the most complete forwards in the game. And he doesn’t take a shift off. I’ve been watching a lot of the Sabres this year whenever I get the time because of how dominant he is when he’s on the ice. Every time he steps out there he seems like he’s just got another gear over everyone else. To do that night in and night out? That’s impressive.

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
Jack Eichel, 2019-20 Hart Trophy winner...if Mark Scheifele gave the awards.
https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/mark-scheifele-2020-nhl-awards

"And he doesn't take a shift off." I want to emphasize that.

I also like how he has elevated not just his game, but also his maturity. He really grew into the captain's role this year. Can he be even better in that role? Yes, he can. That' what is so exciting about the future with Jack. As much as he's improved as a player and captain, he still hasn't reach his peak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->