Player Discussion Jack Eichel Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I only have a twitter, and it’s essentially just an extension of hfboards. I talk hockey. Otherwise, I dislike / don’t use social media.

So I can respect that.

Reactions: Chainshot

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
He literally never used either of those, FWIW. A retweet every month or two, an instagram post every summer or something like that.

Apologies for the improper use of "literally," yes, I'm a young person

Last edited:
Reactions: Chainshot

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I don't think it's a yikes thing. He's not exactly a big presence on social media anyways.

And I imagine that most Sabres' social media isn't a real warm and fuzzy place right now.

I know that if I were in the public eye, it would be intolerable.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
I figure he doesn’t use social media, there’s probably an uptick in annoying messages this time of year- id get frustrated and delete as well. Hopefully that’s all it is, not sure what else it’d be really. Doubt he did dumb and went off on someone, and it’d be a very obtuse way of showing a dissatisfaction with the Sabres or somethin

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
It'd be one thing if he did what some guys do and deleted all pictures pertaining to his team on his social media, but getting rid of all of them as a whole doesn't signify anything team-related to me. A (wise) personal choice, rather.

MightyMuffins

Jan 17, 2017
And yet even on the Skinner-Eichel line finally we couldn't pull it through. Unfortunately too late in the season to do this when Eichel is burned out carrying this team.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Eichel is burned out carrying this team.

I was trying to pinpoint when this happened. I think it was even before the trade deadline when his point streak kind of puttered out. Seems to be a theme every year where he dips considerably after the all star break when defense and game-planning against him seems to tighten up.

The Red Helmet

Dec 19, 2007
This is reflective of the fan's culture. Which seems pretty lousy.
Any passionate fan base would act this way. Imagine if Toronto or Montreal were on a 9 year playoff drought. I don't follow these social media accouts of players but I imagine any vitriol Eichel may see is universal amongst athletes of his status.

Last edited by a moderator:

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Yep it's the fans. They should just accept the team being bottom feeders every year, buy the tickets and shut up right? Any passionate fan base would act this way.
Imagine if Toronto or Montreal were on a 9 year playoff drought. Your comment seems like you think fans are more of a problem than the poor managment of the Sabres which is of course ridiculous.

I feel Eichel closing his social media to ward off negativity has everything to do with how people treat him on social media and nothing to do with how the team is managed. Your opinion may vary.

TheStorm

Sep 15, 2015
Pittsburgh,PA
I was trying to pinpoint when this happened. I think it was even before the trade deadline when his point streak kind of puttered out. Seems to be a theme every year where he dips considerably after the all star break when defense and game-planning against him seems to tighten up.
Isn't he injured right now? I would think it had more to do with that.

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
I don't even think the negativity was directed at him, despite his current point drought, although he was the one receiving it. It was probably at the organization itself. Even the most casual fan knows he's our sole hope in winning games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->