Player Discussion Jack Eichel Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Jack Eichel is currently 20th all time in Scoring in Sabres history. 1 point behind Afinogenov for 19th.

After next season he should be 12th just behind Vanek.

By the end of 22-23 he is likely 5th and by end of his contract he will most assutedly be 2nd.

It is safe to say Eichel will be the 2nd best forward/skater in team history. If he wins a cup/stays here his whole career he may very well be 1st.

Which makes the lack of help around him infuriating.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
FB_IMG_1582045885819.jpg

Member 308457

Eichel on goal celebration vs. Leafs: 'Trying to defend our arena a little bit'

"I think you're criticized for a lot of the things you do so I try to keep to myself."

I sense much sadness with Jack. He isn't too enthusiastic and feels he has to keep to himself. He was used to winning and having fun before he got to this organizaiton, but now despite his best efforts, the best the team can do is be mediocre. Sam is probably even more sad than Jack, being here longer. These are two young guys who are hungry to win and it's being denied.

I for one am through criticizing this team. They need to get it together themselves. I've been a fan since before the beginning and all the frustration of these last nine years...whatever I say isn't going to help. I agree with Jack...there's too much criticism going on, although it's hard to resist, like kicking a dead horse. It contributes to a very negative attitude among the fans and team.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: WeDislikeEich

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara
Eichel on goal celebration vs. Leafs: 'Trying to defend our arena a little bit'

"I think you're criticized for a lot of the things you do so I try to keep to myself."

I sense much sadness with Jack. He isn't too enthusiastic and feels he has to keep to himself. He was used to winning and having fun before he got to this organizaiton, but now despite his best efforts, the best the team can do is be mediocre. Sam is probably even more sad than Jack, being here longer. These are two young guys who are hungry to win and it's being denied.

I for one am through criticizing this team. They need to get it together themselves. I've been a fan since before the beginning and all the frustration of these last nine years...whatever I say isn't going to help. I agree with Jack...there's too much criticism going on, although it's hard to resist, like kicking a dead horse. It contributes to a very negative attitude among the fans and team.
How do you watch that goal and watch him celebrate it and then write something like this..... lol

MightyMuffins

Jan 17, 2017
Quickly becoming apparent from these last 3 games Jack is just beyond deflated with this organization. You know it is ineviable Jack will be requesting a trade this offseason.....even a threat of it....it will happen. i feel so bad for him.

jd1970

Feb 23, 2007
Downtown Buffalo
Please get someone who knows what the hell theyre doing in charge of this franchise and stop wasting this guys career.
The Penguins sucked Mario's first 5 seasons too.
You cant blow up a franchise without consequences.
But everyone here wanted that.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
The Penguins sucked Mario's first 5 seasons too.
You cant blow up a franchise without consequences.
But everyone here wanted that.

The tank has nothing to do with a GM incapable of filling a roster five years later.

zero.

Zilch.

Nada.

One Gm trades futures to Rush a rebuild and when that failed the next one legitimately can not identify a talented forward to save his life.

No one could have done worse with this than Pegula has.

Go look at the Sabres roster in 2012-13 and tell me where they would be right now without getting to the bottom. Their only good players came from there. They failed at everything else. Because they hire people who don’t know how to build a roster.

Do we remember where they were pre tank? Not terrible...not good enough to make the playoffs or if they did out in 1. Their assets were an aging core that they couldn’t win with. No hope of getting star players and no hope of winning meaningful games.

Today and for the entirety of this Gms tenure he has had a superstar player. And he hasn’t felt the need to fill the hole at 2C since he created it. Centers get traded...never here. And the forwards he has brought in...Jesus Christ. He has no clue what he’s looking at.

This could have been turned around years ago with someone at the helm who could evaluate a player. Not one who sits on too many defenseman and turns them into...Frolik...as another season drowns.

No. No. No. without the tank they’re just as bad everywhere else but without Eichel (or Reinhart or Dahlin). Because they are incapable of evaluating talent.

The blame here is on Murray for not understanding the value of high picks and Botterill for not being able to identify an NHL caliber player...and being unable to fill the hole he made himself.

There are many many many qualified people who could have done and can do both.

But they don’t work here.

Because Terry Pegula is a fool.

It could turn around quickly from here too.

But it won’t

Because Terry Pegula is a fool.

Eicheltower

Nov 26, 2018
Despite the team going to shit. He is a magnificent player. As a fan since the early 2000s as a kid to now he's been fun to watch.

Overreacting but we may never see a Eichel playoff beard unless it's a video game. Sadness.

Maybe he can find some joy in rooting on his Boston Celtics like I do.

MightyMuffins

Jan 17, 2017
Nonsense.
I wouldn't count anything out. Great players want to win. Jack you can see is just at his breaking point with this franchise and you saw and/or heard it after this Coyotes game. It's another lost season of a team that's rudderless. He's basically at that point where "do I have to threaten a trade before management takes S**t seriously"...

Member 308457

How do you watch that goal and watch him celebrate it and then write something like this..... lol

Thanks for the criticism, I'll try to better myself because of you. But you didn't click on the link. The link was an interview with Eichel who was very subdued even after those scores.

jd1970

Feb 23, 2007
Downtown Buffalo
I wouldn't count anything out. Great players want to win. Jack you can see is just at his breaking point with this franchise and you saw and/or heard it after this Coyotes game. It's another lost season of a team that's rudderless. He's basically at that point where "do I have to threaten a trade before management takes S**t seriously"...
All in your imagination

jd1970

Feb 23, 2007
Downtown Buffalo
Eichel knew what he was getting into. The Sabres were one of the worst teams in the history of the NHL.
He'll have to be patient, cause he's not going anywhere.

MightyMuffins

Jan 17, 2017
Unfortunately it's clear as day Jack is gassed. He carried the team so much this season that this pointless streak is showing that all the carrying of the team has caught up. :(

Reactions: Merrrlin

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
I want them to scratch Jack for a few games not just because he needs some rest, but because we need to see people step up on this team. Namely Sam, Skinner and quite a few others

Last edited:

FormerSabresFan

Sep 14, 2015
If he's nursing injury they need to shut him down. I suspect once they're mathematically eliminated Jack sits out a couple games to heal.

Its for the best.

Bendium

Oct 18, 2019
People say they are worried about wasting Jacks years and him wanting a trade. That's a load of crap. He signed 8x10 in a commitment to be the face of the Sabres for along time. He is not going anywhere. You have at least another three years to make the team a winner and get him in a place where he wants to sign on for more.

The person to worry about wasting the years of.............is Rick Jenerette.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad