Player Discussion Jack Eichel Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
I'm a little worried about his effort this year with no fans. He'll put up points but I think he needs that extra energy the fans give him, home or away.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Am bored and have no desire to rewatch any of that game so was looking at our all time scoring list. This season Jack Eichel will almost assuredly pass Jochen Hecht (7 away from passing),Ric Seiling (38), Dale Hawerchuk and Pat LaFontaine (47 away) for 15th all time in Sabre scoring. While he is still 161 points away from #10 (Danny Gare, 500), #s 10 thru 5 are only 58 points away from each other. If he scores exactly a ppg the rest of this season and the following two he will be tied with his old coach Housley for 5th. If he scores exactly a ppg and actually plays out his contract here and isn't dealt by then he would reach exactly the amount Dave Andreychuk has at the #2 spot. I expect him to score well over a ppg the next 6 seasons so this is obviously a conservative estimate but the reason I posted this is that this is just pathetic and sad that we have a legit superstar center who will reach #2 all time in franchise scoring if he isn't moved before he is even 30 years old and for at least half of his career we can't even f***ing reach the playoffs. I really don't understand how they can't at least luck their way into a playoff spot over these last 8 and most likely 9 seasons.

At least if Jack does demand a trade we should get quite the haul. There are probably less then 5 players when you factor in contracts who have higher trade value. A 90-100 point center making just 10 mil per until 2026 is worth a Kings ransom. It will be an utter embarrassment if he ends up not even playing a single gat damn playoff game by the time he leaves us.

NorCalhockey

Jan 6, 2017
Am bored and have no desire to rewatch any of that game so was looking at our all time scoring list. This season Jack Eichel will almost assuredly pass Jochen Hecht (7 away from passing),Ric Seiling (38), Dale Hawerchuk and Pat LaFontaine (47 away) for 15th all time in Sabre scoring. While he is still 161 points away from #10 (Danny Gare, 500), #s 10 thru 5 are only 58 points away from each other. If he scores exactly a ppg the rest of this season and the following two he will be tied with his old coach Housley for 5th. If he scores exactly a ppg and actually plays out his contract here and isn't dealt by then he would reach exactly the amount Dave Andreychuk has at the #2 spot. I expect him to score well over a ppg the next 6 seasons so this is obviously a conservative estimate but the reason I posted this is that this is just pathetic and sad that we have a legit superstar center who will reach #2 all time in franchise scoring if he isn't moved before he is even 30 years old and for at least half of his career we can't even f***ing reach the playoffs. I really don't understand how they can't at least luck their way into a playoff spot over these last 8 and most likely 9 seasons.

At least if Jack does demand a trade we should get quite the haul. There are probably less then 5 players when you factor in contracts who have higher trade value. A 90-100 point center making just 10 mil per until 2026 is worth a Kings ransom. It will be an utter embarrassment if he ends up not even playing a single gat damn playoff game by the time he leaves us.
Serious question: if someone told Jack back in the day he could make 10 million a year for 8 years with NO playoffs in those 8 years - OR - make 6 million a year for 8 years with playoffs half of those 8 years, wonder which option he'd choose...

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
He’s gone

Two games.. Remember it took him a while last year to find the accuracy in his shot.. It was a tough way to start but might be a blessing in disguise.. We'll see if they can be 4 and 6 after first ten.. It's not yet time to step out on the ledge..
I'm more concerned w Dahlin and Staal but 10 mos is a long time to think fast .. Wash lines have played together a long tine and they played in the booble for that odd two sun calamity.. They will be competitive.. How much how soon? We'll have to see but wait to load that hot dose of capt jack and end it all, for a couple of weeks
Go Bills.

Last edited:

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
It’s hard to come up with an explanation for the way Eichel is playing besides he just doesn’t want to be here anymore.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018

Two games in after longest layoff ever for 7 teams and no preseason.. You sound like my girlfriend/wife judging my comeback from a bender.. Jeez.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Or he's still hurt.. His girlfriend left him and kicked his dog..etc

It's early chill w the most understanding and similar confusion.. Come back from the ledge.. It will be alright .
I’m not on a ledge. I’m honestly ready to move on if it’s necessary. What would be the most Buffalo thing ever is letting him devalue himself by playing uninspired for a season, demanding a trade and then trading him for pennies in the dollar. That’s my guess for what actually happens. What should happen is they should trade him way before that. If the Sabres are at the bottom of the standings at 20 games. I would fire Ralph and trade Jack for a kings ransom and try again at this team building thing.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Pretty crazy that this is his sixth season with the team.

I don't see us trading Jack until the draft with the flat cap and all. Him and Hall gone could mean a pretty serious Buffalo depression.

I really hope Pegs and Adams realize they are prolonging the rebuild with at least five years if they don't start improving the roster.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
You cannot win without a winning attitude. If players are just acting as place holders counting their money then no matter their skill get rid of them for even for lesser players who will give their all all the time. It is one thing to win with a couple players who are very skilled and yet do not give their best effort all the time when able--it may ire some team mates, coaches and fans but it is tough to make moves. But if you are losing with those guys? If you are at the cap with those guys but do not make the playoffs? It is as if Batman forgot where he parked the Batmobile or Superman mislaid his cape. Sheesh!

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
I’m not on a ledge. I’m honestly ready to move on if it’s necessary. What would be the most Buffalo thing ever is letting him devalue himself by playing uninspired for a season, demanding a trade and then trading him for pennies in the dollar. That’s my guess for what actually happens. What should happen is they should trade him way before that. If the Sabres are at the bottom of the standings at 20 games. I would fire Ralph and trade Jack for a kings ransom and try again at this team building thing.

If this is true at game ten or fifteen then alright.. But c'mon... This team has 7 new players plus tage and cozens .
Staal blows more than Eichel right now and it isn't even close. He looks like a pro downhill racer breaking out the snow plow at times..
I think they will all get their sh%t together within a game or two.. If Hall doesn't hit the iron and Eichel or Skinner finished you wouldn't talk trading Eichel doom and gloom..

I'm not saying that won't be true if this continues but after 2 games? They haven't competed in 10 month. I must say it's a bit of a suicidal hot take. With all due respect and commiseration from a fellow sufferer that still sees Hutton in net.

Last edited:

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Two games.. Remember it took him a while last year to find the accuracy in his shot.. It was a tough way to start but might be a blessing in disguise.. We'll see if they can be 4 and 6 after first ten.. It's not yet time to step out on the ledge..
I'm more concerned w Dahlin and Staal but 10 mos is a long time to think fast .. Wash lines have played together a long tine and they played in the booble for that odd two sun calamity.. They will be competitive.. How much how soon? We'll have to see but wait to load that hot dose of capt jack and end it all, for a couple of weeks
Go Bills.

it didn’t take him a while to find his accuracy last year. He had it in the beginning.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
NHL destinations, draft reflections, cross-check crackdown: Duhatschek mailbag

When do you think the Rangers’ Cup contention window will begin? Where will Dubois and Eichel be playing next season? What odds do you give the Rangers of making the playoffs this season? Thanks! Ed P.

We got the answer to one part of your question Saturday, when Pierre-Luc Dubois landed in Winnipeg in the trade for Patrik Laine and Jack Roslovic. I do believe the Rangers made a hard push on Jack Eichel last summer, but ultimately, couldn’t get anything done. Eichel’s future will likely depend upon how much progress the Sabres show this year and if they can get Taylor Hall to sign a contract extension as a possible UFA. So … matters beyond the Rangers’ control.

:popcorn:

EmeraldCitySabre

Yeah, we've got uniforms and everything....
Apr 10, 2010
The Claw
To me, Jack just looks miserable out there, his body language and facial expressions show a lot of unhappiness, maybe its frustration I dont know, but I wouldn't be surprised if he pulled a Patrick Roy one of these days. Hopefully they can start winning cause that cures everything.

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
6 games later he still doesn't look much better if you ask me

His numbers are good, though, and it seems like he's got room to improve (maybe it's health, shaking off the rust, lack of immediate chemistry with Hall, just the ebbs and flows of the hockey gods, etc.).

But if people are actually worried that Eichel really wants out and he's already got one foot out the door mentally - then, honestly, I'll take this type of production regardless of his mental state. I'll take a guy who is mentally checked out but still putting up a point per game, 60% CF and a positive (albeit not dominant) xGF%. There really isn't anything to complain about in terms of production.

My take on it is that he is his usual self, maybe a nagging injury, and he just hasn't hit a hot streak yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad