webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Hang in there Jack. Help is on the way.
oldeich.jpg

RWatson29

Apr 24, 2012
Ontario
So did the point streak really end last night? Saw tweets saying it was over but I always thought he had to actually play. Seems kind of silly if he lost the point streak over being sick for a game

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Honest question don’t get mad at me

Do you think Jack will ask for a trade in the next year or two?

I’m finding it hard to believe he’s going to make it through the next 6 and a half years anyways. Don’t even blame him.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

I’m finding it hard to believe he’s going to make it through the next 6 and a half years anyways. Don’t even blame him.

Yes, I suspect it will come to pass with the way things have unfolded.

Reactions: Snippit

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009

Absolutely he will ask for one. He has done all he can to help this team win.

I wonder what we could get in return. In all seriousness if he does request one I would honor that request because he deserves much more then to play for this city/team.

An elite prospect+3 1st round picks+top 6 forward+another good prospect would be fair for a 23 year old superstar center on a bargain deal.

lauraP

Aug 4, 2019
Stop, he's our captain, he won't do that. if anything he'll say something like "I need help or i can't do this on my own" and the GM will be force to trade the farm for some help.

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
I do not think he requests a trade. I do think he will talk to the Pegulas though, about getting the team right.

And, what will the Pegula’s say?

“Oh, now that you mention it, Jack, we probably should try to ice a better team.”

???

It’s still the Pegula’s running the show and that is the reason we are in this predicament to begin with.

Reactions: Smiling Ivan

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
And, what will the Pegula’s say?

“Oh, now that you mention it, Jack, we probably should try to ice a better team.”

???

It’s still the Pegula’s running the show and that is the reason we are in this predicament to begin with.

Jack came forward a few years ago, which led to both Murray and Bylsma getting fired.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
His body language has been so much improved this year. It does translate for a player in his position. He would be great on the PK more, but we're going to burn him out.

His defensive game overall has been great. A couple mistakes on his end in some recent games, but he is being weighed upon more than McDavid. Too bad the rest of the team can't get it together

Reactions: Wisent42

jd1970

Feb 23, 2007
Downtown Buffalo
Absolutely he will ask for one. He has done all he can to help this team win.

I wonder what we could get in return. In all seriousness if he does request one I would honor that request because he deserves much more then to play for this city/team.

An elite prospect+3 1st round picks+top 6 forward+another good prospect would be fair for a 23 year old superstar center on a bargain deal.
It would have to an Eric Lindros to Philadelphia trade.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls

I think he's all in with Krueger and is going to try to do whatever it takes as long as Krueger's here. If Krueger goes I think Jack will want out.

Reactions: 1point21Gigawatts

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
It would have to an Eric Lindros to Philadelphia trade.

That is what I proposed. In today's day and age a package consisting of an elite/top 10 prospect in the game today, an A level prospect (prospect drafted in the 1st round within the last 3 drafts who is still on track to be a top 6f/top 4D), 3 unprotected 1st round picks and a 55+ point top line/top 6 forward is pretty close to a Lindros return in the cap era. I mean no one has brought back a package that big in the last 15 years . Hell, Joe Thornton who was a superstar center brought back far less.

I mean we have 6.5 years left of Eichel. He is gone after this contract. He wants to win not be a superstar in a 3rd rate city/and 4th rate franchise. We can't win with a superstar so if we have to rebuild getting 5 top young assets and a replacement top 6 forward is good enough for me if Jack does request a trade. He has done everything humanly possible to help the team win..If he wants out you honor that request as long as there is someone willing to pay fair value.

Something like Alex Iafallo + Alex Turcotte + Gabe Vilardi + 3 unprotected 1st round picks from LA is a return I would be OK with.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
I wouldn't blame Jack if he asked for a trade out of town. He has done his level best to help this team win. He can't do it all himself, but he sure has done a good job thus far. On top of that, his pay is completely reasonable when you look at Marner and Matthews. He has been good to the organization and they aren't getting him the support he needs.

That said, I think he likes being "the guy" here in Buffalo. He gets all the minutes he can handle, he is the team captain, and that's not necessarily guaranteed elsewhere. And to punctuate the point that @Buffaloed made, i think Jack is all in on RK. As mad as we are at the losing, the team is playing better hockey on the ice. The last few losses have been mental fatigue or individual mistakes. These can be corrected and if we can see it, you can bet Jack sees it. As long as we maintain this trajectory (and botts pulls his thumbs out of his ass so he can make a few trade calls) then Jack may hang in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->