Jack Eichel or Austin Matthews 17/18

cowboy82nd

Feb 19, 2012
Newnan, Georgia
I think Matthews will have a better year. He had a pretty good rookie year to build off of, and his team is on the rise (increasing his production).

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Matthews. He is a little better offensively and much more complete. He's also on a better team and has a better coach

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
I choose Meichel. Although Eathhews could really have a big year.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Is Buffalo still years ahead of the Leafs rebuild is the bigger question.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
These threads never go well but I say Jeichel now and future. 85-90 points is my guess this year if he plays 82 games

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Matthews, he has a superior supporting cast around him, Eichel's isn't bad but it falls off fast he has ROR Okposo and Kane

Matthews has Nylander Marleau, Marner, JVR, Kadri, Bozak Brown, all except Brown scored 50+ points and Brown got 20 goals on the 3rd line.

Eichel doesn't have 5 60+ point guys on his team, 6 50+ point guys, he doesn't have a 3rd line C that scored 30 goals and 60 points, or if you consider Bozak the 3rd line C 18 goals and 55 points.

Eichel doesn't have a 3rd line RW that got 20 goals as a rookie

Matthews will have a better season because Toronto has more offensive options which means a teams focus has to be ore spread out you can't just focus on Matthews and win the game.

Buffalo has much less depth, sure they can load up a good line a run Kane Eichel and Okposo but if they do that they become a 1 line team.

Even if Toronto did load up their top line and went with Nylander Matthews Marner they still have JVR Bozak Marleau and Komarov Kadri Brown to back them up.

If Toonto went JVR Matthews Nylander they'd still have Marleau Bozak Marner, Komarov Kadri Brown to back them up.

Buffalo doesn't have that depth they are much easier to shut down.

Toronto is a 3 line team

Buffalo is 1 line and part of a 2nd line

Matthews will have the better season as long as he's healthy

schpaff

Sep 4, 2005
Matthews, he has a superior supporting cast around him, Eichel's isn't bad but it falls off fast he has ROR Okposo and Kane

Matthews has Nylander Marleau, Marner, JVR, Kadri, Bozak Brown, all except Brown scored 50+ points and Brown got 20 goals on the 3rd line.

Eichel doesn't have 5 60+ point guys on his team, 6 50+ point guys, he doesn't have a 3rd line C that scored 30 goals and 60 points, or if you consider Bozak the 3rd line C 18 goals and 55 points.

Eichel doesn't have a 3rd line RW that got 20 goals as a rookie

Matthews will have a better season because Toronto has more offensive options which means a teams focus has to be ore spread out you can't just focus on Matthews and win the game.

Buffalo has much less depth, sure they can load up a good line a run Kane Eichel and Okposo but if they do that they become a 1 line team.

Even if Toronto did load up their top line and went with Nylander Matthews Marner they still have JVR Bozak Marleau and Komarov Kadri Brown to back them up.

If Toonto went JVR Matthews Nylander they'd still have Marleau Bozak Marner, Komarov Kadri Brown to back them up.

Buffalo doesn't have that depth they are much easier to shut down.

Toronto is a 3 line team

Buffalo is 1 line and part of a 2nd line

Matthews will have the better season as long as he's healthy

Ok..Toronto sun...lol.

Nooodles

May 7, 2010
Geszteréd
Who's gonna be better next season, Eichel or Matthews?

My moneys on Eichel for a 90 point season.

Point wise? Eichel maybe.

But Matthews will always be the better player. He's a complete package. He's way better defensively and it's not even close.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad