Confirmed with Link: Jack Eichel named captain

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
The nice thing is he’s becoming a 200ft player. The effort is almost always there.
He’s an effective leader.

The best thing is he’s at a ppg pace.
And it doesn’t seem like he’s hit his offensive stride yet.

The line has been hot, but I feel like Skinner has been the driver of a lot of the offense.

I’m hoping he gets hot soon over the next 20 games or so to keep us in the playoff discussion as we head towards mid-season.

Reactions: Rasmi

JThorne

Stop accepting failure
Jul 21, 2006
Downtown Buffalo
I can't wait for Eichel to have a full season of games and a point total following his average ppg at the very least. If, for no other reason, than to shut up people who bring up, "What's his highest point total in a season?!?!"

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
The nice thing is he’s becoming a 200ft player. The effort is almost always there.
He’s an effective leader.

The best thing is he’s at a ppg pace.
And it doesn’t seem like he’s hit his offensive stride yet.

The line has been hot, but I feel like Skinner has been the driver of a lot of the offense.

I’m hoping he gets hot soon over the next 20 games or so to keep us in the playoff discussion as we head towards mid-season.

200ft. games are overrated :sarcasm:

darcyRegier

Mar 27, 2017
I'll have to recheck the stats tomorrow, but currently Jack is:

- Tied for 8th in the NHL in points with 17 in 14 games (1.21 ppg)
- Tied for 3rd in the NHL in assists with 13 in 14 games

He's doing that with below average powerplay production (13 of his 17 points are from 5 v 5), and with his line having to carry the team(besides today)... Skinner | Eichel | Pominville currently account for over 50% of the Sabres offense. And he plays against the best defensive players opposing teams can offer every single shift.

Yea he's no McDavid, but he's already an elite #1C at 22 years old. You almost never get players this good 2nd overall.

*edit: Fun fact: Jack is currently on pace for 99 points

Last edited:
Reactions: Dingo44

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
I'll have to recheck the stats tomorrow, but currently Jack is:

- Tied for 8th in the NHL in points with 17 in 14 games (1.21 ppg)
- Tied for 3rd in the NHL in assists with 13 in 14 games

He's doing that with below average powerplay production (13 of his 17 points are from 5 v 5), and with his line having to carry the team(besides today)... Skinner|Eichel|Pominville currently account for over 50% of the Sabres offense. And he plays against the best defensive players opposing teams can offer every single shift.

Yea he's no McDavid, but he's already an elite #1C at 22 years old. You almost never don't get players this good 2nd overall.

McDavid would not produce at the rate he is on Edmonton on this team.

Now that Eich finally has competent linemates (Kane is what ruined the Kane/Eich/Pominville line last year), he is starting to put up goofy point totals. The scary thing is, Eich is going through an unprecedented goal scoring drought. He has one goal in his last 11 games. Once he finds his scoring touch, Jack could easily have a stretch of close to 2 points per game

Reactions: buffalowing88

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
Someone told me he is not a top-ten offensive player at his best. He very clearly is. The knocks on him have always been consistency and intensity without the puck, but he's looking much improved in those areas this season so far.

darcyRegier

Mar 27, 2017

Now that Eich finally has competent linemates (Kane is what ruined the Kane/Eich/Pominville line last year), he is starting to put up goofy point totals. The scary thing is, Eich is going through an unprecedented goal scoring drought. He has one goal in his last 11 games. Once he finds his scoring touch, Jack could easily have a stretch of close to 2 points per game

Yep, its nice to see what Jack can do when he has an actual team around him. I think he should easily hit 90 if the powerplay can get going.

And I think McDavid probably still would be at worst top 3 in scoring on our team. He is insane. Him and Evander together probably would have been a nightmare to play against.

Reactions: buffalowing88

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
Yep, its nice to see what Jack can do when he has an actual team around him. I think he should easily hit 90 if the powerplay can get going.

And I think McDavid probably still would be at worst top 3 in scoring on our team. He is insane. Him and Evander together probably would have been a nightmare to play against.

McDavid would have had the same issue Jack has had. Teammates flubbing glorious chances he set up

McDavid would score more goals as he's a better goal scorer than Eich. But he'd lose too many assists to count, just as Eich has, due to the stiffs he would have played with

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC

I really think this needs to be considered. Jack is going to get his goals and there are a handful of teams coming up that could allow this to start in a hurry. If his "slump" is going to be scoring fewer goals, you have to think that his hot streak is going to be something like a goal per game total for 4-5 games in the near future.

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC

McDavid and Kane would have been sublime. I imagine it would be similar in relation to Mario and Stevens back in the day.

Reactions: darcyRegier

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
You gotta love the quicker release but that long sweeping wrister is money. Just gripping the stick too tight like the early breakaway today when he smoked two defenders but couldn't flick the wrister past Anderson.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

McDavid would be McDavid anywhere. Kid is just on another level.

But yeah, this is the Jack we've all been waiting for. He's playing a much more complete game, being dangerous every night, and he hasn't even hit his stride with his shooting or the PP yet. He could hit 100+ points this year if those last 2 things start clicking for him.

Reactions: DatGuy

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
McDavid would have had the same issue Jack has had. Teammates flubbing glorious chances he set up

McDavid would score more goals as he's a better goal scorer than Eich. But he'd lose too many assists to count, just as Eich has, due to the stiffs he would have played with

Based on what? His teammates have been similarly bad or worse as Eichel’s. He has oilers flub his chances all the time. This is not a negative about Eichel, but McDavid just creates so many opportunities that he overwhelms the bad plays.

McDavid is just head and shoulders above the rest of the league offensively.

Reactions: DatGuy and joshjull

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Based on what? His teammates have been similarly bad or worse as Eichel’s. He has oilers flub his chances all the time. This is not a negative about Eichel, but McDavid just creates so many opportunities that he overwhelms the bad plays.

McDavid is just head and shoulders above the rest of the league offensively.
I wish some of these posters would just let it go trying to argue Jack is on his level. McDavid is on his own level. Just enjoy Jack for the player he seems to be growing into this year. Which is a pretty damn good player.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
I wish some of these posters would just let it go trying to argue Jack is on his level. McDavid is on his own level. Just enjoy Jack for the player he seems to be growing into this year. Which is a pretty damn good player.

I suppose it’s the draft hype and team bias.

But man, watch 3-5 oilers games and focus on McDavid. He plays with a hustle like young Pominville, overall speed like Jack and is more tenacious than O’Reilly.

Jack gets close to that level when he gets really pissed off, starts really flying on every shift, but even then he doesn’t quite have the full speed stick handling ability that McDavid has. It’s kinda ridiculous how many chances he creates out of nothing.

Young Ovie and Crosby are the only players in my lifetime to be as relentless offensively, just always a threat.

Still great to get a Malkin esque level guy with a little bit more consistency.

Reactions: joshjull

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad