Confirmed with Link: Jack Eichel named captain

BuzzKillington90

Jul 12, 2011
Albion, Ny
Boys, boys.... I'm mocking the people I called out for being miserable that Phil hadn't named a captain literally yesterday, citing it as yet another on a long list of reasons why he objectively sucks.

I'm thrilled with the choice.

If thats the case I retract my questions :). I'm far to used to that kind of response on these boards and honestly I'm pretty tired of it. Hence the actual posting today.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
The original plan was to give an A to Moulson as a placeholder of sorts and pass it around to whoever was deserving (i.e. whoever bought the most rounds the night before the game). When that plan fell through they began looking for an alternate alternate. Housley proposed giving the A to Cody Hodgson noting that he's on the payroll until 2023. At that point, Botterill stepped in and said it had to go to a player on the roster.

Tsyolin

Amerks Enthusiast
May 26, 2018
DC
Boys, boys.... I'm mocking the people I called out for being miserable that Phil hadn't named a captain literally yesterday, citing it as yet another on a long list of reasons why he objectively sucks.

I'm thrilled with the choice.

Heh, you should know by now that sarcasm is usually lost on these boards unless you specify it.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Maybe I’m reading too much into it, but the 2 A’s seem like bones thrown to a couple of well respected vets, one of which likely won’t be on the team after next year. Then I see Risto getting the A.
I can't match the gold in some of the other posts in this thread, but broken bones in Bogo's case??

Buttons85

RJ & Rayzor Fan Club
Jan 31, 2013
Austin, TX
He's the pauper of the surf, the jester of Tortugaaaaa....

maxresdefault.jpg

Captain Jack!

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Well everyone got their wish. Jack has the title. Now let's see if he really can be a leader of men.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
You could use this as a straw man for any argument you want. It’s a pointless statement to make.
give it to someone younger who actually has played more than 60 games in 2 season combined.
Same for Kyle O.
Rather have actually younger players in the line up than both of them.

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
I'm sure Bogo is well-respected in the locker room, but it's absolutely ridiculous that a player who is renowned for getting injured and an missing exorbitant amount of games is given the letter.

I was about to say the same thing.

I mean he's not even healthy enough to play in the opener.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad