Value of: Jaccob Slavin

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
Dang didn't know about the NTC. The reason is we are going to be going through yet another rebuild and I want to try something different. Have great leaders in the room and on the ice through the rebuild / retool. If we have the wrong charter in the dressing room and around the rink it takes forever to get rid of the stink. Need the professionalism and ethics of a guy like Salvin. Nothing but respect for him.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
If forced to trade one, most Canes fans would prefer to trade Aho in view of the contract situation, the consistency and the ability to eat minutes.
I'd say you don't build teams around Slavin type players, you do around Aho type players. This is coming from a guy that has watched his team build around defense since it's inception.

Reactions: Boom Boom Apathy

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Slavin is one of the few players I'd be okay moving Byram for, and that's simply because I'd love to see Slavin-Makar as a pairing. I think Slavin's efficiency and defensive capabilities would free up Makar to do magical things.

And Canes probably don't even do that trade. We aren't trading him for a younger good defenseman with big upside. I mean we aren't trading him at all, but if we were to, it would be for a King's ransom.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos
Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
And Canes probably don't even do that trade. We aren't trading him for a younger good defenseman with big upside. I mean we aren't trading him at all, but if we were to, it would be for a King's ransom.

I wouldn't blame the Canes, he's fantastic. It's one of those "scout your own backyard" lessons for the Avs, could've had two great shutdown defenders in Carlo and Slavin if they just scouted outside of "works hard with limited upside" that they were obsessed with.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I wouldn't blame the Canes, he's fantastic. It's one of those "scout your own backyard" lessons for the Avs, could've had two great shutdown defenders in Carlo and Slavin if they just scouted outside of "works hard with limited upside" that they were obsessed with.
Can't blame them. Every team passed him over multiple times. And even then, Slavin flew under the radar basically until he turned pro especially since in his last season at Colorado College that team was epically bad. I don't think a single Carolina fan can say they expected him to be this good at any time during his college career. He went from prospect playing in the AHL to NHL top 4 d-man in about a month.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON

LOL. Slavin and Carlo in the same D-core would be a nightmare to play against. If the Avs ended up with one or both of them on top of Makar, Toews, Byram, Girard would just be disgusting. I'd just forfeit any games against them.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I realize he’s from Colorado, but the year of his draft, when most of the scouting is done on a lot of players, he was in Chicago.

Bert Marshall, a canes scout back then was really high on him. Said every time he watched him, he always made the right play even if the numbers didn’t show it. Was lobbying hard for Carolina to take him sooner so they kind of lucked out.

He was taken with NJs 4th round pick that Carolina obtained in the Ponikarovsky trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad