Jabari Parker vs Harrison Barnes

Who's better?

• Total voters

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
Jabari can't play defense, or might I say refuses to play defense. Deal breaker.
He is a ball hog so he can put up points in the right situation and that's it.

Barnes is a complete player who can score if given the role, but is extremely complimentary when not scoring.

It was just a bit of a joke in the other thread, no reason to make it a bigger deal than it should be lol

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Jabari can't play defense, or might I say refuses to play defense. Deal breaker.

Barnes is a complete player who can score if given the role, but is extremely complimentary when not scoring.

It was just a bit of a joke in the other thread, no reason to make it a bigger deal than it should be lol

Parker is averaging 2.1 assists per game for his career

Barnes is averaging just 1.5

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
Parker is averaging 2.1 assists per game for his career

Barnes is averaging just 1.5
That is a pretty negligible difference if that's your argument for him being better. Complimentary does not equal playmaking, and that really doesn't say much for his playmaking anyway.
Because he demands the ball a few more assists will naturally come off having more touches. Barnes does not demand the ball, he does his job.
His defense is atrocious and advanced stats will tell you he is arguably a detriment over a plus on his teams.

Raw offense is all he's got over Barnes right now. I watch watch way too much basketball tbh, and guys like him and Jordan Clarkson are flashy...but they do not play in the modern approach to the game. Washington might be the right landing spot for him though. He might finally become quite the effective player if he can actually get fully healthy with ample playing time off the bench, and not have to worry about a starting/lockdown role.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Who's better?

And no, this isn't a trick question

Well, that's all I wanted to know... :thumbu:

Barnes is better for the reasons others have already mentioned. If you're not going to play defense in the NBA you'd better score like Harden. Parker has talent and he's had bad luck with injuries, but there's a reason that Barnes was just traded to a young, talented team with playoff hopes while Parker was just traded to a disaster area with salary cap problems (and the Wizards are my 2nd favorite team).

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008

Barnes is definitely a great fit in Sac. Doesn't have to be the man with this roster configuration. He just needs to get 10-12 a game and play smart.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad