Signing(s): Jabari Parker signs with the Bulls (2 years, $40 million)

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
As long as one of Parker or Lavine is injured at all times...so that the bulls never have to try to defend with both of them on the court together...this just might be crazy enough to work.

Last edited:

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Paying nearly 40 million combined for a dumb as rocks LaVine and a Jabari with a broken shot/injury issues.

Are we sure this is the same team that won 6 titles in 8 years?

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
Paying nearly 40 million combined for a dumb as rocks LaVine and a Jabari with a broken shot/injury issues.

Are we sure this is the same team that won 6 titles in 8 years?

GarPax is out of his mind with these signings but somehow he has been able to hit the gold with 7 pick twice in row.

We need solid SF, but isn't there really anyone else available than Jabari? If he paid 20 millions for LaVine he shouldn't have any kind of problem to pay 30 millions for superstar SF.

Edit: ESPN says that he is PF. What the f*** GarPax is really doing? We have franchise potential PF already in our team and he is wasting 20 millions for bench man. Come on now..

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
GarPax is out of his mind with these signings but somehow he has been able to hit the gold with 7 pick twice in row.

We need solid SF, but isn't there really anyone else available than Jabari? If he paid 20 millions for LaVine he shouldn't have any kind of problem to pay 30 millions for superstar SF.

Edit: ESPN says that he is PF. What the **** GarPax is really doing? We have franchise potential PF already in our team and he is wasting 20 millions for bench man. Come on now..

?

Bulls did not select 7th in 2017 and the Wendell Carter hype in Chicago is getting absurd as your post is example off

The guy hasn't even played a single NBA game yet

Last edited:
Reactions: Voight

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Why not save that cap space to get assets out of a team or poach a big name free agent? Also how is Jabari worth $20 million? Mind-blowing

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Simple

Bulls are incompetent

The Lavine and Parker moves just further establish what has been well known fact for years in Chicago

This team is going to be a joke most nights defensively

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I don't mind this for the Bulls. The fit might be weird because Jabari needs to be playing PF and they already have Markkanen and WCJ in the front court but I think he's worth taking a chance on. They had the $20M in cap space to pay him and the second year is a team option so they can move on if it doesn't go well.

It probably wasn't going to work with the Bucks anymore and the injuries were just bad luck but it's still another blown pick. You have to hit on a couple of them when you have someone like Giannis but they haven't.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Kings driving up the price for the Bulls again is hilarious.

Kings still have to overpay someone to get to the cap floor. On to the next one.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Where Bulls front office gets idea to sign these torn ACL convalescents.
Seems GarPax has some weird torn ACL perversion or fetish when they do these signings.
Next GarPax should try sign or make a trade to acquire Kristaps Porzingis he's torn ACL convalescent as well.:D:D

Bulls is one f***ing mediocre joke.
Viva La Raza.

Last edited:

darko

Feb 16, 2009
So apparently Wendell Carter is already a gun even though he hasn't played a game yet.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
And this is why people don't take you seriously.

We have two number 7 picks here, both with all-star potential & it doesn't happen too often. Watch even one game from Carter & you understand what i'm talking about. Wendell is basically machine on defense. 9 blocks in first two games.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I don't mind this for the Bulls. The fit might be weird because Jabari needs to be playing PF and they already have Markkanen and WCJ in the front court but I think he's worth taking a chance on. They had the $20M in cap space to pay him and the second year is a team option so they can move on if it doesn't go well.

It probably wasn't going to work with the Bucks anymore and the injuries were just bad luck but it's still another blown pick. You have to hit on a couple of them when you have someone like Giannis but they haven't.

That's the key to this for me. It's not like the 4 years Lavine got.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
?

Bulls did not select 7th in 2017 and the Wendell Carter hype in Chicago is getting absurd as your post is example off

The guy hasn't even played a single NBA game yet

You can be excited about a prospect before he has played a game. I wasn't too familiar with WCJ but prior to the draft a lot of smart analysts, whose opinions I trust, kept talking about how good he is. It's only summer league but you can see why he was getting compared to a guy like Al Horford. He looks like he could be the perfect center next to Markkanen.

Reactions: cgf

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
We have two number 7 picks here, both with all-star potential & it doesn't happen too often. Watch even one game from Carter & you understand what i'm talking about. Wendell is basically machine on defense. 9 blocks in first two games.
Holy shit I didn’t realize the season had already started.

Reactions: Morozov

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
You can be excited about a prospect before he has played a game. I wasn't too familiar with WCJ but prior to the draft a lot of smart analysts, whose opinions I trust, kept talking about how good he is. It's only summer league but you can see why he was getting compared to a guy like Al Horford. He looks like he could be the perfect center next to Markkanen.
There’s being excited and there’s calling it a hit before the first game of the season.

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
There’s being excited and there’s calling it a hit before the first game of the season.

Well he was seen as a really high floor kid with some questions about his athleticism...yet he showed up to SL looking quicker & stronger than ever before.

It's no guarantee, but there's a lot of reason for Bulls fans to be excited about the future that a WCJ-Markkanen frontcourt could have, and that improved athleticism he showed in SL only added to that.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Well he was seen as a really high floor kid with some questions about his athleticism...yet he showed up to SL looking quicker & stronger than ever before.

It's no guarantee, but there's a lot of reason for Bulls fans to be excited about the future that a WCJ-Markkanen frontcourt could have, and that improved athleticism he showed in SL only added to that.
Oh I agree. Like i said, there’s plenty of reason to be excited. But Asian Tuna said that they hit back to back. Too soon to say

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
His own team didn't want to give him anything more than the QO.... then you give him $40 million :laugh:

He showed some good potential in 2017 but he also has two ACL tears in 4 seasons, that spells problems.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
I'm in the minority, I don't mind this for the Bulls, especially considering that the second year is a team option. Parker showed some upside in 2017, obviously doesn't look like a great 2nd overall pick, but Wiggins isn't exactly looking that great either.

Work the risk, I like Parker's potential.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad