J18 Elite East

nynasstollen

Feb 23, 2018
Any rumours about players changing teams before J18Allsvenskan starts?

Very interesting question, lets keep our ears open :)

There must be attractive offers for some of the players to consider out there. Especially ambitious players playing for teams that not have qualified for J18 Allsvenskan in2018/19 and dont have J20 Superelite/Elite teams in 2019/20 must be interested to change club.

I would look for this players:

Falk , SDE
Jakobsson, SDE
Korduner, SDE
Hallvik, SDE
Naus, Arlanda
Hagerstrom, Arlanda
Any of the talented 03-Taby guys, if someone will take on a short term challenge before moving to HG
Melker, Flemingsberg
Puskas, Flemingsberg
Taylan, Flemingsberg - depending on future HG commitment
HIK players as Appelberg, Kiviharju and Molin Bjork (if they are satisfied with their HG they would most likely think twice though)
Falth, Lidingo
Kallgren, Lidingo
Humble, Lidingo
Haas, Lidingo

Last edited:

nynasstollen

Feb 23, 2018
Do you have any specific names to look out for in that league?

There are 15-20 players in Region East J18 Div 1 that would be able to play top 9 (C/W) or top 6 (D) in J18 Elite East. Perhaps not in the top teams, but definitely in teams in the bottom half in J18 Elite East. Div 1 Teams like Sollentuna (5-6 players), G/T (5-6 players), Ska/Ekero (3-4 players), Osteråker (2-3 players), Enkoping (2-3 players), Haninge (2-3 players) and another 3 -4 teams with (1-2 players) have done a good job convincing them to stay and play Div 1. But its also a question of ambition with the players, some of them just want to have a good time, play with their buddies and enjoys a slower tempo/lack of competition...

Last edited:

winterclassic

Nov 7, 2018
I can understand and see some changes. Players who have hade some nice games and production. They are probably interested in going to a team who plays in Allsvenskan. But I also see players with out any playtime in there teams, so they could be interested in moving to a team for more playtime..

In which teams do we see players who have a interest in moving up -Players ?
AND in which teams do we see players that could move because of no or little playtime? -Players?:confused:

nynasstollen

Feb 23, 2018
I know Djurgården can be scary good with everyone from the U20 team involved. Can AIK or Södertälje challenge the top teams from the South after Christmas?

Yes, that is an interesting topic.

As you say DIF should be able to give the very best Southern teams a fight, but not without start using their in-age j20 players...

Both SSK and Almtuna can, if their goalkeeping stabilises at a solid level, play good and competitive hockey. I havent seen any games in the south region, but I would be surprised if the Southerners are able outplay SSK and Almtuna with ease...

AIK has not impressed so far, but you never know - might be that they need to be challenged to get going. G Vikman and C Karlstrom would be very important for any success.

Nacka. Well, Ive underestimated them all season, so I guess my opinion has no value in this case. I would be thrilled if they can achive only half of what they did last year ( total success and mindblowing defense/goalkeeping). I expect them to go in as underdog in every game, which seem to suit them fine.

Harakiri23

Sep 2, 2018
I must say that DIF isn’t “that good” without their U20 guys. They look rather small and don’t really have that Djurgården mentality that we could see last year. But, if they have their u20 players, they will most likely win 90% of the games in Allsvenskan.

mctrademaster

May 16, 2018
Do you have any specific names to look out for in that league?
Adam Wedberg, playing in Sollentuna j18 div1 as a C. Also playing in their j20 as a D. Have a nice sens and playmaking skills. Should be used as a C. I would say that Wedberg could be one top C in fortsattningsserien.... Wedberg is underestimated but got limited skating abilitys and can’t play in teams like Djurgården and SSK, becouse of the speed in their game.

Last edited:

perolofbrasar

Jan 28, 2016
Allsvenskan teams as expected at the half-way turn. No surprises, a little boring. Now we'll have to watch how the teams do after the break. Maybe Nacka can surprise again? I would not be surprised.

Adam Wedberg, playing in Sollentuna j18 div1 as a C. Also playing in their j20 as a D. Have a nice sens and playmaking skills. Should be used as a C. I would say that Wedberg could be one top C in fortsattningsserien.... Wedberg is underestimated but got limited skating abilitys and can’t play in teams like Djurgården and SSK, becouse of the speed in their game.

Don't know the player, but I take top-notch brain-speed and average foot-speed over vice versa any day in the week from this age group and beyond.

Hockeyspelare221

Nov 12, 2018
Wedberg is indeed a very skilled player and I´m very impressed with Sollentuna´s work on keeping him in the club and letting him improve his game.

Other players I´ve seen playing in J18 div.1 A that are on good way in their development. Here are my top 5 skater:
  1. F Leo Krantz (04), Enköping (9Gp, 14G, 11A) A young player eligible for playing in U15 this year but instead making a good mark in the J18 Div. 1. Leo is a player who has good speed and can handle the puck nicely, I´m sure he will make Tv-pucken for Uppland and go to a HG later on.
  2. F August Sandell (02), Enköping (9Gp,17G,7A) A player who chose to stay in Enkoping instead of going to HG.
  3. D Albin Jansson (03), SK Iron (9Gp, 0G,0A) A young D playing a big game in this league, possibly making a HG next year.
  4. Arvid Asplund (01), Enköping (8Gp, 7G,9A9) A two-way forward who has had a hard time finding a good place to develop. In ESK he has now recorded great stats and I´m sure he would fit in a top 3 line in any of the teams in J18 Elit fortsättning.
  5. Philip Löfström (03), Tierp HK (9GP, 6G, 13A) A quick player but rather small who can handle the puck and is great in powerplay with his brother Casper.
I haven´t looked so much at the goalies and wonder if someone has anybody who sticks out in J18 Div. 1

Harakiri23

Sep 2, 2018
Trying to make things come to life in this thread again.
My guesses for the less “sexy” Fortsattningsserien in terms of table placement are:
Huddinge and lidingo will fight for the 1st place, and my feeling is that Huddinge will come first. They have more in them than what they’ve shown us.
Closely after we will likely see SDE and Wings.
At the bottom, there will be a fight to avoid relegation between Vallentuna, Taby and likely also Flemingsberg. Vallentuna will surely not play in Elit next year.

nynasstollen

Feb 23, 2018
Trying to make things come to life in this thread again.
My guesses for the less “sexy” Fortsattningsserien in terms of table placement are:
Huddinge and lidingo will fight for the 1st place, and my feeling is that Huddinge will come first. They have more in them than what they’ve shown us.
Closely after we will likely see SDE and Wings.
At the bottom, there will be a fight to avoid relegation between Vallentuna, Taby and likely also Flemingsberg. Vallentuna will surely not play in Elit next year.

Fortsättningsserien is very open and the fight for the playoff spot should be very thight. Indivudual games could go either way between SDE, Huddinge, Arlanda and Lidingo. I agree with you on Flempan, Taby and Vallentuna as relegation candidates, Vallentuna could start scouting the div 1 teams already now...

nynasstollen

Feb 23, 2018
I must say that DIF isn’t “that good” without their U20 guys. They look rather small and don’t really have that Djurgården mentality that we could see last year. But, if they have their u20 players, they will most likely win 90% of the games in Allsvenskan.

Im very pleased with the start for our eastern teams in J18 Allsvenskan. SSK did well on the road trip to South west. Almtuna and AIK really showed that they will not be any pushovers, finishing their ”home”-weekends with 4 points each.

Good Job, guys!

Last edited:
Reactions: Harakiri23

nynasstollen

Feb 23, 2018
Very interesting question, lets keep our ears open :)

There must be attractive offers for some of the players to consider out there. Especially ambitious players playing for teams that not have qualified for J18 Allsvenskan in2018/19 and dont have J20 Superelite/Elite teams in 2019/20 must be interested to change club.

I would look for this players:

Falk , SDE
Jakobsson, SDE
Korduner, SDE
Hallvik, SDE
Naus, Arlanda
Hagerstrom, Arlanda
Any of the talented 03-Taby guys, if someone will take on a short term challenge before moving to HG
Melker, Flemingsberg
Puskas, Flemingsberg
Taylan, Flemingsberg - depending on future HG commitment
HIK players as Appelberg, Kiviharju and Molin Bjork (if they are satisfied with their HG they would most likely think twice though)
Falth, Lidingo
Kallgren, Lidingo
Humble, Lidingo
Haas, Lidingo

Well, none of the above seems to move to j18 Allsvenskan. Instead Nacka strenghten their roster with the former Nacka skater W/C Lindecrantz (-02) and C Overmark (-02) from G/T j20. Excellent work by Nacka.

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
Well, none of the above seems to move to j18 Allsvenskan. Instead Nacka strenghten their roster with the former Nacka skater W/C Lindecrantz (-02) and C Overmark (-02) from G/T j20. Excellent work by Nacka.

Lindecrantz back from HV71 already?

nynasstollen

Feb 23, 2018
Havent seen the line-ups but expect tights games in the Fortsättningsserien tonight:

My bets:

Lidingo - Arlanda 2-3
Huddinge - Taby 3-2 (OT)
Vallentuna - Flemingsberg 2-5

Edit: I checked the line-ups and I change my opinion,

Lidingo - Arlanda 2-3
Huddinge - Taby 2-4
Vallentuna - Flemingsberg 1-7

I think Taby will win. They play their best 03-guys tonight and in addition to that they have convinced 02:s C Toll and D Arrestam to join from Sollentuna.

Flemingsberg looks to go at full strenght and Vallentuna miss their no1 D Eriksson which will make that game even more one sided.

Last edited:

Harakiri23

Sep 2, 2018
Havent seen the line-ups but expect tights games in the Fortsättningsserien tonight:

My bets:

Lidingo - Arlanda 2-3
Huddinge - Taby 3-2 (OT)
Vallentuna - Flemingsberg 2-5

Edit: I checked the line-ups and I change my opinion,

Lidingo - Arlanda 2-3
Huddinge - Taby 2-4
Vallentuna - Flemingsberg 1-7

I think Taby will win. They play their best 03-guys tonight and in addition to that they have convinced 02:s C Toll and D Arrestam to join from Sollentuna.

Flemingsberg looks to go at full strenght and Vallentuna miss their no1 D Eriksson which will make that game even more one sided.
Saw the Huddinge-taby game. Jesus was it nerve wracking towards the end! Taby really pushed for it and missed an open net with 2 seconds left. Huddinge looked like the stronger team but I don’t think you can count out Taby in this Serie.

nynasstollen

Feb 23, 2018
Saw the Huddinge-taby game. Jesus was it nerve wracking towards the end! Taby really pushed for it and missed an open net with 2 seconds left. Huddinge looked like the stronger team but I don’t think you can count out Taby in this Serie.

I agree, tight in the end in Huddinge and Taby would be a tough nut to crack for most teams in the fortsättningsseries. Apparently, Ive lost my touch for guessing outcomes of the J18 games - perhaps I should stick with the favourites Huddinge and Lidingo going forward.

nynasstollen

Feb 23, 2018
We're approaching the weekend and some nice games in J18 Allsvenskan for our Eastern teams. DIF and Nacka travel way way south for two games each and hopefully DIF will head back with at least 4 new points (I expect 6 points!). Nacka might have to settle for 2-3 new points though - but I hope they could continue to deliver more than the general expectations. Almtuna and AIK will both play SSK away in tough derby battles which I don´t even try to forecast. Before/After the SSK game Almtuna/AIK will travel to a regional city for another tough game (were they could meet up to eight former eastern skaters). Good luck!

Last edited:

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
Lots of good players but Lysell and Ludwig Persson from Frölunda might be the two special ones from this age group.

No players like the 2002 group with Raymond, Wallstedt, Holtz etc. Feels more like the 2001 group.

Harakiri23

Sep 2, 2018
I agree, tight in the end in Huddinge and Taby would be a tough nut to crack for most teams in the fortsättningsseries. Apparently, Ive lost my touch for guessing outcomes of the J18 games - perhaps I should stick with the favourites Huddinge and Lidingo going forward.
I think this Serie is wide open. The games are mostly very tight and could go either way. I expect some wins from the bottom teams against the favorites

Bjorkangsballen

Aug 9, 2018
I think this Serie is wide open. The games are mostly very tight and could go either way. I expect some wins from the bottom teams against the favorites
I agree very much. very tight games, but not any real upsets so far. I think this will be open both in the top and bottom to the last matches. Maybe Lidingo's ability to score goals could separate them from the rest. And Vallentuna needs to get some points from tight games in the near future.

Harakiri23

Sep 2, 2018
I agree very much. very tight games, but not any real upsets so far. I think this will be open both in the top and bottom to the last matches. Maybe Lidingo's ability to score goals could separate them from the rest. And Vallentuna needs to get some points from tight games in the near future.
Lidingo certainly has some real threats offensively. Their top line is (Kallgren-Falth) top-class. Strong goalkeeping too. Haas has impressed me a lot.

Harakiri23

Sep 2, 2018
My predictions for tomorrow’s games:
Wings-Huddinge: 2-3.
Could go either way really. Wings leads 4-2 in points against Huddinge, but my gut tells me the guests will win. Reports of #17 Kiviharju out with a concussion is a minus for hik.
Sde-VBK: 5-1.
Don’t really think Vallentuna has any chance here. They are just to bad to square up with the rest of the teams.
Taby-FIK: 4-1
Coming of a strong win against Lidingo, Taby feels like they’re really up to something. Fik has troubles with their scoring.

Bjorkangsballen

Aug 9, 2018
My predictions for tomorrow’s games:
Wings-Huddinge: 2-3.
Could go either way really. Wings leads 4-2 in points against Huddinge, but my gut tells me the guests will win. Reports of #17 Kiviharju out with a concussion is a minus for hik.
Sde-VBK: 5-1.
Don’t really think Vallentuna has any chance here. They are just to bad to square up with the rest of the teams.
Taby-FIK: 4-1
Coming of a strong win against Lidingo, Taby feels like they’re really up to something. Fik has troubles with their scoring.
My guess

Täby-Flempan 6-2
Wings-Huddinge 2-5

SDE-Vallentuna has already started (3-0), so that seems a done deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad