J18 Elite East

Mar 15, 2018
A not so well played game btw Wings and Flemingsberg ended 2-0 in favor for Wings, much thanks to goalie Meier coming up strong in third stopping three or four good chanses for Flempan.

nynasstollen

Feb 23, 2018
Im very pleased with the fact that Svensnkhockey.tv streaming works its way into J18 Elite East. Today as we have 3 streamed games in the pipe. SDE (as always, thanks), SSK (again, thanks) and it also look like Huddinge deliver their first J18 stream for the season (very good!)
In all we have 5 games today and one game tomorrow, Fleminsberg @ Djurgarden, in the 7th round of the season. It looks to be some really close games also this gameday.

Nacka @ AIK (my bet 4-2 AIK)
Vallentuna @ SSK (7-1 SSK)
Almtuna @ SDE (3-2 Almtuna)
Lidingo @ Huddinge (3-2 Huddinge)
Arlanda @ Taby (3-2 Arlanda)
Flemingsberg @ Djurgarden (4-2 Djurgarden)

Bjorkangsballen

Aug 9, 2018
My guess today:

Täby-Wings 2-3 (OT)
SDE-Almtuna 1-6
Huddinge-Lidigö 3-5
DIF-Flemapn 6-2
SSK-Vallentuna 9-0
Aik-Nacka 4-7

Bjorkangsballen

Aug 9, 2018
Im very pleased with the fact that Svensnkhockey.tv streaming works its way into J18 Elite East. Today as we have 3 streamed games in the pipe. SDE (as always, thanks), SSK (again, thanks) and it also look like Huddinge deliver their first J18 stream for the season (very good!)
In all we have 5 games today and one game tomorrow, Fleminsberg @ Djurgarden, in the 7th round of the season. It looks to be some really close games also this gameday.

Nacka @ AIK (my bet 4-2 AIK)
Vallentuna @ SSK (7-1 SSK)
Almtuna @ SDE (3-2 Almtuna)
Lidingo @ Huddinge (3-2 Huddinge)
Arlanda @ Taby (3-2 Arlanda)
Flemingsberg @ Djurgarden (4-2 Djurgarden)

Ok same number of right guesses this time;-). Ok I had one OT, you win;-). Did we learn anything this week? Lidingö continue to surprise?

Bjorkangsballen

Aug 9, 2018
New day, new matches.

Today I bet like this:

Flempan-Huddinge 3-2 (penalties)
Lidingö-Aik 6-3
Nacka-SSK 2-4
Almtuna-Täby 12-3
Vallentuna-SDE 2-7
Wings-DIF 1-5

perolofbrasar

Jan 28, 2016
Lidingö is a strong contender for a place in Allsvenskan..

We'll see as the division turns the halfway corner, but I'm not surprised regarding Lidingö.

On the other hand, maybe someone could reason around East's competitiveness generally? How would for example current team 7 and 8 in West (Västerås, Grums) stack up in this division? Mora would for sure be a lock for Allsvenskan? And in South, how would Rögle and Oskarshamn compare to East? Seems like every other geography has 6-7 real Allsvenskan contenders whereas East has a couple of locks and then it falls off?

I also note that the latest Team 17 has no single player from J18 East, and only one player playing for a Region East club period (Holtz).

nynasstollen

Feb 23, 2018
Round 9 in J18 Elite East gave us a number of surprising results. Taby got their first win, SSK won the early series final over Djurgarden, Huddinge beat AIK, Nacka took an important win over Almtuna, SDE crushed Flemingsberg and Vallentuna almost took a point against Arlanda.

Mr Brasar: I have no idea, but lets focus on the Stockholm, Uppland & Sodermanland youngsters that stayed (in the region) and not on the ones that left. My best guess is that all the regions have quite a heavy drop in strenght after the first 6-7 teams.

Last edited:

Harakiri23

Sep 2, 2018
Time to make this thread come to life again. It feels like the table is pretty much settled right now. I don’t believe either Huddinge or Lidingö will be able to make up the ground they’ve lost the last couple of games. The top five teams right now should be able to stay there.

perolofbrasar

Jan 28, 2016
Time to make this thread come to life again. It feels like the table is pretty much settled right now. I don’t believe either Huddinge or Lidingö will be able to make up the ground they’ve lost the last couple of games. The top five teams right now should be able to stay there.

You are most likely right. Teams grouped as expected at the half-way turn. Perhaps Flemingsberg have been a little disappointing and SDE have been able to steal a few points more than expected. But nothing that changes the picture really.

Having lost 2 points to SDE today, Huddinge seem to have a huge uphill battle to top-5. I would argue Lidingö is still in contention, but I assign no more than 20-25% probability that they will wrestle into an Allsvenskan spot. Both AIK and Almtuna can spice up their teams if necessary, and Nacka seem rock solid. SSK and DIF are already done and dusted in my book.

A little boring actually.

winterclassic

Nov 7, 2018
You are most likely right. Teams grouped as expected at the half-way turn. Perhaps Flemingsberg have been a little disappointing and SDE have been able to steal a few points more than expected. But nothing that changes the picture really.

Having lost 2 points to SDE today, Huddinge seem to have a huge uphill battle to top-5. I would argue Lidingö is still in contention, but I assign no more than 20-25% probability that they will wrestle into an Allsvenskan spot. Both AIK and Almtuna can spice up their teams if necessary, and Nacka seem rock solid. SSK and DIF are already done and dusted in my book.

A little boring actually.
There is many points to play for, and with injurys and a period of easy to get sick - anything could still happen. But I agree to that DIF, SSK and most likely AIK will be standing as top 3. The game between AIK and SSK last Sunday was a nice game to watch (thanks for live arena), and some nice goals to.:thumbu:

All the best to all, and looking forward to Allsvenskan..

Reactions: Harakiri23

Bjorkangsballen

Aug 9, 2018
Shaking some life here, today's tips:

Nacka-DIF 4-5 (penalties)
Täby-SSK 2-9
Wings-SDE 4-5
Almtuna-AIK 5-2
Vallentuna-Huddinge 2-7
Lidingö-Flempan 4-2

Hockeyspelare221

Nov 12, 2018
Hey! Does anyone Followers the J18 div.1 league? Wonder if you have any ”later bloomers” coming from the lower leagues?

winterclassic

Nov 7, 2018
A lot of hockey is still left in J18 Elite East and looking forward to see the teams that will be standing with there ticket to go in to Allsvenskan. Many god players in the East conference.
One thing is that I saw the article in Swedish hockey academy, and i wonder how many teams still practice the OLD watch and learn or win concept (3-5 min/game or 90/10% for a goalie), and how is it with education, playtime/ice hits in games? looking at Nacka, it seems to be a overall playtime, if not for bad behave..

Bjorkangsballen

Aug 9, 2018
New day, new matches. Some difficult ones. My tips:

AIK-Vallentuna 10-1
SDE-Täby 3-5
Dif-Lidingö 4-5 (penalties)
Flempan-Wings 2-6
SSK-Almtuna 2-5
Huddinge-Nacka 1-6

winterclassic

Nov 7, 2018
Thursdays gameday could play in some more teams for Allsvenskan. DIF is already there, but a win for SSK agains Nacka will give them a ticket even if Lidingö have a win against AIK. AIK is on the edge and needs to take 3p against Lidingö to hang them out of the line:huh: Could be a nice race to the bitter last game..:popcorn: In the south league I don't see that Rogle will take on the 10p behind HV71 or Vaxjo - So that league is final.:naughty:

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
I know Djurgården can be scary good with everyone from the U20 team involved. Can AIK or Södertälje challenge the top teams from the South after Christmas?

nynasstollen

Feb 23, 2018
The J18 Elit East division has only 3 gamedays left before the break up to Fortsättningsserien and J18 Allsvenskan. The J18 Allsvenskan teams from East are already fixed (Lidingo has a theoretical chance if they win all their games if AIK or Almtuna lose theirs, but thats not gonna happen). As expected DIF win the division quite easy, followed by SSK and Almtuna (just guessing of course, 3 games left :)). DIF still haven’t used the J20 01:s but manage to stroll through the division with only one loss. Both Almtuna and SSK are in line with expectations, both team excels with good offensive depth and adequate defense. AIK will qualify to the Allsvenskan but has not impressed me that much in the games I´ve seen. Not bad but not brilliant, I had higher expectations from the Ritorp Boys. Nacka has, just as in 2017-18, outperformed my expectations and will once again welcome major junior clubs from other regions (this season from southern region) to their freezing cold tin shed.

Standing outside of the Allsvenskan and looking in is another team that has surprised most of us in a positive way with a very effective game plan. The team benefits from the magic of Källgren/Fälth together with a strong defense. Both the Huddinge teams Huddinge IK and Flemingsberg fail to impress so far this season. Don’t know how Huddinge IK transformed the, what I in 2017-18 would have described as, one of the most talented 01 D-corpse in the J18 Elite East (Hagg, Jansson, Eckhoff and Alm) to what I seen in the latest games (when non of them plays at D). Flemingsberg have done well for being a newly promoted team, but I thought they would do even better considering the players they have.

SDE and Arlanda are in line with expectations. SDE fights hard but don’t have the offensive depth to shake the big teams. Often roster a strong first line though, and especially C/W Falk (-01) should be very happy with the season so far. Arlanda started the season terrible but have picked up speed during the season. They look better when you watch them live than if you look at the actual results.

Taby and Vallentuna are more or less in line with expectation as well. Both these teams will need to work hard and have some puck luck to fight of the best div 1 teams in order to avoid relegation.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad