J18 Elite East

perolofbrasar

Jan 28, 2016
Thanks! Hopefully we could get more people involved in this thread. Spread the word...

Hats off. Truly some awesome effort put into this!

I will have limited time to follow junior hockey this year, but here's my take:

Agree w most, but think one should put more emphasis on quality of top-10 skaters and top goalie. This is still youth hockey and top-5/10 win games and bottom-10 lose games.

I would group as follows:

DIF, Almtuna, AIK, SSK: Any of these teams failing to qualify for Allsvenskan would be a complete and utter catastrophe. Even if DIF play the stars in J20/SHL.

Huddinge: Top contender for the last Allsvenskan spot

Lidingö, Flemingsberg, Nacka: Middle-of-the-road teams, but could challenge Huddinge. I think you underestimate Lidingö, both from at top-5 and depth perspective.

Täby, Wings, SDE: Fighting for survival. Täby will likely make it in the crucial games in the spring (if no clash w U16 SM), but will look terrible in the fall with the 03's occupied with TV-pucken etc. SDE doesn't have the top 5/10. Neither do Wings. Both Wings and SDE very vulnerable to player transfers to Allsvenskan teams. Looking at preseason games reported here it seems that both div-1 teams Göta Traneberg and maybe Sollentuna could be on par with this group.

Vallentuna: No hope whatsoever. Same level as a middle-of-the-road team in Div1 Allettan. Ie, would likely not qualify for Elit if they were a Div 1-team.

And thanks for a great thread!!

nynasstollen

Feb 23, 2018
Interesting points you have Mr Brasar. Especially the fact we have a second transfer period after Christmas, where the teams fighting to avoid relegation could lose important players to J18 Allsvenskan teams. That will be an interesting topic to follow up in January.
Also noted that you find Lidingo stronger than I do, I actually like their defense (including goalies) a lot but I don´t see enough depth offensively. Might be that you know them better than I do?

nynasstollen

Feb 23, 2018
J18 Elite East premiere

Last night a young Djurgården team beat a hard working SDE at Hovet.
The rest of the week 1 games are played tomorrow.

Schedule September 20 (and my bet)

Arlanda @ AIK (bet 4-2 AIK)
SSK @ Huddinge (3-4 OT & Pen SSK)
Taby @ Flemingsberg (3-2 FIK)
Almtuna @ Lidingo (4-2 AIS)
Vallentuna @ Nacka (6-1 Nacka)

Unfortunately only Nacka use the LiveArena system (svenskhockeytv). Cant understand why?

Bjorkangsballen

Aug 9, 2018
Interesting points you have Mr Brasar. Especially the fact we have a second transfer period after Christmas, where the teams fighting to avoid relegation could lose important players to J18 Allsvenskan teams. That will be an interesting topic to follow up in January.
Also noted that you find Lidingo stronger than I do, I actually like their defense (including goalies) a lot but I don´t see enough depth offensively. Might be that you know them better than I do?

No real close knowledge about Lidingo, but I note they have basically the same players that killed Allettan last year (ahead of Flemingsberg). They have added the "old DIF-01's" from relegated Haninge and a good 02-fwd from Nacka. They have produced good results during pre-season. And competition in the bottom half in J18Elit is weaker than last year. My view is a sum of all those parts.

perolofbrasar

Jan 28, 2016
J18 Elite East premiere

Last night a young Djurgården team beat a hard working SDE at Hovet.
The rest of the week 1 games are played tomorrow.

Schedule September 20 (and my bet)

Arlanda @ AIK (bet 4-2 AIK)
SSK @ Huddinge (3-4 OT & Pen SSK)
Taby @ Flemingsberg (3-2 FIK)
Almtuna @ Lidingo (4-2 AIS)
Vallentuna @ Nacka (6-1 Nacka)

Unfortunately only Nacka use the LiveArena system (svenskhockeytv). Cant understand why?

Your bets were very good. Hope you won money ;-). SSK-AIK today, 4-3 SSK?

perolofbrasar

Jan 28, 2016
No real close knowledge about Lidingo, but I note they have basically the same players that killed Allettan last year (ahead of Flemingsberg). They have added the "old DIF-01's" from relegated Haninge and a good 02-fwd from Nacka. They have produced good results during pre-season. And competition in the bottom half in J18Elit is weaker than last year. My view is a sum of all those parts.

This is my post. B is a friend of mine w two hockey-playing sons whom I "spread the word" to. He created the account on one of my Ipads and apparently stayed logged in...

nynasstollen

Feb 23, 2018
Yesterday AIK beat SSK 1-0 (OT) in a tight game.

Schedule September 23 (and my bet)

Vallentuna @ Lidingo (4-1 Lidingo)
Flemingsberg @ Almtuna (4-2 Almtuna)
Huddinge @ SDE (3-2 Huddinge)
Djurgarden @ Taby (5-2 Djurgarden)
Nacka @ Arlanda (4-3 OT Nacka)

I still dont have any information of why the majority of the J18 Elite East clubs dont use the LiveArena system (svenskhockeytv) this season. This weekend only SDE and SSK stream their homegames (thanks!). In 2017-18 also Vallentuna, Arlanda, Huddinge & AIK contributed to high quality entertainment from J18 Elite East via Svenskhockeytv, but not this season. How come?

perolofbrasar

Jan 28, 2016
Yesterday AIK beat SSK 1-0 (OT) in a tight game.

Schedule September 23 (and my bet)

Vallentuna @ Lidingo (4-1 Lidingo)
Flemingsberg @ Almtuna (4-2 Almtuna)
Huddinge @ SDE (3-2 Huddinge)
Djurgarden @ Taby (5-2 Djurgarden)
Nacka @ Arlanda (4-3 OT Nacka)

I still dont have any information of why the majority of the J18 Elite East clubs dont use the LiveArena system (svenskhockeytv) this season. This weekend only SDE and SSK stream their homegames (thanks!). In 2017-18 also Vallentuna, Arlanda, Huddinge & AIK contributed to high quality entertainment from J18 Elite East via Svenskhockeytv, but not this season. How come?

Holy cow, you really have a crystal ball..:thumbu:

nynasstollen

Feb 23, 2018
What have we learned, Week 1

Arlanda will do rather good in 2018-19 after all. I estimate their risk of relegation to very, very slim. Actually, they outplayed Nacka in the last half of the game.

The SDE – HIK game was a lot closer than the 6-1 results indicate.

Taby showed, again, that they won’t go down easy. Had 2-3 with less than 15 min left against DIF.

Vallentuna’s offense might be weaker than expected. Only 12 shots in total against Lidingo, in a game where they had 12 min of PP, is worrying.

That Flemingsberg missed Petersson (01) for the second straight game, when he returns to the lineup FIK scoring strength will grow further

Dynamic Molin Bjork must be one of the top 02:s entering the J18 Elite East. A Hattrick against SDE give him the un-official “J18 Elite East Player of the week 1” award.
Runner up was J.Andersson, AIK with 1+3 against Arlanda Thursday

What we already know
Vikman is one of the best j-goalies in the country, a clean sheet in Scaniarinken is impressive!

Feuk is very important to SSK - when he plays, SSK is not a pleasant team to face. He missed the AIK game (clash with J20) might have been another outcome with him on the ice. (Then again AIKs Karlstrom and Sjolund didn’t play either)

Last edited:
Reactions: Harakiri23

Harakiri23

Sep 2, 2018
Great job once again, nynasstollen!
Huddinge showed some serious effectiveness against SDE. Goalie Gramme was outstanding

Bjorkangsballen

Aug 9, 2018
I saw the SDE-Huddinge match. I don’t think it was close. Huddinge played a so-so match but SDE did not create good chances. Many shots from far away and from bad places on the ice. Their PP was very easy to defend against, the puck did not move a lot. I think SDE will have a very difficult time scoring goals that they need to win matches.

Harakiri23

Sep 2, 2018
Saw the game too. SDE’s pp was as You say not very good. Looked a bit like Everybody just wanted to Score themselves.

nynasstollen

Feb 23, 2018
Yesterday DIF grabbed a narrow win over Almtuna (3-1, but 20-33 in shots). The wall from S-baden together with efficient goal scoring saved DIF this time.

I probably should stay away from guessing the results this week, my so far above expectation record could only go down from here. Dont have time to wait for the line ups either....but, here we go...

Schedule September 27 (and my bet)

Arlanda @ SSK (4-2 SSK)
SDE @ AIK (4-2 AlK)
Taby @ Huddinge (3-2 Huddinge)
Vallentuna @ Flemingsberg (5-1 FIK)
Nacka @ Lidingo (3-2 OT Nacka)

Tonight SSK offer J18 stream via Svenskhockey.tv. Thanks SSK!

Bjorkangsballen

Aug 9, 2018
Shaking life in this thread. My bets for today:

Huddinge-Vallentuna 7-1
SDE-Wings 2-5
SSK-Täby 6-2
DIF-Nacka 3-4 (penalties)
AIK-Almtuna 2-5
FLIK-Lidingö 5-4 (OT)

Then I wait for Nynasstollen to sum up what we have learned this time!

Harakiri23

Sep 2, 2018
Thanks Björkängsballen. Dont want this thread to die. Also waiting for nynasstollens well written analytics.

Bjorkangsballen

Aug 9, 2018

Huddinge-Vallentuna 7-1
SDE-Wings 2-5
SSK-Täby 6-2
AIK-Almtuna 2-5
FLIK-Lidingö 5-4 (OT)

Hmmm. both "wine and water" in my bets. Saw the end of DIF-Nacka on svenskhokey.tv and was quite impressed by Nacka. very close in the end.

Harakiri23

Sep 2, 2018
I saw the Huddinge-VBK match. Obviously very one sided but I couldn’t help but notice that Huddinge really doesn’t play like a team. Some players looked like they only wanted to score for themselves, but I guess that’s normal when you meet weaker teams.

nynasstollen

Feb 23, 2018

Huddinge-Vallentuna 7-1
SDE-Wings 2-5
SSK-Täby 6-2
AIK-Almtuna 2-5
FLIK-Lidingö 5-4 (OT)

Nice try Bjorkangsballen, the bottom two games above were difficult to predict. I would have gone Flemingsberg and missed that one just as you. Almtuna really put their top guys on the ice against AIK, but despite dominting the second half of the game the Ritrop syndrom took its toll and gave AIK a close win. After I saw the line ups I would have gone Almtuna as well.

nynasstollen

Feb 23, 2018
What have we learned, week 2 & 3

Lidingo enjoys a fine start of the season. In my view they must be considered as the no 1 positive surprise of J18 Elite East so far (Ok, Mr Brasar you were right when you ranked them higher than me). In the last week they are 2W, 12-2 but 46-71 in shots. This give the keepers G Burmakin/G Haas (both -01) a combined excellent SV% just shy of 98% and they also share the un-official “J18 Elite East player(-s) of the week 2 & 3” award. Runner up is to be found in SSK where C/W Jämsen (-02) had a splendid last week resulting in 2+4 for the last two games combined.

In addition to the fine start of the season the Islanders will benefit from the return and come-back of the homegrown talent W/C Birgersson (-01), who we welcome back to his home club and Region East.

DIF/AIK prioritize development before dominance in J18 (as it should be) and roster very young teams in the first weeks. This results in very close games but, so far, the games seem to go the big club’s way.

Arlanda got their first win this week, they have suffered some tight losses earlier on, despite dominating some of the games, and it seems only fair that they finally got a win.

How do the first 3 weeks match the pre-season rankings?

As expected it looks to be very tight for the fifth j18 Allsvenskan spot. Despite their current league position Im still considering Almtuna strong enough to secure a top 4. Below them it will be a hard race between Nacka, Huddinge, Flemingsberg and Lidingo.

SDE and Arlanda perform in line with expectation. They always up for a good competitive game but often lack the skills or efficiency to win the games when facing top/mid teams. Most likely they will be stuck in the wasteland above the two struggling teams Vallentuna and Taby but below the quartet fighting for the 5th Allsvenskan spot.

Djurgarden and SSK look rather strong at the top, and even without any "J20" players I expect them to finish top 2. AIK looks a bit weaker and might need a few games from Karlstrom and Sjolund to stay clear of the chasing teams.

Last edited:

Harakiri23

Sep 2, 2018
Great to have you back, nynasstollen. Thought we had lost you.
As always, very well written and analyzed. I think either Nacka or Huddinge will take the last spot I Allsvenskan

perolofbrasar

Jan 28, 2016
What have we learned, week 2 & 3

Lidingo enjoys a fine start of the season. In my view they must be considered as the no 1 positive surprise of J18 Elite East so far (Ok, Mr Brasar you were right when you ranked them higher than me). In the last week they are 2W, 12-2 but 46-71 in shots. This give the keepers G Burmakin/G Haas (both -01) a combined excellent SV% just shy of 98% and they also share the un-official “J18 Elite East player(-s) of the week 2 & 3” award. Runner up is to be found in SSK where C/W Jämsen (-02) had a splendid last week resulting in 2+4 for the last two games combined.

In addition to the fine start of the season the Islanders will benefit from the return and come-back of the homegrown talent W/C Birgersson (-01), who we welcome back to his home club and Region East.

Interesting w Birgersson. Definitely takes Lidingo up to contender status for J18 Allsvenskan. Very timely also as they have difficult games coming up (DIF, Huddinge, AIK it looks like in the schedule). If they are able to steal some points there, they are in very good shape.

nynasstollen

Feb 23, 2018
Some very exciting games tonight, shouldn’t even try to bet on the results before I see the line up, but...
my preliminary bets as below…

Could go either way - very difficult

Huddinge @ Nacka (3-2 Huddinge)
SSK @ Almtuna (4-2 SSK)
Flemingsberg @ Arlanda (4-3 OT Arlanda)

Tight, but I have an idea…but still difficult
Djurgarden @ Lidingo (2-1 DIF)
SDE @ Taby (3-2 Taby) - Almost local derby. Taby always play good against SDE

Should be one sided…
AIK @ Vallentuna (5-1 AIK)

Last edited:

Bjorkangsballen

Aug 9, 2018
Some very exciting games tonight, shouldn’t even try to bet on the results before I see the line up, but...
my preliminary bets as below…

Could go either way - very difficult

Huddinge @ Nacka (3-2 Huddinge)
SSK @ Almtuna (4-2 SSK)
Flemingsberg @ Arlanda (4-3 OT Arlanda)

Tight, but I have an idea…but still difficult
Djurgarden @ Lidingo (2-1 DIF)
SDE @ Taby (3-2 Taby) - Almost local derby. Taby always play good against SDE

Should be one sided…
AIK @ Vallentuna (5-1 AIK)

I challenge..;-)

Nacka-Huddinge 5-2
Almtuna-SSK 4-3 (penaltys)
Wings-Flempan 3-6
Lidingö-DIF 2-4
Täby-SDE 1-3
Vallentuna-AIK 0-11

Reactions: nynasstollen

Harakiri23

Sep 2, 2018
Jesus what a tight game! Nacka-Huddinge could as you said Nynasstollen, go either way. Looked like Huddinge overwhelmed Nacka during the second period, but Nacka came back strong in the third and won. Incredibly close game

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->