J18 Elite East

Bjorkangsballen

Aug 9, 2018
Good thread, lets keep it alive! My first post in the forum...

Some more games results

Valbo-Nacka 4-7
Valbo-Taby 6-2
Upland (03)-Almtuna 3-8
Lidingo-Gotatranebreg 0-2
Stockholm Nord (03)-SDE 5-0

nynasstollen

Feb 23, 2018
J18 East 2018-19 Silly season (and intake)...last part -> Taby

Taby J18 finally revealed their roster, but I guess more skaters could arrive still...

As expected an important part of the additions are promoted from the club's excellent -03 squad. You could argue that playing 5 to 7 underage players is a weakness, but keep in mind that 11 of the players in Taby -03 are selected in Stockholm Norths´s strong TVP team in 2018 (a team that looks offensively stronger than the TVP winning 01-team). Players like D – Myrenberg (03), W Limpar Lantz (03), W Sjoberg (03) and W Widell (03) are physical enough to challenge any 01/02 and good enough to dominate a lot of shifts in J18 Elite East. Unfortunately Taby lost one of the most promising 03:s, C/W Jellvik (03) to DIF J18.

Taby also promote Taby-02 players goalies Sandberg and Thomason, D Alexandersson and forwards Karlsson, Edstrom-Anderberg, Carlnas, Chowdary.

Besides the internal Taby promotions, new players arrive from all over the northern hemisphere. From IFK Mariehamn join W Melander (01), he played for Roslagen last year though, and W Ekstrand (02). From AIK U16 joins the hard-working W Hellgren (02). W/C Matcheko (01) arrives from Austria. From Mariestad comes the journey man D Eriksson-Nilsson (01), from Latvia D Murnieks (01), from Gothenburg W Woltelin (01) and from Hudiksvall G Plars (01).

Silly season rank (so far): 6/10

Last edited:

nynasstollen

Feb 23, 2018
J18 Elite East - Transfer update (since Aug 1)

Major impact skaters:

W Andersson, Jesper (-01) Arlanda -> AIK
D Tonsjo, Isak (-01) Kungälv -> Almtuna
Comments: The above skaters will really change the dynamics with their arrival/departure. Speedy and fearless W Andersson (01) was one of the top players in Arlanda last season. Great signing by AIK and a heavy loss for Arlanda. As always when we have a big internal Region East transfer Im a bit disappointed. I do understand both parties, but part of me would like the J18 Elite East to be as tight as possible and Andersson´s value over replacement player" is substantially higher in Arlanda than in AIK. D Tonjso (01) will be a great addition to the Almtuna defence. Looks both strong and skilled. His arrival should, at least, let one of D Lindman-Gustavsson (01) and D M Karlsson (01) to fully focus at J20.

Other skaters

C/W Moberg, Oliver (-03) Gota Traneberg -> AIK
W Stjernkvist, Jack (-01) Karlskrona -> Almtuna
C Wassberg, William (-03) Arlanda 03:s -> Vallentuna
Comments: C/W Moberg (03) is the first of approximately 8-10 talented players to leave Gota Tranebergs strong 03 team. Hopefully AIK has secured his services also for 2019-22. It would be nice if the spectators of J18 Elite East games could enjoy his skills for more than this season. Almtuna found a nice addition in W Stjernkvist (01) that joins from Karlskona. He could challenge for a top 6 role in an already strong Almtuna offence. Vallentuna has convinced underaged C Wassberg (03) to head back home from Arlanda U15. He should be able challenge for one of the forward spots.

Last edited:

Bjorkangsballen

Aug 9, 2018
VallentunaJ18 came third in the Distriktslagsturnering (03) the past weekend. Two wins and three draws. Very variable quality of opponents.

Reactions: Harakiri23

nynasstollen

Feb 23, 2018
Other Results:

Older:

Borlange - Almtuna 1-6
Leksand – Almtuna 4-3 (OT)
Linkoping HC – DIF 5-1

Last week:

Flemingsberg – Nacka 1-0
FBK – AIK 3-2
SSK – Nacka 6-3
Almtuna – SDE 5-1
SSK – VIK 5-1
AIK – Brynas 5-1

Last edited:

nynasstollen

Feb 23, 2018
J18 Elite East - Transfer update

Major impact skaters:

C/W Soderlund (01) leaves Nacka for DIF. Tough blow for Nacka but I guess it´s not a total surprise after Soderlunds performance last season.

nynasstollen

Feb 23, 2018
Two highly interesting J18 pre-season tournaments coming up 7-9 sep.

In Nacka

Nacka
SDE
Huddinge
Falun
Borlange

My bet: Should be close games. Huddinge (35% chance of winning), Nacka (27%), SDE (20%), Any of Masarlagen (18%)

In Uppsala

Almtuna
Flemingsberg
Taby
Vannas
Boras

My bet: Almtuna (43% chance of winning), Flemingsberg (27%), Vannas (15%), Boras (10%), Taby (5%). If Almtuna roster strongest possible team they should win (but I dont think they will)

Last edited:

In Nacka

Nacka
SDE
Huddinge
Falun
Borlange

My bet: Should be close games. Huddinge (35% chance of winning), Nacka (27%), SDE (20%), Any of Masarlagen (18%)

In Uppsala

Almtuna
Flemingsberg
Taby
Vannas
Boras

My bet: Almtuna (43% chance of winning), Flemingsberg (27%), Vannas (15%), Boras (10%), Taby (5%). If Almtuna roster strongest possible team they should win (but I dont think they will)

I think you underestimate Täby, -I think they will reach Top 3 ;)

nynasstollen

Feb 23, 2018
Yes, I think you’re right. Actually I have no info or experience of the strenght of Boras or Vannas. So I guess my first opinion of their chanses might be a bit high, just to playing it safe.

But my ranking of the Region East teams for this tournament stands. It should be Almtuna (clear favorites), Flemingsberg (runner up/contender, especially if Almtuna leaves the j20 01:s at home) and Taby (chance of winning the tournament - very very slim)

Bjorkangsballen

Aug 9, 2018

In Nacka

Nacka
SDE
Huddinge
Falun
Borlange

In Uppsala

Almtuna
Flemingsberg
Taby
Vannas
Boras

Well scouted! Almtuna is impressive. Will be exciting to see them go up against DIF and SSK. Täby did well as some earlier posters expected. Nacka tournament was really close, a little bit surprised of the few goals scored per game and SDE which seem rather weak?

Reactions: Fredrik Nordkvist

nynasstollen

Feb 23, 2018
J18 Elite East - Ranking, part 1

Play up (in age) or not?

One tricky question when ranking the performance of a J18 team, especially for the “big clubs” with ambitious J20 Super-Elite teams (DIF, AIK, SSK and Almtuna (Not Super-Elite)), is to guess whether the club/players prioritize J18 matches or not. My assumptions for J18 Elite East are:

Most of DIF star players (01/02) are likely to play up in J20 and some of them might even get a few chances with the Seniors. Unfortneately this would mean that we will have limited time on ice to enjoy the skills of players like Bjornfot, Grewe, Bjorselius, Hedstrom, Soderlund and Holtz in J18 Elite.

AIK try to go that "play the stars in J20"- route last season and started the season with a young 01-dominated team in J18. In the end they finished the series with all their starpower 00:s on deck in a last try to save a JSM play off place. They might use a different tactics this season to secure Allsvenskan qualification early with strongest possible team. However, both Sjolund and Karlstrom should play more J20 than J18 games. Broberg will play with the seniors.

SSK will likely play Feuk and Krantz in J20 with consistency, but in case of emergency they might give J18 a helping hand.

Almtuna is expected to play d-men Lindman-Gustavsson and M Karlsson in J20.

Huddinge traditionally use all their older players to form strong J18 teams.

All the minor clubs with ambition (LIU) are expected to play strongest possible J18 team in order to fight for a J18 Allsvenskan spot.

Last edited:

nynasstollen

Feb 23, 2018
J18 Elite East - Ranking, part 2

The teams are ranked in five groups;

the “favourites”,
the “should make J18 Allsvenskan”,
the “outsiders”,
the “could go either way” and
the “fight to avoid relegation”

All team are ranked in strenght by a player for player analysis which forms a total ranking score. The total ranking score could be divided into defence (top 2 goalies and top 7 d-men) and offense (top 6W, 3C and 10th best F )
Max score is 10 (which would be competitive in Div 1 seniors). All teams are ranked to their full potential, i e ranked with their stars included, no reduction for J20 absence.

Last edited:

nynasstollen

Feb 23, 2018
J18 Elite East - Ranking, part 3

Group 1: the “favourites”,

Total DefRankOffRank
Djurgårdens IF 8.58 7.97 1 9.15 1
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Comment: when DIF play with their best players they will win.

Last edited:

nynasstollen

Feb 23, 2018
J18 Elite East - Ranking, part 4

Group 2: the “should make J18 Allsvenskan”,

TotalDefRankOffRank
AIK IF 7.32 7.242 7.392
Almtuna IS 6.94 6.663 7.203
Södertälje SK 6.86 6.624 7.084
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Comment: A strong group of teams. The internal order between them could be another than above, but if they don´t qualify for the J18 Allsvenskan something went seriously wrong.

Last edited:

nynasstollen

Feb 23, 2018
J18 Elite East - Ranking, part 5

Group 3: the “outsiders”,

TotalDefRankOffRank
Huddinge IK 6.36 6.167 6.556
Flemingsbergs IK 6.19 6.039 6.347
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Comment: Huddinge should be the 5th J18 Allsvenskan team from the East, but gut feeling tells me that Flemingsberg should be able to surprise/chock many team this season. Hopefully they are able to keep*, and benefit from an explosive development from, the promising 03:s Edman, Blomgren, Taylan and Jansson.

*Might be that Djurgarden "loan" some of them...

Last edited:

nynasstollen

Feb 23, 2018
J18 Elite East - Ranking, part 6

Group 4: the “could go either way”

Total

Def

Rank

Off

Rank

SDE HF

Nacka HK

Wings HC Arlanda

[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Comment: The above teams could, if everthing fall into place (team spirit, tactics, self confidence and goalkeeping), challenge for a J18 Allsvenskan spot. But they also, if things go in the other direction, stand the risk to be involved in the battle to avoid relegation. Nacka could have a downyear compared to last season, but I underestimated their chances last year at this point. The team looks a bit young at D this season, but with one years experince they will be very strong in 2019-20. Arlanda has a solid D side, but most likely they are not a strong offensively as last season and I dont expect them to reach Allsvenskan. SDE is a solid and physical team. They will be tough to beat, but I dont see enough creativity within the roster to reach the Allsvenskan.

Harakiri23

Sep 2, 2018
Incredibly well Written , nynasstollen! Really interesting to read and thoroughly done. Keep this tread alive!

Bjorkangsballen

Aug 9, 2018
some more training games, some suprises?

SDE-Vallentuna 8-1
Nacka-Almtuna 3-2
Örebro-Lidingö 6-1
Brynäs-AIK 3-2
Västerås-AIK 1-3
Sollentuna-Wings 7-5
Värmdö-Flemingsberg 2-5
Aik-Nacka 4-6

Reactions: nynasstollen

nynasstollen

Feb 23, 2018
Impressive week from Nacka! Besides from that, results in line with expectation with exception for the Arlanda game.

Last edited:

nynasstollen

Feb 23, 2018
J18 Elite East - Ranking, part 7

Group 5: “fight to avoid relegation”
TotalDefRankOffRank
Lidingö Vikings HC 6.04 6.166 5.9310
IFK Täby HC 5.75 5.7511 5.7511
IF Vallentuna BK Ishockey 5.74 5.7810 5.7112
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Comment: At the start of the season the teams above looks somewhat weaker than the top & midranked teams (in a player for player analysis). But this could change during the season. Taby roster a young team with some of the best 03:s in Stockholm and I expect most of them to adapt to J18 Elite quite easily. In a few months they should be in par with SDE, Wings, Flemingsberg and Nacka. Lidingo has a strong defence/goalie and the team won’t go down easy. The offense may lack depth but a tactical use of the first 2 lines and good special teams could get them enough goals to win narrow games. Vallentuna will be the underdogs in most games but should be able find wins at good nights/days. The offence is quite week however and it will be important to set up a well-drilled special team to take advantage of the PPs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->