J18 Allsvenskan elite

winterclassic

Nov 7, 2018
So it´s all settled!
It´s going to be a fun Allsvenska this year, a lot of god players from 02 this year. Skills all over, goalscorer and playmakers..I think the East and South is little harder to predict than the West and north -What do you all say? And I don't see that DIF and Frolunda for example will let there 02 players just jump down to j18, they are more needed in j20. Top 5 anyone? :naughty:

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
I am no Björkängsballen but here is my prediction for top-4

Frölunda
Malmö
Linköping
Djurgården

Nacka and Almtuna don't have to worry about J20 as much so maybe they can be strong enough to battle with the teams who have SuperElit teams.

HockeyOlle

Mar 12, 2018
Umeå
I think these Teams will be Top 5 in J18 Allsvenskan Norr:

Färjestads BK
Skellefteå AIK
Brynäs IF
Leksands IF
Luleå Hockey

Outsiders: Örebro and Mora
I think that Modo, Björklöven and Timrå will be fighting in the swamp.
The Teams strength is much depending on how many J18 players the J20 Teams in each club is using.

winterclassic

Nov 7, 2018
Time to comment ;)
I see it as follows top 5 and in top order;

Frölunda
Linköping
Djurgården
Malmö
Södertälje

Södertälje
is the dark horse in my pic (they have some players that could be interesting to follow, I see for example there 4 line have been playing better and better, and also some 02 have even been to elite camp last weekend, that could boost them) All other teams are not any rocket science..

Skellefteå
Färjestad
Luleå
Brynäs
Leksand

All teams
above should be clear, don't see any other ones that could struggle for a place in top 5.

winterclassic

Nov 7, 2018
So tomorrow it finally starts! (accept north, starts today)
J20 & J18 it´s always a blast to follow these to leagues.. Hope to fined some nice comments on this forum from some games around the country ...:)

winterclassic

Nov 7, 2018
New for the evening is that Hv71 Lindecrantz (former Nacka player) is back in Nackas roaster. Also some other guy it whispers..

The weekend hade tight games all over, and nothing special accept Almtuna that beat Malmo with 6-1. AIK played well and will not be team to just put in the shoes..I watched the game Frolunda vs Ssk, and that start SSK (2 goals in 45 sek) had was bad, and gave them uphill run for the rest of the game. Frolunda was indeed the better team..but SSK with an other start...never know..
Lindkoping played 2 nice games and will be finalist in SM I think.

North i did not follow this weekend, anyone?

James Creighton

Oct 26, 2016
New for the evening is that Hv71 Lindecrantz (former Nacka player) is back in Nackas roaster. Also some other guy it whispers..

The weekend hade tight games all over, and nothing special accept Almtuna that beat Malmo with 6-1. AIK played well and will not be team to just put in the shoes..I watched the game Frolunda vs Ssk, and that start SSK (2 goals in 45 sek) had was bad, and gave them uphill run for the rest of the game. Frolunda was indeed the better team..but SSK with an other start...never know..
Lindkoping played 2 nice games and will be finalist in SM I think.

North i did not follow this weekend, anyone?

Lindecrantz... didn`t see that coming! I have seen most of the games in Sodra this weekend and some of the games in Norra.

In sodra Frolunda looks strong (no surprise). As for the other teams I think will be very tight. Almtuna followed up their Shoot out loss against Vaxjo with a really strong performance against Malmo. Vaxjo on the other hand had some problems on the D side against AIK who was successful in their hard forechecking and forced Vaxjos Defense to do mistakes. Sodertalje and Linkoping both look like contenders but another power factor in Swedish hockey, HV71 have some big problems. I think this will be a tough series where everyone can win or loose depending on what team they can put on the ice every given game day. I hold Frolunda as favorites with Linkoping and Djurgarden as runner-ups. After that all places are up for grabs.

Up north Farjestad and Skelleftea impressed, Modo will also be a contender. Orebro and Bjorkloven will struggle for every point, and Ill be surprised if they win more than a game or two. Bjorkloven only have one line that has "Allsvensk" quality. Brynas, Leksand, Timra, Lulea and Mora will win some and loose some, in the end I think they all end up battling for positions in the middle.

Last edited:
Reactions: winterclassic

winterclassic

Nov 7, 2018
Finally a new weekend :) even that we hade a nice games during this week.

I can't hold my self, (but i will) there are some hugs battles coming up..
Have a nice hockeyweekend everyone:) schedule 12/1

12:00Frölunda HC - HV 71 Frölundaborg Isstadion
13:00IF Malmö Redhawks - Djurgårdens IF Malmö Isstadion
14:30Linköping HC - Almtuna IS Stångebro Ishall
16:00Södertälje SK - AIK Scaniarinken
17:30Växjö Lakers HC - Nacka HK
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

11:00Leksands IF - IF Björklöven Weda Skog Arena
12:00Skellefteå AIK - Brynäs IF Skellefteå Kraft Arena
15:15Mora IK - MODO Hockey Orsa Ishall
16:00Luleå HF - Timrå IK Coop Norrbotten Arena
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
First loss of the season for Frölunda. Seems to be lots of injuries, had 7 guys born in 2003 playing in the game, 5-1 loss against HV.

Saw some of Modo's game and was impressed with Ernst Axel Boberg. Great name too!

winterclassic

Nov 7, 2018
The weekend games had some surprises. Hv71 vs Frolunda is one, but it´s all about the Line ups..what does these teams put up for kind of Line up. Nacka made a nice tour, but did not take any points. They will with these guy Lindecrantz and Linder back in play take several points. DIF played one down and one to go, and that with out j20 players. Sodertalje, i am confused! They should have had more than 4 point during this weekend, but came out ZERO. I looked at parts of AIK and Almtuna thru Livearena, and first, Line up confuses me in many ways...for sure They can do much better.
Still AIK and Almtuna played nice and after there strategy. Lindkoping looks solid 6p. Vaxsjo 1 up and one down = overall good!
North anyone?

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
Djurgården can look like the best team in the league some days, and the worst the next.

Very impressed with AIK after christmas. They play with a lot of skating and intensity and no so called stars who just take the puck and skate.

winterclassic

Nov 7, 2018
It seems like every team can bet anyone..AIK is impressing I agree, and all the teams tend to win or lose when you least see it coming ;) Linkoping is the team to beat i would say and there PP is Solid Rock!, second place for AIK. Frolunda, Hv71, Malmo, DIF and maybe Sodertalje will end up fighting for the 3-4 place..If Sodertalje get the PP together they might have a chance to take 4 place.
I would say a key-match is on Wednesday between Sodertalje vs DIF.

Looking at the teams line up, and for top teams its all about who is in the line up and also with whom they are playing..

SM will be fun :popcorn:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad