Proposal: J. Tavares for J. Toews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krewe

Mar 12, 2019
Chicago would have to add a bunch here. No offense to Toews but he isn't near as good as Tavares currently

Reactions: leafsfan5

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
bad fit for Chicago
tavares hasn't exactly blown the doors off Toews' production the last two seasons

tavares last two seasons: 145 GP, 148 pts
toews last two seasons: 152 GP, 141 pts

tavares is certainly the better offensive player but toews is still a terrific all around player. tavares also has been surrounded by loaded top six talent, arguably the best in the league which would bump toews too if he had that

chicago mainly doesn't do this because tavares has been largely disappointing in the playoffs but also because Chicago doesn't need to lock into a larger cap hit for longer when the end of toews' cap hit is in sight

dach is taking over 1C in probably two seasons. don't need tavares' boat anchor deal at that point stuck in the 2C spot

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Chicago would have to add a bunch here. No offense to Toews but he isn't near as good as Tavares currently

? Not really.

I'd rather have Toews, Becuase his contract ends sooner, even though Tavares is a little better.

Niether are worth their cap hit.

But, One for One, Toronto has to add here.

Reactions: CasusBelli and bh53

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
I think this is closer than people are making it out to be. Toews has become underrated. I prefer Tavares but there is merit in getting out from the term of that contract without making a major downgrade; you can probably re-sign Toews for less money and term after his contract ends, and Toews would bring a winning pedigree and all-around game that would really benefit the Leafs.

Reactions: Pertti and Jets88

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
I think this is closer than people are making it out to be. Toews has become underrated. I prefer Tavares but there is merit in getting out from the term of that contract without making a major downgrade; you can probably re-sign Toews for less money and term after his contract ends, and Toews would bring a winning pedigree and all-around game that would really benefit the Leafs.

Agreed with this. If I'm Toronto, I take. 1 for 1 and run. Winning pedigree, incentive for Toews to play hard again with a solid team, shorter contract means you can retool while AM and MM are in their prime if the JT (convenient same initials) experiment fails.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->