Confirmed with Link: J.T. Brown signs 1-year, 2-way contract

Tampa Bay Kiwi

Apr 23, 2013
Probably only 1 year because of the 2 way. I'm thinking he signs multi year next year on a 1 way

Should be pushing for the 3rd line next season. Probably only a 1 year contract though as he probably won't get a chance to prove his worth in the NHL this upcoming season with the major logjam we have in the top-9

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Should be pushing for the 3rd line next season. Probably only a 1 year contract though as he probably won't get a chance to prove his worth in the NHL this upcoming season with the major logjam we have in the top-9

I don't see him pushing this year. I think he's being groomed for a top 6 role, so he'll get a season of top 6 under his belt down in the A.

Tampa Bay Kiwi

Apr 23, 2013
I don't see him pushing this year. I think he's being groomed for a top 6 role, so he'll get a season of top 6 under his belt down in the A.

I agree, but I don't think there is room for him to be in the top 6 anytime soon. I see him more as a 3rd liner in the show with upside to move up to the 2nd line. Hopefully we ship out Purcell next year and let the young guys fill his role whilst being more defensively responsible.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I agree, but I don't think there is room for him to be in the top 6 anytime soon. I see him more as a 3rd liner in the show with upside to move up to the 2nd line. Hopefully we ship out Purcell next year and let the young guys fill his role whilst being more defensively responsible.

I am very glad your not in charge of the team. I am not all knowledgeable on stats etc.. just love hockey learning more about it etc.. Am 35 year fan. But teddy is 27, have 3 more years at 4.5 million his prime three years. He has missed no time for us. Always ready day in day out. Has 51-65-36 points. So averaging about 60 I would guess.

Looking at that I doubt if we have three guys in our system whom can match that production from year one. I dont think any of them will but maybe drouin and kucherov when comes up in first year. Killorn would shoot from bench if got the chance but I give him like 40 this year maybe a tad 2-3 more points would be a good first year.

I get where some people say he is not a two way player and agree but think cooper will help him with that and maybe he will grow into that roll a little better. Yet would hate to see these kids brought up and expect teddy's production cause dont think many if any of them can do it and view it as unfair to their progress.

Tampa Bay Kiwi

Apr 23, 2013
I am very glad your not in charge of the team. I am not all knowledgeable on stats etc.. just love hockey learning more about it etc.. Am 35 year fan. But teddy is 27, have 3 more years at 4.5 million his prime three years. He has missed no time for us. Always ready day in day out. Has 51-65-36 points. So averaging about 60 I would guess.

Looking at that I doubt if we have three guys in our system whom can match that production from year one. I don't think any of them will but maybe Drouin and Kucherov when comes up in first year. Killorn would shoot from bench if got the chance but I give him like 40 this year maybe a tad 2-3 more points would be a good first year.

I get where some people say he is not a two way player and agree but think cooper will help him with that and maybe he will grow into that roll a little better. Yet would hate to see these kids brought up and expect teddy's production cause don't think many if any of them can do it and view it as unfair to their progress.

In a years time we will have players that can step up into Teddies role and actually be physical. Why not package him up for a top 4 defensman and let the kids step up. Kucherov is my bet for Teddies replacement if he were to be traded.

As much as I love Teddy he's to soft. We need more grit in this team.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
In a years time we will have players that can step up into Teddies role and actually be physical. Why not package him up for a top 4 defensman and let the kids step up. Kucherov is my bet for Teddies replacement if he were to be traded.

As much as I love Teddy he's to soft. We need more grit in this team.

I hear you and tend to agree on some things but last year we had 7 kids whom would put up close to teddy's numbers in nhl and if you got the last 2-3 years before that think is mostly like a couple guys hitting 50. I want us to show a little patience. As fans I think our expectations are too much on these guys just saying. I am used to detroit though and people being older more mature and ready for NHL than a lot of our guys are going to be.

I do not expect these guys all to come up and score 70 points lol. I would be happy keeping teddy around bringing these guys up let them learn 2-3 years and hope they start off hitting 25-40 points etc.. If they get more awesome yet think we are really expecting a lot from 21 year olds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad