Status
Not open for further replies.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Terrible news.

Article.

For the past seven months, J.P. Parise, the popular former North Stars forward and proud father of Zach and Jordan Parise, has been in the toughest battle of his life. Last winter, while Zach was captaining the United States in the Olympics, J.P. woke up with kidney stones.

“I went to the doctor, took a CT scan and the doc said, ‘There’s a black spot on your left lung that I don’t like,’ ” J.P. Parise said, recalling the words that turned his life upside down.

Days later, he would receive a diagnosis of Stage 4 lung cancer, the most advanced form of the disease.

Last edited:

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
It's strange how Suter and Parise's lives have really been intertwined....this latest being with their fathers.

Heart goes out to them.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Crap - JP was a favorite of mine as a kid, and later as a parent - cool guy.

Weird - Suter loses his Pa, now Parise has this.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
That was a great article. Sucks, but at least they give him two years.. It is a weird coincidence with Suter's dad recently..

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
My sister knows JP and his wife (receptionist at hair salon where they both got their hair cut), she has always said that JP and his wife were/are very nice people.

I like the way he thinks, though.

After he was diagnosed, my mom got in the car crying and he said, ‘Donna, if I’ve got two years to live, I can’t sit here and watch you cry every day. This is just life. This is how it’s going to be.’

Great attitude to have. Roll with the punches.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Hate to hear this kind of awful news. It's horrible. In the end we have to accept that it's is part of life, the other side.. and J.P. Parise sounds like a great human with an incredible attitude.

It's been real tough times for both Suter and Parise families. Wish them strength to fight and best of luck.

Last edited:

a79krgm

Jul 15, 2006
White Bear Lake
www.northstarshockey.com
I'm very sad to hear this. JP has been and still is big part of Minnesota hockey. As a kid I remember seeing him play with the North Stars in 1979.

It seems like it was in the cards for JP (and now Zach) to play professional hockey in Minnesota. JP played two seasons for the old Minneapolis Bruins -- then came back a few years later to play for the North Stars ---- then played for NYI and Cleveland before strange fate landed JP right back in the State of Hockey again for his last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad