J.P. Levasseur

Status
Not open for further replies.

habbyfan60

Mar 23, 2005
why is it that mckeens and the red line have this kid rated so high? he did'nt make the u18 team in the summer, his stats in the q are not that great, and he's only played about six games since xmas. i've seen this kid play on a few occasions and he's not that impressive.

West

Mar 7, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
My guess is that he's been injured at some point this year and only people in the real scouting comunity know because I completely agree with your opinion.

IMHO Carey Price (whl tri-city), Kevin Lalande(ohl belv) and Tyler Plante (whl brandon) are the only 3 NA goalies that should get 1st or 2nd round consideration.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
West said:
My guess is that he's been injured at some point this year and only people in the real scouting comunity know because I completely agree with your opinion.

IMHO Carey Price (whl tri-city), Kevin Lalande(ohl belv) and Tyler Plante (whl brandon) are the only 3 NA goalies that should get 1st or 2nd round consideration.

That's heavy bias, Vincent and Levaseur are way more worthy than Lalande and Plante who are neverthelss good in their own right.

habbyfan60

Mar 23, 2005
guys, i'm telling you, i know people who have seen mior go head to head with this guy in Calgary at the u18 and this year in the q. mior outplayed him badly. can't understand what scouts see in this guy. he may have potential but his resume isn't as impressive as mior's. mior started off absolutely awful this year - guess had trouble with boutin being #1 and the fact that the kid had a virus for about a month - but, regained his groove back by the end of the year. this kis has great raw talent and it's not being nurtured since the rocket don't even have a full-time goalie coach. price had kolzig working with him all year which obviously helped alot. mior has some part-time coach named balnchard who played local junior hockey in pei.

anyway, again, don't see what the hypes all about this JP fella. he was awful at the prospect game as well.

bruins4777*

habbyfan60 said:
guys, i'm telling you, i know people who have seen mior go head to head with this guy in Calgary at the u18 and this year in the q. mior outplayed him badly. can't understand what scouts see in this guy. he may have potential but his resume isn't as impressive as mior's. mior started off absolutely awful this year - guess had trouble with boutin being #1 and the fact that the kid had a virus for about a month - but, regained his groove back by the end of the year. this kis has great raw talent and it's not being nurtured since the rocket don't even have a full-time goalie coach. price had kolzig working with him all year which obviously helped alot. mior has some part-time coach named balnchard who played local junior hockey in pei.

anyway, again, don't see what the hypes all about this JP fella. he was awful at the prospect game as well.
in the NHL 2 things matter to get drafted
1. potential
2. size

yes i know its ridiculous but thats the way things are nowadays

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Levasseur is awsome, never got the time and respect this year that he should have, he is better than Mior by far. I am not a big fan of Price myself, Levasseur next year will be a starter and will prove why he is so highly rated.

fredez

Apr 8, 2003
Visit site
bruins4777 said:
in the NHL 2 things matter to get drafted
1. potential
2. size

yes i know its ridiculous but thats the way things are nowadays
Your almost right, it's more :

1.Size
2.Potential

habbyfan60

Mar 23, 2005
mior's size: 6'-1", 183 llbs.

potential is unbelievable. all he has to do is put his mind to it. this kid lacked alot of confidence at the start of the year which is somewhat unbelievable considering how cocky he used to be. maybe does'nt believe in himslef. vigneault's record with young goaltenders is terrible cause it's the one position he's not an expert on so he yanks them quickly. he has no patience when it comes to goalies.

u think JP will be good next year. i'll bet mior outshines him by far. Rouyn is going to lose about 10 - 19 year olds this season and will be left to the dogs like mior was this year. pei only had 1 returning defenceman this year and that was gragnani who is 17. we'll see what JP is made of next yaer. it will be interesting for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->