J-F Jacques is he any good

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunter1909*

J-F Jacques is 6'4" and is fast emerging as a talent in the qmjhl...

oilers drafted him without fanfare...

so - how good is he to impartial observers?

boby

Oct 3, 2004
If Jacques play with other team of Baie-Comeau, he been a best player. The Baie-Comeau club as in reconstruction last two years. I'm not sure but i think that Jacques been trade for the team who have the chance to play memorial cup. The problem with Jacques, he is not regular. Last night, he give 7 body checks, the team win 4-3, he have one pass and he receive the first star. He's stats is not impress but when he serve his body he can change the game. I dont think that one day he play NHL with Oilers, he can't do more than 3 lines.

Oiltalk

May 20, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
boby said:
If Jacques play with other team of Baie-Comeau, he been a best player. The Baie-Comeau club as in reconstruction last two years. I'm not sure but i think that Jacques been trade for the team who have the chance to play memorial cup. The problem with Jacques, he is not regular. Last night, he give 7 body checks, the team win 4-3, he have one pass and he receive the first star. He's stats is not impress but when he serve his body he can change the game. I dont think that one day he play NHL with Oilers, he can't do more than 3 lines.
His stats look pretty darn impressive to me. They are almost up there with Pouliots.
The Oilers don't plan on having him on their roster for probably another 4-5 years, so any little holes in his game can be worked on right now.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
boby said:

How is Drakkar's defense looking? Also how does Micky Dupont look? Merci

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Oiltalk said:
His stats look pretty darn impressive to me. They are almost up there with Pouliots.
The Oilers don't plan on having him on their roster for probably another 4-5 years, so any little holes in his game can be worked on right now.

Jacques is more 'NHL ready' than Pouliot. He plays an NHL game, i think he could play in the AHL at 20 and push for a 4th line LW spot at 21.

GorillazXL

Jun 21, 2003
Vancouver, BC
Visit site
I'm not sure if JFJ will score in the NHL like he does in juniors but I agree with La-la-laprise, he definatley plays a game that is more adatable to the NHL. He may not put up the points like a Crosby or a Radulov but if could develop into a Moreau type of player, he's gold. 6'4 200+ llbs, with speed, some skill and plays an agressive game is something to definately be impressed about.

GXL

speeds

Feb 27, 2002
St.Albert
Visit site
just wondering if anyone can offer an update on JF Jacques?

His scoring has certainly come along this year, now 13th in the Q in scoring, and leading his team by a good chunk as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad