J.A. Adande - Memo to NHL: Does Anybody Really Care?

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-adande17feb17,1,6191375.column?coll=la-headlines-sports

"I think we're killing the game," the player said.

"We are doing irrevocable damage to our sport by putting our fans through this process," the team president said.

"We're facing obscurity," the agent said.

"Through the decades and generations we have faced a variety of crises and challenges, some of which seemed catastrophic at the time," the commissioner said. "The league persevered through all these adversities, and the league will persevere through this one as well."

mrs9x

Nov 16, 2002
Charlottesville, VA
Visit site
John Flyers Fan said:
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-adande17feb17,1,6191375.column?coll=la-headlines-sports

"I think we're killing the game," the player said.

"We are doing irrevocable damage to our sport by putting our fans through this process," the team president said.

"We're facing obscurity," the agent said.

"Through the decades and generations we have faced a variety of crises and challenges, some of which seemed catastrophic at the time," the commissioner said. "The league persevered through all these adversities, and the league will persevere through this one as well."

Adande only knows about basketball and baseball...I love it when non-hockey writers start piling on about the problems of hockey.

TonySCV

Golden
Mar 2, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
mrs9x said:
Adande only knows about basketball and baseball...I love it when non-hockey writers start piling on about the problems of hockey.

Non-hockey writers are all we have in the US.

While the article is just a tad over the top, the fundamentals are there. No one does care, and with 24 of the 30 teams in the land that could care less, the NHL has a HUGE problem on their hands. They'll have to make the game enticing to fans and reinvent itself - not for the 6 teams they have in Canada - for the 24 they have in the US.

Old Hickory

I really can't stand J.A. Adande. He writes about Hockey, sporadically at best, and always after something goes wrong in the sport. After a big Kings playoff loss, after the Bertuzzi incident, etc. For some reason he has a personal agenda against hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad