Prospect Info: Ives' Top 50 Draft Prospect Rankings, 2018

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
Thanks STI. Great write up. NJ will have a great player available at 17. Hard to say which way they go but if the interview process cemented Nico as the pick last year it’s not hard to see the staff taking a long look at Miller who was reported to interview well.

Thanks a lot. I remain convinced that if Miller falls to #17, there is a strong chance the Devils take him -- he is precisely what the organization needs the most. The Devils are shallowest at LD, and lack big/physical D players, especially on D. Miller checks all of those boxes (in spades), while also fitting the organizational blueprint of speed/character/intelligence.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Thanks a lot. I remain convinced that if Miller falls to #17, there is a strong chance the Devils take him -- he is precisely what the organization needs the most. The Devils are shallowest at LD, and lack big/physical D players, especially on D. Miller checks all of those boxes (in spades), while also fitting the organizational blueprint of speed/character/intelligence.

I’d like to see a team just below NJ demand Lovejoy in a trade so NJ can draft Miller and Kupari.

My3Sons

Sponsor
Does any team ever look at siblings and parents? My kids have all played sports where I’ve seen varsity coaches projecting young players that bloomed early without realizing that the 5’6” 140 pound 14 year old kid with the 5’5” dad probably just maxed out his growth early and is more coordinated than the 5’4” 120 pound kid who hasn’t hit his growth spurt yet and hasn’t gotten his coordination down but has a 5’11” dad and brothers over 6 foot tall. I’d like to think pro scouts looking at 17 year old kids take that sort of concept into account but that might only matter for a small number of players so they don’t bother.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
I’d like to see a team just below NJ demand Lovejoy in a trade so NJ can draft Miller and Kupari.

I don't think Lovejoy gets traded. His demand is lower than Mueller, even though there is not much of a talent differential between the two, because of Lovejoy's higher salary. Neither have a regular spot on the NJ blueline next year. So I'm guessing Mueller would be the D to go.

Czech Trio

Aug 29, 2009
I thought in the games Mueller played he played like a competent #4/#5 guy. Smooth skating and rangy. Nothing offensively spectacular, just a solid defender that every competitive team needs in their D corp. I certainly hope he is given every opportunity to play next year and not be scratched for Lovejoy.

Reactions: nugg

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I highly doubt they get rid of Mueller a year after spending decent draft capital on him and considering a serious injury basically derailed his season

if space needs to be made on the blue line, I bet someone would take Lovejoy for like a 7th. He only has 1 more year left and some teams love that veteran DMan

Reactions: Darkauron

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
Does any team ever look at siblings and parents? My kids have all played sports where I’ve seen varsity coaches projecting young players that bloomed early without realizing that the 5’6” 140 pound 14 year old kid with the 5’5” dad probably just maxed out his growth early and is more coordinated than the 5’4” 120 pound kid who hasn’t hit his growth spurt yet and hasn’t gotten his coordination down but has a 5’11” dad and brothers over 6 foot tall. I’d like to think pro scouts looking at 17 year old kids take that sort of concept into account but that might only matter for a small number of players so they don’t bother.

I'm certain they do this. Also, Kupari was listed at 5'11 at the outset of the season and measured 6'1 on the combine, so I'm certain the teams take note of who is still growing.

My3Sons

Sponsor
I highly doubt they get rid of Mueller a year after spending decent draft capital on him and considering a serious injury basically derailed his season

if space needs to be made on the blue line, I bet someone would take Lovejoy for like a 7th. He only has 1 more year left and some teams love that veteran DMan

I’d hold out for a 7th and a bag of Fritos

Reactions: Devils Dominion

My3Sons

Sponsor
If anyone wants any scouting reports on draft prospects before the big day tomorrow, I'm taking off work tomorrow and should be able to answer any questions.

How fast does a cheetah run? What’s the capital of Nevada? Why can’t we isolate dark matter? Well you did say any questions. Oh you meant questions about prospects for this year’s draft? Never mind I’ll show myself out.

Reactions: StevenToddIves

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ

As I understand, height mostly comes from the mom. She herself might not even be tall, but from her family genes. My dad is 6'0 and my mom is about 5'7, but I'm 6'4. My mom has three older brothers that are all 6'4+, which is where it comes from. And yeah, I'm sure teams look into that kind of stuff.

Reactions: nugg and My3Sons

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
How fast does a cheetah run? What’s the capital of Nevada? Why can’t we isolate dark matter? Well you did say any questions. Oh you meant questions about prospects for this year’s draft? Never mind I’ll show myself out.

I'm pretty certain the capital of Nevada is Carson City. Cheetahs run almost as fast as Quinton Hughes skates. everything else I'm foggy on.

Reactions: nugg and My3Sons

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad