Recalled/Assigned: Ivan Telegin fails to report to IceCaps (UPD: rights acquired by CSKA Moscow)

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
Pure speculation at this point but a death of and heading home without informing work is forgivable. Grief for sure trumps work obligations for a period of time; far from idiocy.

But at this point who knows why he went home for sure; I doubt strongly the Jets would suspend someone attending funerals ; that would be the dick move.

I was posting a extreme example basically showing that we don't know the scenario.

I stand by my statement that a team mate should never call out another team mate in social media.
If O'Dell wanted a answer he should have called and asked, or better still asked his employer.

The only way this ends up being a big deal is if he decides to retire.

Edgar Halliwax

aka Marvin Candle
Sep 23, 2011
Winnipeg
I was posting a extreme example basically showing that we don't know the scenario.

I stand by my statement that a team mate should never call out another team mate in social media.
If O'Dell wanted a answer he should have called and asked, or better still asked his employer.

The only way this ends up being a big deal is if he decides to retire.

I will reserve judgement until I hear about the "personal reasons". You have no idea how much I want to add to this post right now...

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Kinda sad how some people want to judge a guy for a personal decision like this while knowing nothing behind the decision. :help::shakehead That takes quite some ignorance. Who are some of you to judge someone through a message board the way you do? Just sad...

If he's done with hockey in North America, so be it. That concussion might have ruined any shot he had at the NHL anyways. Kept him out for quite awhile. But who knows. He's not a top end prospect and we'll eventually replace him anyways soon enough if he's gone.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Sun is reporting that he went home and is looking for a place to play in Russia, suspended by the Jets.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Sun is reporting that he went home and is looking for a place to play in Russia, suspended by the Jets.

Well if this is in-fact the case he wont be able to play for anyone in Russia due to the MOU between the NHL and KHL. The only way is if the Jets agree to terminate his contract.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Well if this is in-fact the case he wont be able to play for anyone in Russia due to the MOU between the NHL and KHL. The only way is if the Jets agree to terminate his contract.

He still has 2 years left on his contract. We'll have to see how this plays out. Things may be getting blown out of proportion and he will be returning to the Rock once personal matters are dealt with.

http://www.capgeek.com/player/2100

Snot Rocket

HF anti-tank squad
Feb 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Loads of wild speculation.
Wait until the story comes out in the wash before you get the hammer and nails out.

Could be anything...and in Russia, it really means could be anything...from legit family personal matter to the Russian MOB.

I'll take the wait and see approach.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Is Telegin even good enough for the KHL? He couldn't do much in the AHL and his correct level is probably the ECHL if wasn't for his draft position.

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
Never draft Russians.

There I said it.

Seriously though I hope all is well with him. It could be family related and everyone is getting wound up about it.

If he is seriously worried about concussions I wouldn't be overly upset if the Jets gave him permission to p,at in the less physical KHL in order for him to get his game back on track.

This. Except if it's Evgeni Malkin or Datsyuk. Malkin loves being Russian, but he loves being a Penguin and had to pretty much run away from the KHL in order to come play in the NHL. If you're a Russian with a limited skill set you pretty much are better off staying in the motherland.

Den

Aug 9, 2005
Stockholm
www.recdir.com
"Personal decision" is an offer from a KHL team...

Let it go guys... In 5 years there will be 5 ovechkins and 10 selannes playing in the NHL, other will be earning their buck in the KHL.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com

Let it go guys... In 5 years there will be 5 ovechkins and 10 selannes playing in the NHL, other will be earning their buck in the KHL.

Can't be an offer from KHL team as he can't play in the KHL...

They aren't going to tear the MOU over Telegin if they didn't do it for Visnovsky...

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto

Can't happen: he's under contract to the Jets. The Jets would have to waive his rights, or as garret states, the KHL would have to tear up the MOU on honouring contracts between the two leagues.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Can't happen: he's under contract to the Jets. The Jets would have to waive his rights, or as garret states, the KHL would have to tear up the MOU on honouring contracts between the two leagues.

For some reason, I don't see Telegin being worthy of such a move.

Den

Aug 9, 2005
Stockholm
www.recdir.com
They will eather make a deal with the KHL team along the lines "it would be better for his development", or ..... he will simply retire from the NHL/AHL :sarcasm:

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
My guess is he got discouraged and figured it wasn't worth sticking around in North America for $65k a year and that he wouldn't make the big leagues anytime soon for the $600k a year. At 21, seems he's given up on an NHL career.

But we don't really know.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Good
I hope they enjoy their inferior league

I'm sure they care so much when they can make as much or more doing something they love in their home country instead of being 1,000s of miles away from home in a place that you don't even speak the same language. Yeah, they really care that much. :rolleyes:

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
Kinda sad how some people want to judge a guy for a personal decision like this while knowing nothing behind the decision. :help::shakehead That takes quite some ignorance. Who are some of you to judge someone through a message board the way you do? Just sad...

If he's done with hockey in North America, so be it. That concussion might have ruined any shot he had at the NHL anyways. Kept him out for quite awhile. But who knows. He's not a top end prospect and we'll eventually replace him anyways soon enough if he's gone.

Why all the sympathy in your last couple of posts? He walked out on his employer and apparently left the country without notice, while on contract, and all indications are that he wasn't being mistreated in any way to justify it.

Causing holes and headaches for our organization.

That's a d**k move by any employee, in just about any job.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad