Recalled/Assigned: Ivan Telegin fails to report to IceCaps (UPD: rights acquired by CSKA Moscow)

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Would be sad to see but... honestly, I kinda lost my hopes a little for him making the step to the NHL anyway. He'd need a biiiig step up this year in the AHL to be considered.

peg

Jul 8, 2010
With limited options, and some difficult injuries, maybe he's just decided to be done with hockey.

I have gone through the want ads recently. Haven't seen any openings at WalMart that pay $697,000 a year.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Why can't people here take things at face value? He left for personal reasons and is suspended so the jets don't have to pay him. Until we have more information everyone is just speculating.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
So... Is someone going to say it or do you want me too?

Never draft Russians.

There I said it.

Seriously though I hope all is well with him. It could be family related and everyone is getting wound up about it.

If he is seriously worried about concussions I wouldn't be overly upset if the Jets gave him permission to p,at in the less physical KHL in order for him to get his game back on track.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
O'Dell asked him where he was on Instagram a couple days back. He said he was heading back to Russia.

Perhaps AHL cheese doesn't cut it after suffering through concussion symptoms for 6 months.

Dick move by a team mate.

If O'Dell wanted to know where he was he should have called or texted, not asked in public media.

Duir

Dick move by a team mate.

If O'Dell wanted to know where he was he should have called or texted, not asked in public media.

I would say the dick move of a team mate is not to be selfish and refuse to show up to St. John's. If it weren't for that, that conversation wouldn't even happen. Telegin put that one in motion and made it public, not O'Dell.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
I would say the dick move of a team mate is not to be selfish and refuse to show up to St. John's. If it weren't for that, that conversation wouldn't even happen. Telegin put that one in motion and made it public, not O'Dell.

You have zero knowledge about why he didnt report to the club.

If he had a death in the family and didn't want to discuss it with someone over social media then he is a dick?
Think.

PaperRockChamp

Oct 19, 2009
Wpg

If he had a death in the family and didn't want to discuss it with someone over social media then he is a dick?
Think.

You're speaking as if you know exactly what happened with Telegin. Care to tell everyone else?

koth

Feb 5, 2013
Winnipeg
If he didn't report to St. John's for "personal reasons" and he's heading back to Russia, he could very well be heading back for a funeral.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011

Think.

was he somehow forced to respond to the query publicly? If it was a private matter could he not have gotten in touch with the team/teammates privately?

Duir

Think.

You appear to have much more detailed knowledge then I do, so please share what you know and I'll change my opinion.

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind

Think.

If it's a death in the family you are an idiot for not informing your employer if it is going to interfere with your employment

hoowaa

Oct 22, 2011
Winnipeg
Pure speculation at this point but a death of and heading home without informing work is forgivable. Grief for sure trumps work obligations for a period of time; far from idiocy.

But at this point who knows why he went home for sure; I doubt strongly the Jets would suspend someone attending funerals ; that would be the dick move.

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
Yup, I seen him hit the boards(in the preseason game on tv), get hurt, miss some camp, came back, didn't make the team, we don't know where he is, Sherlock Holmes will take it from here.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad