Confirmed with Link: Ivan Provorov Signs Extension - 6 Years/$40.5M ($6.75AAV)

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Hak coaches the same as many coaches including Gallant. 1-2-2 and a low to high offence. Hey he was coach of the year because players played above expectations and then really got it going in the playoffs. There top players played the others teams best and were awesome so the coach looks awesome to.
Gallant also played Bellemare relentlessly when protecting a lead late in the 3rd, but you still have people here acting like Hakstol is the worst coach in the league & saying that the Flyers should have hired Gallant.

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
Gallant also played Bellemare relentlessly when protecting a lead late in the 3rd, but you still have people here acting like Hakstol is the worst coach in the league & saying that the Flyers should have hired Gallant.
honestly I wasnt one of them Loved him was hoping he wouldn't get picked in the expension draft. His problem here was more the guys he played with. when he saw better talent you could see more out of him. Really happy for Bellemare. wish he was still with us. would have rather had him than Filp last year.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
we are talking about diferent things clearly.
Huh? I said the 1-2-2 was more passive than the prior 1-1-3; you said it wasn’t more passive; I responded that a second forechecker was much deeper, so it was more passive. How are we talking about different things?

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
Huh? I said the 1-2-2 was more passive than the prior 1-1-3; you said it wasn’t more passive; I responded that a second forechecker was much deeper, so it was more passive. How are we talking about different things?
1-2-2 and 1-1-3 are the structures of the deployment. Passive I take as not being quick to the puck. I.E. not checking. when the switch was made the team became really tough to get through the neutral zone on when they played aggressively. when they played passively we would get pinned in deep. Generally you saw this change in the third periods. when other teams started pinching and attacking more. The Flyers stopped attacking and ativating D-man to play more passively.

you still had two forechecker in the O-zone on both deployments. and the other of the first 2 was just outside the blue line. then two deeper by our blue line. Yes the second forechecker was not quite as deep but the still play an aggressive relentless style that many Coaches commented on. The first that comes to mind was Columbus. We were a hard team to play against one of the things I loved about Haks coaching though I think he should have switch to the 1-2-2 soon considering that itwas because only two D-man were able to play it right mostly because two were rookies and still not sure of where to go all the time.

Reactions: Ruck Over

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Belle and Reaves we're awesome in the playoffs but it's points man all the time lol.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Can you quote where I ever said that you don't need to be good defensively too?

Spoiler: nope

Oh, so your thesis is you have to be good at everything? I agree. Pretty tough task when you have an average at best roster talent-wise.

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
Myers/Morin when they are ready and in the Flyers will be much harder to play against physically. Hextall also has a lot of good prospects with size that have potential to be in the lineup in the next few seasons. You need to mix skill and size on the team but I don't want size if that player sucks. Tom Wilson got that huge contract because he is young with a lot of size and doesn't hold back his team. That isn't common anymore in the league and that is why a player like Simmonds would still get a lot in a trade if the Flyers traded him.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Oh, so your thesis is you have to be good at everything? I agree. Pretty tough task when you have an average at best roster talent-wise.
My thesis is that scoring is obviously the most important part of hockey, but that it's not the only important part of hockey.

Grit/physicality is far down the list, after scoring, defense, intelligence, speed, tenacity, etc.

Reactions: pmwlker

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Bellemare got more hate here because of his usage. He was a solid pk'r and fourth liner but I was excited to see him go over another player because of him being over played.

PEB was overplayed here?
12:50, 13;34, 12:58 in Vegas 12:20
2-3 of those minutes were on the PK.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
My thesis is that scoring is obviously the most important part of hockey, but that it's not the only important part of hockey.

Grit/physicality is far down the list, after scoring, defense, intelligence, speed, tenacity, etc.

Grit/physicality is an important part of defense, how many good defenders stick check, don't use the body, don't fight for puck in the corners and along the boards, challenge guys in the crease, etc.
Now there's a long list of one dimensional scorers who lack grit/physicality, but a short list of good defenders.

Which is why Couts and Patrick are the key to the future of this franchise, because they're both players who can score and play physical defense. And why Ron has been drafting players like Lindblom, Rubtsov, Farabee, O'Brien, Vorobyev, NAK, etc. And why I'm looking forward to Myers, we need some defensemen who cannot only skate, but can put the fear of God in opponents. I miss "psycho" Gudas (without the imitation of the Tudor executioner).

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
G Voracek, Coots raffl, Filpula, Provy, Ghost, Sanhiem, Patrick, Konecny..... Does that help. They are all good at control entries. Coots Patrick and Voracek may be the best on the team. Being good at and being coached not to are different things!!!!

Couts and Patrick (notice their size, same with Voracek, helps when shielding the puck in traffic). Ghost with his quickness. Sanheim not as much at this point, Konency lacks lateral agility to get around people with the puck.
Raffl? Filppula?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad