Ivan Fedotov

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
what is up with that guy?

I found this article: Reports: Ivan Fedotov will return to play for CSKA, not the Flyers – FLYERS NITTY GRITTY where they say he'll stay in CSKA, but what happened in the meantime? did he go to court or what?
He did go to court initially, but then at one point his lawyer has withdrawn the appeal and after that reportedly he was returned from the Arctics to serve the remaining time close to home in St.Petersburg region with an access to the Navy ice rink. I suspect those things were not coincidental.

Right now he is playing in Army hockey tournament in St.Petersburg, his service time should be over soon, as well as the contract with the Flyers, after that he should be able to sign with CSKA.

Reactions: HungryFrank

jcbio11

Aug 17, 2008
Bratislava
What happened to him was appaling. No surprised here, they're simply not going to let him go the the NHL. They taught him a lesson for trying to escape.

Reactions: tlk

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
What happened to him was appaling. No surprised here, they're simply not going to let him go the the NHL. They taught him a lesson for trying to escape.
With this Flyers decision the situation kind of gets interesting though: since now he is contracted in the NHL for the next season he can't sign with CSKA anymore, so somehow they'll have to negotiate all that to find a solution.

Reactions: jcbio11

TheBlackAtom

Jul 8, 2023
does anyone think this may be why Michkov wanted to go to Philly? It would make sense he'd want to honor Fedotov in some way - especially since it came out that he didn't want to play in Washington specifically which I can only assume was because of their clear connections to the gov over there

jcbio11

Aug 17, 2008
Bratislava
does anyone think this may be why Michkov wanted to go to Philly? It would make sense he'd want to honor Fedotov in some way - especially since it came out that he didn't want to play in Washington specifically which I can only assume was because of their clear connections to the gov over there
I don't follow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad