Prospect Info: Ivan Chukarov (2015, 182nd) – '18-19: UMass #13 (NCAA)

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Huh. Chukarov was the co-winner of the Craig Ramsey award for hardest working player of development camp.

Did anyone notice him this week? I don't remember a single mention on twitter or here.

Literally the only thing that I remember was his rocket slapshot that hit Geiger in the visor.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Cool that he won something as hardest worker, though he disappeared after blooding Geiger. He has a long way to go off his rookie season, but there is time yet.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Almost like maybe the coaches who watch everything have a different opinion than everyone who doesn't.

Steddy33

Jan 7, 2012
Huh. Chukarov was the co-winner of the Craig Ramsey award for hardest working player of development camp.

Did anyone notice him this week? I don't remember a single mention on twitter or here.

Literally the only thing that I remember was his rocket slapshot that hit Geiger in the visor.

I was actually pretty impressed with him in the 3v3 tourney yesterday. He always seemed to be the man with the puck for his team. He forced a few passes but overall he has good hockey sense with the combination of size and strength.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Almost like maybe the coaches who watch everything have a different opinion than everyone who doesn't.

Why are you this way? I was asking honestly for info from someone who was there. But by all means, take every opportunity you can to be a ****.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
I was actually pretty impressed with him in the 3v3 tourney yesterday. He always seemed to be the man with the puck for his team. He forced a few passes but overall he has good hockey sense with the combination of size and strength.

Thanks.

Castrophy

Feb 26, 2015
Oswego, NY
I caught a few of his games at UMass last year. Chukarov's skating is good especially for a kid of his size. He still has 3 seasons and hopefully his role with the team will expand as he gets older. He's still a long shot to ever play in the NHL but 3 years is a long time and anything can happen.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
He can skate pretty well. Had a good first period this AM versus UVM. 16 left in the third tied at two right now.

Edit - crappy positioning on UVM's go ahead PPG. 3-2 Vermont

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Just noting that Chukarov returned in time for the November games and's pointless through three games played so far. UMass is off this weekend.
“We always like his mobility,” UMass coach Greg Carvel said. “[He’s a] big kid, skates well. He used that mobility at times to really gap-up defensively. Other than that, I didn’t really notice a difference.”

With a backend that features both Cale Makar and Mario Ferraro, the Minutemen are pretty well stocked up on talented defensemen, but the addition of a veteran puck mover like Chukarov will go a long way in securing UMass’ defense.

“It should, but I was distracted by a lot of other things tonight,” said Carvel of the importance of Chukarov’s return to the overall club’s development. “He was fine for not having played his first game and he looked like he was in mid-season form so that’s good. But I think he wasn’t a major factor either way. I think we’re very glad to have him back because he’s a big guy that moves. The way we want to play, he helps us do that.”
Chukarov’s return lone bright spot in UMass hockey’s 3-0 loss Saturday

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I'd be interested to see what they plan to do with him. We have some spots to burn.

No need to burn anything. If they want him around, which it doesn't look promising that they do, an AHL deal and assignment to the Cyclones seems more likely than an ELC. They're just about to get out from under Martin's deal, I can't see them wasting one here.

Reactions: Gabrielor

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
No need to burn anything. If they want him around, which it doesn't look promising that they do, an AHL deal and assignment to the Cyclones seems more likely than an ELC. They're just about to get out from under Martin's deal, I can't see them wasting one here.
Agreed. He seems like an AHL/ECHL tweener at best. No need to waste one of 50 contracts on him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->