Speculation: It's Time to Tank: Who Gets Moved

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
It doesnt add up, Tallon said he was meeting up with Weiss's agent to try and resign him that means we will have

Weiss, Mathias, Bjugstad, Shore, and Goc + whatever draft pick we choose more than likely a center we'll just Barkov for arguments sake. That is a way to many centers not sure what hes going to do. Even if we send Shore back down its still too many centers, perhaps a trade on draft day?

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
It doesnt add up, Tallon said he was meeting up with Weiss's agent to try and resign him that means we will have

Weiss, Mathias, Bjugstad, Shore, and Goc + whatever draft pick we choose more than likely a center we'll just Barkov for arguments sake. That is a way to many centers not sure what hes going to do. Even if we send Shore back down its still too many centers, perhaps a trade on draft day?

Don't you know yet? You can never have too many centers! :laugh:

Erick*

Matthias isn't great in the FO circle. He can play wing, and I believe has played more wing than center this year. Definitely has been more of a winger over the years.

Also, no one knows who we're drafting. No one really knows when we're drafting yet, and no one knows if said draft pick is going to be NHL-ready next year.

It's a great "problem" to have.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
Matthias isn't great in the FO circle. He can play wing, and I believe has played more wing than center this year. Definitely has been more of a winger over the years.

Also, no one knows who we're drafting. No one really knows when we're drafting yet, and no one knows if said draft pick is going to be NHL-ready next year.

All the top 6 picks are NHL ready and its doubtful we pick Seth Jones. I know that no one has crystal ball but we can predict with a decent certainty. I never said it wasn't a good problem just some food for thought. Its pretty clear that Mathias needs to be at center

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Matthias is one of those players who plays much better when he's slotted in the center spot. I wouldn't be surprised to see Bjugstad play in San Antonio to at least start the year but I think we'll have a better idea of where he might play starting Saturday night.

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC

Matthias has played center mostly this year. He's given that a bit of credit as to why he's more comfortable out there on the ice, if I recall correctly.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Matthias is one of those players who plays much better when he's slotted in the center spot. I wouldn't be surprised to see Bjugstad play in San Antonio to at least start the year but I think we'll have a better idea of where he might play starting Saturday night.

Might he just come out like a bat outta hell or will he come timid?

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
Im guessing Weiss is done here if Bjustadt shows any signs of nhl ready...perhaps for financial reasons...and maybe that is why the "fast tract" of Bjusdadt.

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
Im guessing Weiss is done here if Bjustadt shows any signs of nhl ready...perhaps for financial reasons...and maybe that is why the "fast tract" of Bjusdadt.

If that's the case, our franchise is not any better than it was under the Cohen regime.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
even with bjugstad playing theres still a good chance we resign weiss, IF we dont draft a center. if we take someone like drouin then i could see us signing weiss (if reasonable). weiss, bjugstad, matthias, and goc, in which case one of matthias or goc, and probably goc, could get traded. shore will definitely go back to SA next season and he'll be our first callup when a center goes down.
if we draft mackinnon then thats a different story. itd be him (and he'd stay at center), bjugstad, goc, and matthias, and again i could see goc getting traded unfortunately, one of my favorite players from last season but matthias probably would stay over him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad