It's time: Predict the winner, Torino 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyrmessier011

Feb 9, 2005
Charlotte/NYC
The Poll IS NOT public so don't be afraid to vote for a country other then your own. Be honest, it's not a popularity contest. Let's get a real idea of who we think the favorites are.

mods can we sticky this so we can get a large number of voters?

Last edited:

Safir*

1.) Czech Republic
2.) Canada
3.) Russia

My Dark Horse pick would be Slovakia.

Borlag

Jan 27, 2006
Helsinki, Funland
1) Canada
2) Sweden
3) Czech
4) Russia

Not saying anything about Finland before I see them actually play some games. On paper the team looks much weaker than the 4 I listed but like history has shown, we have a habit of pushing for that extra mile to get to the medal games :D

puck57

Dec 21, 2004
Do the A and B groups stay the same through the medal round?

They look pretty evenly divided strength wise. A has the strong ones of Finland, Czechs, and Canada, while B has USA, Russia, and Sweden for their power countries. In a way I think the US will have the harder draw because of having Russia and Sweded in their group while Canada's primary opponent will be the Czechs in their bracket although the Fins could be tough. So I guess by this draw, you would not have a Canada-Czech gold game but it would have to be in the semis I guess. I think Canada will have the edge with the way it was grouped this time.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Voted Canada. They are the best team and would probably win the tournament 6-7 times out of 10.

Though they will have to win three straight tough games, in quaters they will probably face Slovakia or US. In the semis they are probably playing against Czech Rep. Thats important, if Canada and Czech Rep. finnish 1-2 in their group and both wins their quaters they will play each other in the semis.

I actually think 5 countrys have a pretty good chance of winning it, not counting Slovakia and Finland. Though if Canada makes it to the gold game they will win it, that I would bet allot of money on. The time to beat them are the quaters(US?) or the semis...

shawn_kemp*

All predictions aside, it will be crucial to finish 1st in group B (unless Sweden wins the group and ... remember 2002).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad