It's time for a team leader meating!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
Yes,guys like Yzerman,Iginla,Roenick,Modano and many other team Captains and leaders to stop the Pejorative Sluration thats is lead by Goodenow. These guys surely realize that if there isn't a draft this year the hurt done will spill out of their pockets for many many years to come.

If these guys got together and then talked to their teammates Goodenow would be cooked in 3 days and the NHL would be "half" alive for next year...god knows what to make of the NHL if there isn't a deal done and Goodenow (hitler) won't get it done.

Fire his @ss guys...it time for the leaders to be real leaders.

Bicycle Repairman

Jul 1, 2003
Visit site
T@T said:
These guys surely realize that if there isn't a draft this year the hurt done will spill out of their pockets for many many years to come.

LMAO!

How does the lack of an entry draft this June impact current players financially?

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
Bicycle Repairman said:
LMAO!

How does the lack of an entry draft this June impact current players financially?
The entry draft isn't the whole point i'll admit,but the spin-off as far as marketing the league and getting corporate money is huge,even a PA nitwit would know this...no?

Just a little less pie to split up if the Draft doesn't happen....next!

Bicycle Repairman

Jul 1, 2003
Visit site
T@T said:
The entry draft isn't the whole point i'll admit,but the spin-off as far as marketing the league and getting corporate money is huge,even a PA nitwit would know this...no?

That's the league's problem, not the Players' Association.

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
Bicycle Repairman said:
Nice answer :shakehead
Your wonderfull Association just lost over a billion dollars because of Hitler at the helm, Owners didn't lose anything near that...who should be trying? who should be MAKING it their problem!!

Bicycle Repairman

Jul 1, 2003
Visit site
T@T said:
Nice answer :shakehead
Your wonderfull Association just lost over a billion dollars because of Hitler at the helm, Owners didn't lose anything near that...who should be trying? who should be MAKING it their problem!!
Ring.

Ring!

RING!!!

Operator: Collect Call for T@T from Reality. Will you accept the charges?

Reality: Hey T@T! Guess what? Exciting news! The NHL locked out the players! Yeah, hard to believe! Guess what happened next? Guess! Nope.... Nope.... Not that.... good guess, but no.... THEY CANCELLED THE SEASON!!! Who did? The owners! Yeah, that's what I said! Who made the decision, you ask? I hear it was the OWNERS!

Click! :eek:

mytor4*

ring--ring--ring-- who forced there hands with there ridicules offer-- the union.the union will learn soon that when replacement players do the job just as good as them then it may be too late. why hire back multi million dollar players back when the fans [by than] are just as happy watching replacement players. sure most will be back but it would be nice to see some of the union hardlinners on the board not get back in the nhl .

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
Bicycle Repairman said:
Ring.

Ring!

RING!!!

Operator: Collect Call for T@T from Reality. Will you accept the charges?

Reality: Hey T@T! Guess what? Exciting news! The NHL locked out the players! Yeah, hard to believe! Guess what happened next? Guess! Nope.... Nope.... Not that.... good guess, but no.... THEY CANCELLED THE SEASON!!! Who did? The owners! Yeah, that's what I said! Who made the decision, you ask? I hear it was the OWNERS!

Click! :eek:

YOU MUST BE 2 PEOPLE...one person can't be that stupid :shakehead

R0CKET

Jul 2, 2004
Bicycle Repairman said:

Yeah, according to the PA its always "just give us the money we don't give a rip where it has to come from, it aint our problem".

And last time I checked the game doesn't have a labor agreement to play, but still its no fault of the PA's?

Owners probelms...getting marketing spnosorships (sort-of hard without a CBA), developing new players, selling tickets, managing game venues, equiping players, providing medical support to players, getting a TV contract, developing and providing elite referees, providing travel and boarding for players, making at least some profit...etc.

Players problems...none of the above (don't insult them by even asking them to share the load), finding a suitable Brinks Armored Car to haul away the money they don't care about where it has to come from, and playing a kids game we all love while becoming rich at the same time. :shakehead

Still the message finds a way to NOT get thru...this is going to take a lot longer. :banghead:

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Yes, Its the owners problem. Its the owners problem alone, though, ONLY if the players don't care if they play in the NHL again.

Sometimes I wonder if the players association and its leadership isn't pushing the league into choosing to give the players control of the league like the mlbpa has or close up shop.

If you think that getting a deal done in time to sell season tickets and season sponsorships and make sure the tv people are happy, is the owner's problem alone then you are not considering that the less the owners have the less they will be able and willing to pay the players.

is that the way the players association and you really want it?

R0CKET

Jul 2, 2004
txpd said:
Yes, Its the owners problem. Its the owners problem alone, though, ONLY if the players don't care if they play in the NHL again.

If you think that getting a deal done in time to sell season tickets and season sponsorships and make sure the tv people are happy, is the owner's problem alone then you are not considering that the less the owners have the less they will be able and willing to pay the players.

I believe that tis IS Bob Goodenow's present idea of a partnership...just show me the money.

nyr7andcounting

Feb 24, 2004
mytor4 said:
ring--ring--ring-- who forced there hands with there ridicules offer-- the union.the union will learn soon that when replacement players do the job just as good as them then it may be too late. why hire back multi million dollar players back when the fans [by than] are just as happy watching replacement players. sure most will be back but it would be nice to see some of the union hardlinners on the board not get back in the nhl .

you think replacement players will work? you think an impasse will work? you think replacements will do as good a job as real players? you think the fans are just as happy watching replacement players? Jesus

ResidentAlien*

R0CKET said:
Yeah, according to the PA its always "just give us the money we don't give a rip where it has to come from, it aint our problem".

And last time I checked the game doesn't have a labor agreement to play, but still its no fault of the PA's?

Owners probelms...getting marketing spnosorships (sort-of hard without a CBA), developing new players, selling tickets, managing game venues, equiping players, providing medical support to players, getting a TV contract, developing and providing elite referees, providing travel and boarding for players, making at least some profit...etc.

Players problems...none of the above (don't insult them by even asking them to share the load), finding a suitable Brinks Armored Car to haul away the money they don't care about where it has to come from, and playing a kids game we all love while becoming rich at the same time. :shakehead

Still the message finds a way to NOT get thru...this is going to take a lot longer. :banghead:
I don't see anything wrong with making a boat load of money playing a game, I really don't.
Chances are if any one of us here were good enough to do it..you would to.
It seems some forget( or don't understand) how hard it is to get there, the pinhole is so small. You think they just lay around and cash checks? Pro atheletes work their butts off to not only get where they are, but to stay there. Pretty easy to sit behind a computer and condem them for taking money tho.
I am not saying that there does not need to be a correction in terms of pay,but the "greedy player" arguement is getting old. Arent the owners geedy too?
The old "it's a business" thing stinks too. How many businesses do you know, that if they can't compete, ask there competitors to help, or share or anything of the sort? None- they fold- plain and simple.
It's a business second to it's a game, and in a game, someone wins and someone loses..or they have a shootout
:D

ResidentAlien*

nyr7andcounting said:
you think replacement players will work? you think an impasse will work? you think replacements will do as good a job as real players? you think the fans are just as happy watching replacement players? Jesus

I swear, i dont know what turnip truck some of them fell off. Replacement players would be a joke. If you would be happy watching replacement players then you must be on crack.
I agree nyr7

Mr Sakich

Mar 8, 2002
Motel 35
vimeo.com
given that the current economic situation is not viable, the choices become replacement players or no nhl for another year. I guess I am going to choose to watch replacement players.

ResidentAlien*

ColoradoHockeyFan said:
Doesn't this statement perfectly capture the attitude that is at the heart of this entire mess.
It does indeed

mackdogs*

ResidentAlien said:
I don't see anything wrong with making a boat load of money playing a game, I really don't.
Chances are if any one of us here were good enough to do it..you would to.
It seems some forget( or don't understand) how hard it is to get there, the pinhole is so small. You think they just lay around and cash checks? Pro atheletes work their butts off to not only get where they are, but to stay there. Pretty easy to sit behind a computer and condem them for taking money tho.
I am not saying that there does not need to be a correction in terms of pay,but the "greedy player" arguement is getting old. Arent the owners geedy too?
Explain to me how the owners are greedy for not wanting to operate at a loss.

ResidentAlien*

mackdogs said:
Do you really think that any of them are really losing money in the bigger picture? I am not just talking about this little corner(insert hockey team here) of their empire.
These guys dont buy teams to make a profit- they buy them to support their huge egos, they buy them to win, they buy them because they can.
I could just turn this around and ask you to explain to me how they are not greedy, but leave out the Poor Owner bunk, cause I dont buy it.

You dont get to that level of monetary success wihout being greedy, plain & simple..not that there is anything wrong with that..IMO

hockeytown9321

Jun 18, 2004
nyr7andcounting said:

As has been pointed out numerous times, even by brian Burke as I understand, replacement players have to be citizens of the country in which they're employed. Does anybody honestly think the NHL can even find 500 UHL, let alone AHL, level players?

People talk about how the players have no end game. What's the owners'?

nyr7andcounting

Feb 24, 2004
mackdogs said:

Because really, if they really wanted to, they could solve their problems by themselves by sharing revenues and restraining themselves from paying huge payrolls. Unfortunetly they don't want to do either by themselves so now they want to fix the system at the expense of the players. I would call the owners greedy.

Cawz

Sep 18, 2003
Oiler fan in Calgary
Visit site
nyr7andcounting said:
Because really, if they really wanted to, they could solve their problems by themselves by sharing revenues and restraining themselves from paying huge payrolls. Unfortunetly they don't want to do either by themselves so now they want to fix the system at the expense of the players. I would call the owners greedy.
Sort of like if the players really wanted to, they could solve their problems (boring hockey) by themselves by restraining themselves from clutching and grabbing.

Doesn’t work that way in real life though does it?

mooseOAK*

nyr7andcounting said:
Most of the owners are in the NHL because they like the idea of owning a sports franchise and some actually, believe it or not, want to aid their community by helping their city have something that builds prestige for their area. The greedy ones I would say are few.

If I were greedy and wanted to make a lot of money I wouldn't own an NHL franchise in any other than a select few markets. I'd put my money into something where profit and loss weren't affected by a players getting injured or a goalie letting in a soft one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad