Post-Game Talk: It's the Daily Hockey Show! G2: Caps @ Sabres 7pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridley Simon

Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Way to put words in my mouth, Dave. I wonder if you're as good at your actual job as at this. If so, your close ones must be proud of you. As for the topic, I'm not talking about just this one game. Samsonov had a pretty poor second half of last season, then got a pretty dumb injury by not being a professional he's supposed to be and then had this kinda game where he seemed like he forgot how to position himself in net and catch pucks. There have definitely been negative dynamics in his career this last year.

LOL. Why the need to attack? With all of your vitriol, you like it when people do this shit to you? And don’t give us the “well yeah, they do, so I can too”. Reap what we sow.

Come on, man. Let’s not pretend you haven’t relished the role of antagonist on this board. Sure, some of it isn’t merited. But a lot is. Your posts welcome a type of response that isn’t necessarily constructive. And you feed it. I’m
Sure you know this.

You can play the “what, me???” role here if you want to. But I think we are both intelligent enough to know that’s not what is happening here

Major point being: when someone looks at your post with a negative slant (“words in my mouth” as you call it)....well, you’ve created it. I won’t say earned it, as I don’t think that was the end goal (maybe it was?).....but you sure created it.

Or you can play the victim here. Which will make your shtick seem extremely not authentic. Fake, even. Perhaps it is?

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
LOL. Why the need to attack? With all of your vitriol, you like it when people do this shit to you? And don’t give us the “well yeah, they do, so I can too”. Reap what we sow.

Come on, man. Let’s not pretend you haven’t relished the role of antagonist on this board. Sure, some of it isn’t merited. But a lot is. Your posts welcome a type of response that isn’t necessarily constructive. And you feed it. I’m
Sure you know this.

You can play the “what, me???” role here if you want to. But I think we are both intelligent enough to know that’s not what is happening here

Major point being: when someone looks at your post with a negative slant (“words in my mouth” as you call it)....well, you’ve created it. I won’t say earned it, as I don’t think that was the end goal (maybe it was?).....but you sure created it.

Or you can play the victim here. Which will make your shtick seem extremely not authentic. Fake, even. Perhaps it is?
Damn you dove too deep into it, buddy. I'm just having fun most of the time with my posts. Even those like one you replied to. It's very rare I'd take anything here close to heart and advice everyone do the same. Dave just made it seem like I said more than what I actually said and I made a harmless joke. Didn't seem like the guy was hurt by that lol. It's all good.

marcel snapshot

Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Samsonov needs to step up if he wants to keep that supposed #1 status.
I thin VV’s great outing takes pressure off Sammy. Sammy is young and inexperienced enough to feel pressure about having to be the guy. VV showed he’s capable and that should calm Sammy down a bit. They seemed to make the tandem thing work in Hershey that one year

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
You think VV taking the starting role from Sammy wouldn't be a kick in the nuts? VV outplayed Samsonov doesn't lighten the pressure

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
VV was better in the scrimage games and in real games so far. After Sammy missing the playoffs being a dumbass on a ATV. Sammys job as #1 needs to be earned at the point. His strong start last season was over a year ago now

Ridley Simon

Feb 27, 2002
I thin VV’s great outing takes pressure off Sammy. Sammy is young and inexperienced enough to feel pressure about having to be the guy. VV showed he’s capable and that should calm Sammy down a bit. They seemed to make the tandem thing work in Hershey that one year

I think you are correct.

When Sammy came into Hershey, VV was there and played a lot as Sammy got his shit together. So Sammy leaning on VV isn’t new. It’s in fact “normal” for them. IMO.

So now VV can be a stabilizing influence and they can either share games or see the old “hot hand” ridden.

Ridley Simon

Feb 27, 2002
Damn you dove too deep into it, buddy. I'm just having fun most of the time with my posts. Even those like one you replied to. It's very rare I'd take anything here close to heart and advice everyone do the same. Dave just made it seem like I said more than what I actually said and I made a harmless joke. Didn't seem like the guy was hurt by that lol. It's all good.

:wedgie:

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

I think it’s simply shifted from the pressure that he would let the team down to a more personal pressure with regards to him being the starter.

Random schmoe

Random fan with their own opinions
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2019
Everyone remember the first half of last year when Sammy looked so good, often playing the second game of back to backs?

And then think about Vanecek looking good playing the second game of a back to back.

Let's wait and judge further on in the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->