OT - NO POLITICS IT'S SUMMERTIME - ( spring was cancelled )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
happy to see this. We’ve handled this fairly well as far as I can tell and our reopening is going smoothly. I don’t want other idiots to ruin it for us after all this time.

my region started phase 3 today. Indoor dining available, and pretty much everything allowed to open. The last phase is education and entertainment/gyms
I fully expect MA and RI to follow suit with the mandatory quarentine.

We are on phase 2b here. You can eat inside and spas, nail salons and tattoo parlors can open.

I am optimistic that we won't have to close down again as most people seem to be taking everything seriously.

Fingers crossed for you guys down there!

Reactions: Rubber Biscuit

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore

NSBruinFan

Jul 17, 2006
Cape Breton, NS
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/prin...ubble-covid19-1.5625133?__vfz=medium=sharebar

Four Atlantic Canadian provinces will open up borders to each other. No new Covid 19 cases in Nova Scotia for the past two weeks. I still see lots of social distancing and people wearing masks when out in public. My family usually makes a summer trip to Prince Edward Island, but I think we will stay close to home this year. Stay safe everyone!

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017
Have you seen ER before, or is this the first time you're watching it?

I remember one episode they actually did live, and you could tell because the doctors were watching the Cubs game and you could put it on another TV and watch along with them. :laugh:

I don't know the answer to the hurling reference. However, when I think "George Clooney" and "obscure" I present to you this clip from when he drives what appears to be the evil twin of the Dukes' General Lee in this painfully 80s episode of Street Hawk. o_O

The 80s, what a time for television. You had super cars, super helicopters, super motorcycles, and all the bad guys drove Jeeps and were played by the same three actors in every action drama during the decade. :laugh:

First time watching it. I was obviously aware of it and remember it being on TV growing up but I was only going into my early teens in the late 90s so it wasn't really on my TV radar. We've just finished season one and I have to admit I'm rather enjoying it.

Speaking of obscure and Clooney there is a channel here rerunning the Golden Girls and who popped up in an episode only our boy George.

DkvAuALUcAAUQsV.jpg

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017
Hey @Mr Irish how is Baby Irish doing?

Very well thanks BMC, she has just figured out how to roll over both ways so she is rolling around the place like a girl possessed :laugh:
One silver lining of this whole pandemic for me has been that I have gotten to spend so much more time at home with her over the last few months. Watching her grow and figure stuff out has been without a doubt the greatest joy of my life.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
First time watching it. I was obviously aware of it and remember it being on TV growing up but I was only going into my early teens in the late 90s so it wasn't really on my TV radar. We've just finished season one and I have to admit I'm rather enjoying it.

Speaking of obscure and Clooney there is a channel here rerunning the Golden Girls and who popped up in an episode only our boy George.

Even before that:

facts-of-life-long-running.jpg

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I was texting with my husband and asked him what I wanted for lunch. He said he was trying to figure out the same thing and was almost home. I asked if he wanted me to pick something up from this place near my office and bring it home and we could eat together. He said that he had literally just pulled up GrubHub to look at that place to order something.

I don't know why, but weird little connections like that make me wicked happy.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Supposedly someone in our warehouse has Covid. Which makes sense why he and his wife haven’t been at work. It’s only a rumor tho. However I hardly got near or even talked to that dude. However he was on the like packing and taping boxes for people. Supposedly a morning person has it too. If true kinda f***ed up if management don’t tell us. If true I want my hazard pay back and from it to go from $2 to $5. Doubt it tho.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Supposedly someone in our warehouse has Covid. Which makes sense why he and his wife haven’t been at work. It’s only a rumor tho. However I hardly got near or even talked to that dude. However he was on the like packing and taping boxes for people. Supposedly a morning person has it too. If true kinda f***ed up if management don’t tell us. If true I want my hazard pay back and from it to go from $2 to $5. Doubt it tho.

Management can't tell you. They'd be violating HIPAA if they did.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
they wont tell you.
if thy are positive. they will take a day to disinfect the building. Then open up again. They will ask the infected person who he came in close contact with. Like within 6 feet for more than 15 minutes, or in same car, etc

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Damn so management can’t tell me if someone has the virus that has quarantined the whole world. Lol
nope it makes no sense.
When people at my work have had it, they dont tell you who it is. Which is stupid. I mean they ask the infected person who they were in close contact with, but they dont ask who those people were in contact with. So if the close contacts were infected by the infected, oh well, lets not care about the people that were in contact with them. lol

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
nope it makes no sense.
When people at my work have had it, they dont tell you who it is. Which is stupid. I mean they ask the infected person who they were in close contact with, but they dont ask who those people were in contact with. So if the close contacts were infected by the infected, oh well, lets not care about the people that were in contact with them. lol

the company can not state who the employee is by name. its against federal law.
Not the company’s decision or fault. They can only follow the specified protocol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad