OT - NO POLITICS IT'S SUMMERTIME - ( spring was cancelled )

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
My missus convinced me to start watching ER from the start with her. I don't mind, I'm actually quite enjoying it and it'll help pass away the summer.
This caught us completely of guard though. Doug Ross loves Irish hurling!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I'd love to know how such an obscure reference to hurling made it into ER?
Maybe they had an Irish writer on the staff at the time or maybe Clooney was looking into his Irish heritage and decided to throw it in.
I guess I'll never know.

ER was created by Michael Crichton based on his time in Boston when he was a medical resident. I'd guess he put it in given he spent quite a bit of time up here and there's a large Irish contingency that also love Gaelic football, hurling, and rugby.

Reactions: Mr Irish

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
My missus convinced me to start watching ER from the start with her. I don't mind, I'm actually quite enjoying it and it'll help pass away the summer.
This caught us completely of guard though. Doug Ross loves Irish hurling!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I'd love to know how such an obscure reference to hurling made it into ER?
Maybe they had an Irish writer on the staff at the time or maybe Clooney was looking into his Irish heritage and decided to throw it in.
I guess I'll never know.

Hey @Mr Irish how is Baby Irish doing?

Reactions: Bruinaura

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Uggggghhhhhhhh, I got a splitting headache this afternoon. Now I'm kind of chilled and running a temp of 99.9 which is high for me, I'm usually 97 point something or other. No coughing, no runny nose, don't really feel bad other than the headache.

:help:

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
It was 95 degrees here today and I was thrilled to be able to take an aqua Zumba class tonight. Might be the highlight of my year. I’ve been feeling like such a slug since my (indoor) pool closed in March. I’ve been in exactly one store since we shut down, so it was fantastic to be out.

Reactions: BMC

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
In 1796, English physician Edward Jenner made history when gave a young boy what became known as the first vaccine made from the cowpox virus. Six weeks later, when Jenner exposed the boy to the deadly smallpox virus, he did not get sick. And thus, the first vaccine was born, saving millions of lives and immortalizing cows in public health. The word vaccine is actually derived from the Latin word vacca for “cow.” It was a groundbreaking conclusion that set the fields of immunology, vaccine therapy, and preventive health in motion.

Dr. Fauci says Vaccine for COVID-19 could be available by the beginning of 2021. That doesn't mean we will all get a shot for free at that time.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
my hockey league starts back up July 9th.
cant wait to finally start playing so i can sleep at nite.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
my hockey league starts back up July 9th.
cant wait to finally start playing so i can sleep at nite.
If you don't mind me asking, where are you located?

My uncle has played in a league forever, and I don't think it's coming back. I know he's itching to play.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
If you don't mind me asking, where are you located?

My uncle has played in a league forever, and I don't think it's coming back. I know he's itching to play.
this is central mass. worcester area.
i also play in a roller league.
this is in mass on rhode island line.

originally they said they were phase 4. but with them having games on the 9th looks like they are actually phase 3.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
this is central mass. worcester area.
i also play in a roller league.
this is in mass on rhode island line.

originally they said they were phase 4. but with them having games on the 9th looks like they are actually phase 3.
Ah nice.

Yeah that's too far for him. He's south shore.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Uggggghhhhhhhh, I got a splitting headache this afternoon. Now I'm kind of chilled and running a temp of 99.9 which is high for me, I'm usually 97 point something or other. No coughing, no runny nose, don't really feel bad other than the headache.

:help:
Yikes! Can you get tested just to be on the safe side?

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island

happy to see this. We’ve handled this fairly well as far as I can tell and our reopening is going smoothly. I don’t want other idiots to ruin it for us after all this time.

my region started phase 3 today. Indoor dining available, and pretty much everything allowed to open. The last phase is education and entertainment/gyms

Reactions: Bocephus86
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->