Its Scab time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
How many "replacement players" are going to get their chance to break into the league next year?

EG get there chance, and show they should be there instead of the dead wood that dosnt want to play?

A Good Flying Bird*

AM said:
How many "replacement players" are going to get their chance to break into the league next year?

EG get there chance, and show they should be there instead of the dead wood that dosnt want to play?

For you fellas in small market cities, get used to minor leaguers in your arena.

Because if this season is indeed cancelled, you're not going to be in the NHL much longer.

MLH

Feb 6, 2003
Newsguyone said:
For you fellas in small market cities, get used to minor leaguers in your arena.

Because if this season is indeed cancelled, you're not going to be in the NHL much longer.

I live in a small market city and my team's owner is worth $1.6 billion and he's saving $5 million by not playing hockey this year. Why should I be concerned?

A Good Flying Bird*

MLH said:
I live in a small market city and my team's owner is worth $1.6 billion and he's saving $5 million by not playing hockey this year. Why should I be concerned?

Because when the NHL has no ESPN coverage and when it loses its sponsors, not to mention the fans, your owner's NHL franchise becomes next to worthless.

The NHL is finished.

Vic Rattlehead*

Newsguyone said:
Because when the NHL has no ESPN coverage and when it loses its sponsors, not to mention the fans, your owner's NHL franchise becomes next to worthless.

The NHL is finished.

No it's not. I couldn't care less about your opinion about the NHL being finished. Fact is, plenty of teams are surviving because there will be no cap at 45 million.

JKP

Sep 19, 2004
Halifax, NS
Bring on the scabs!!! Crush the millionaires who've lost touch with reality!

I stopped rooting for players and started rooting for the sweater after 1994, when my Expos got torched. See what happened to them last year? Bring on the cap. Crush the union. Bring ticket prices under control. Replacement players will at least play hard every shift... unlike half the NHLPA... Maybe they'll willingly sign autographs, too, instead of wondering which Ferrari to buy.

Anthony*

Newsguyone said:

The NHL is finished.
THE SKY IS FALLING AAHHHHHHH

where does hf find these clowns

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
I think great names of the past could be brought back. Guys like Renee Corbet, Bruce Gardiner, Jason Bonsignore, Yan Golubovsky and Lonny Bohonos. These are guys who the people want to see. :help:

A Good Flying Bird*

Anthony said:
THE SKY IS FALLING AAHHHHHHH

where does hf find these clowns

If you want to directly insult me, do so in private message.
This way, neither of us get banned, capiche?

Brewleaguer

Jan 31, 2005
JKP said:
Bring on the scabs!!! Crush the millionaires who've lost touch with reality!

I stopped rooting for players and started rooting for the sweater after 1994, when my Expos got torched. See what happened to them last year? Bring on the cap. Crush the union. Bring ticket prices under control. Replacement players will at least play hard every shift... unlike half the NHLPA... Maybe they'll willingly sign autographs, too, instead of wondering which Ferrari to buy.

"Bring ticket prices under control"
If you think this is going to happen or even be brought down you are living in a dream world.

"Maybe they'll willingly sign autographs"
Maybe if you autograph hounds would stop bugging them for their autograph just to sell on ebay and profit from it, then the REAL NHLPA players would be a little more willing to sign something

A Good Flying Bird*

19bruins19 said:
No it's not. I couldn't care less about your opinion about the NHL being finished. Fact is, plenty of teams are surviving because there will be no cap at 45 million.

I'm so tired of these illogical statements.

I ask you to back up your comment.

If you were an NHL owner, explain why you are willing to throw the season away based on a $2.5 million difference in salary cap.
Please.
Knowing that 5 to 7 teams top are going to to use that $2.5 million, you're talking about 13 to 17 million divided between the 100 to 140 players on those teams.
So inflation can't be you big concern.
What is?

Explain that to me.
ANd if you can do that, then maybe your comment will make a little sense.

WhalerBoy

Jul 22, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Newsguyone said:
I'm so tired of these illogical statements.

I ask you to back up your comment.

If you were an NHL owner, explain why you are willing to throw the season away based on a $2.5 million difference in salary cap.
Please. Knowing that 5 to 7 teams top are going to to use that $2.5 million, you're talking about 13 to 17 million divided between the 100 to 140 players on those teams.So inflation can't be you big concern.
What is?
Explain that to me.
ANd if you can do that, then maybe your comment will make a little sense.

And someone decided to make YOU a moderator?

Allow me to explain. The difference is not 2.5million, in fact it is greater than that because there are many more issues than just cap at 42.5/45. You either dont read the reports of what the last two offers were, and/or you just dont get that sometimes, there is no room for negotiation. Just because the PA is at 49 and the ownership at 42.5 does not mean they have to meet at 45.

If the ownership decided their best offer was 42.5, and they gave it, thats that. But either way, its about more than that difference. I thought you would get that, if you could overlook your bias.

NewBreed19

Bottom line, the NHL is dead if they don't get this cba done soon! They should do this sooner than later to ensure that the league can even stay alive. Both sides need to show some urgencey quick, or we might be watching rival leagues in the fall.
:banghead:

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
MLH said:
If that is is saving by not paying the players .. Think about how much he will save when he is no longer in the League .. He will be making money hand over fist then ..

MLH

Feb 6, 2003
The Messenger said:
If that is is saving by not paying the players .. Think about how much he will save when he is no longer in the League .. He will be making money hand over fist then ..

Excuse me? The NHL isn't going to self-destruct if that's what you're implying.

A Good Flying Bird*

WhalerBoy said:
And someone decided to make YOU a moderator?

Allow me to explain. The difference is not 2.5million, in fact it is greater than that because there are many more issues than just cap at 42.5/45. You either dont read the reports of what the last two offers were, and/or you just dont get that sometimes, there is no room for negotiation. Just because the PA is at 49 and the ownership at 42.5 does not mean they have to meet at 45.

If the ownership decided their best offer was 42.5, and they gave it, thats that. But either way, its about more than that difference. I thought you would get that, if you could overlook your bias.

I am not a moderator.
I cover prospects for the website. I'm just like anyone else on the board here.

As for your numbers spiel, I didn't look at 49 and 42 and split the difference.

Gary Bettman and the NHL suggested they could move to 45.
Then negotiations started and some of the owners threw a fit.

A Good Flying Bird*

NewBreed19 said:
Bottom line, the NHL is dead if they don't get this cba done soon! They should do this sooner than later to ensure that the league can even stay alive. Both sides need to show some urgencey quick, or we might be watching rival leagues in the fall.
:banghead:

Good.
If the owners are this arrogant, I'd be glad to watch other owners try to present a better product.

NewBreed19

Newsguyone said:
Good.
If the owners are this arrogant, I'd be glad to watch other owners try to present a better product.
Me too! I just hope something happens with the cba, though.

nedved93

Aug 5, 2003
Visit site
MLH said:
Excuse me? The NHL isn't going to self-destruct if that's what you're implying.
reported on WFAN about an hour ago:

last year's stanley cup finals ratings: 2.2
last week's westminster dog show ratings (USA network): 2.9

NHL self-destruct? nah :shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad