it's Russia!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

naihlflames

Nov 18, 2003
Detroit MI
mr gib said:
canada vs russia - big matchup - whaddaya think folks?

Great match up in the first round. I thought these two would be playing for Gold or at worse in the semi-finals. Now the loser is done and out of the medals.

Great news for all the other teams in the field.

mr gib

Sep 19, 2004
vancouver
www.bigtopkarma.com
naihlflames said:
Great match up in the first round. I thought these two would be playing for Gold or at worse in the semi-finals. Now the loser is done and out of the medals.

Great news for all the other teams in the field.
thats very true - i've got goosebumps and oh oh's already - gawd we drew russia - yikes

I Hate You All*

I'm guessing one team will play like crap and the other will win. Which one plays like crap? We'll have to see.

naihlflames

Nov 18, 2003
Detroit MI
mr gib said:
thats very true - i've got goosebumps and oh oh's already - gawd we drew russia - yikes

I've got a good feeling there is going to be alot of good Canadian beer and good Russian vodka that goes down the old hatch tomorrow.

Tomorrow night there will be one great hockey country very excited and proud that their team pulled it together and is still alive and another great hockey country debating for four years what happened to their team.

rananda

Dec 24, 2004
russia will control the flow of the game and have more chances. they will get called for more penalties. luongo will be huge in net. and the game will be close.

Kardi

Jul 28, 2004
Interwebs
its gonna be a crazy game

team canada will have to step up there game if they want to stop the russians offense

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Excellent matchup for Canada. We would have a harder time matching up to Sweden's smart, consistent and disciplined system. They should be able to expose a lot more holes in the Russians. It will be a great game.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
This is going to be awesome to watch, I want Russia to win, but if Canada wins, then they deserve it, vice-versa too. What times does the game start? Eastern Time Zone

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
Both teams will just get disqualified for brawling. Volchenkov knockout on Bertuzzi (because Kasparitis helps him out by tripping him from behind). Ovechkin and Malkin will tag-team the rest of the team.

The CUBE

Oct 24, 2005
Calgary
PeterSidorkiewicz said:
This is going to be awesome to watch, I want Russia to win, but if Canada wins, then they deserve it, vice-versa too. What times does the game start? Eastern Time Zone

2:30 pm EST

joe_shannon_1983*

Oh boy!

Tomorrow is Canada vs. Russia in the quarterfinals.

*The two countries with the two cockiest fan bases in all of hockey.*

At the conclusion of this game, one of these two teams and their entire fanbases, are in for a massive heartbreak after this game. There is going to be a lot of people crying a river of tears after their country gets eliminated in this quarterfinal game, and leaves the tournament with no shot at a medal of any colour.

*Note: I said that these two countries have the two cockiest fan bases in all of hockey. Try to not take offense to this, because even as a Canadian I know this is true. These two countries and their fans take bragging and boasting about their hockey superiority to a level not observed in other countries.*

Quiet Robert

Feb 3, 2005
Canada-Russia is my favourite matchup. I can't wait for this game, it should be great. Always a ton of intensity and it's just a great rivalry.

Hopefully Canada can establish some kind of physicality and set the tone against Russia with some big hits. I'm afraid of Russia's offence though, if they start clicking against us they could do some damage. They are impressive and with our defence playing poorly I could see us being outplayed, outshot and generally on our heels if we don't come out and play hard. Anways, Go Canada Go and let's hope we see a great game.

shawn_kemp*

I'm gonna say just that : i'm tired of hearing that "Russia is Canada's beyotch" from Canadian fans.

joe_shannon_1983*

Canada in this game is going to have to do what the Junior team did against the Russians.

Hit them, hit them, hit them!

For all of you people out there who cried when Doan, Smyth, and Draper were added to the team....This game against Russia is when you will see why these guys were added to the team.

Nova88

Oct 6, 2005
Canada will win b/cs they will want the gold. I dont think the Russian player care as much about gold as they do about the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad