It's real to me, damn it!

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by kevinsane, Mar 21, 2018.

View Users: View Users
  1. dahrougem2

dahrougem2 Registered User

My family back home in Lebanon loves WWE. The people over there have loved pro wrestling for a longgggg time and don't consider it a show, they consider it a sport. You're also right about Cena and Reigns. They love the superhero type wrestlers.

2. alko

alko Registered User

Home Page:
    Its real, dammit!

3. Megahab

Megahab Registered User

Yeah a lot of people in India (including my own family members over there embarassingly) believe it's real. I just don't get how a grown adult can think that.

4. JackSlater

JackSlater Registered User

I think it mostly comes down to much less exposure to wrestling in general over the years, as in over the decades, plus far fewer online resources that demonstrate how it's all a work. It isn't that long ago in North America that plenty of fans still bought in.

5. MetalheadPenguinsFan

MetalheadPenguinsFan Disco Is Dead!!!

6. LEAFANFORLIFE23

LEAFANFORLIFE23 Registered User

Are these family members adults or are we talking little cousins, nieces, nephewa etc?

And if they are adults you sure they think it's real? or are they just into the storylines, the same way a fan of game of thrones or walking dead is invested in the storyline? because like, like you I don't get how a grown adult can think it's real, I wish it were but it's not

7. Cor

Cor Most Likes Received By HFW Poster - 2018

I thought @BonMorrison was getting signed to a full-time contract when he appeared on WWE TV

BonMorrison likes this.
  8. AlwaysSunnyInTampa

AlwaysSunnyInTampa At last!! Street cred is mine!

Wouldn't you like to know
    I was 14 when it happened and accidentally woke my mother up because I literally stood up and said "Holllyyy ****!!!" she came out drowsy and said "What happened?" And I said "I really can't say it they'll replay it" and pointed to the TV and she stood there and said "Wow" a brief pause "Are they okay" and I said "I've got no idea. They haven't moved. I'm so sorry for yelling and swearing" and she said "Well I guess I can see why. Just don't do it again. Go to bed you have school"

It's just a damn shame they had to do it over and over again. It wasn't until years later I found out it was a work after all. When I finally entered my smark stage I just figured as much that the ref told them to stay down.

9. AlwaysSunnyInTampa

AlwaysSunnyInTampa At last!! Street cred is mine!

Wouldn't you like to know

I know this was a botch and Sheamus was supposed to go through the other table for a draw. I'll never be convinced otherwise. It wasn't til a few weeks later I realized that must have been what happened. I must say these WWE announcers just sorry the moment something goes off script. It's sad they can't even ad lib the action without Vinny Mac whispering in their ear. They just sit there "WAIT WHAT?!!?" Thank God (I can't think of his name right now) just said "We have a new WWE Champion!!"

10. Brodeur

Brodeur Registered User

This is an odd memory, but I recall a Clash of Champions title match with Ric Flair and Scott Steiner. Steiner hit his finisher but Flair was saved by the time limit before the three count. As a little kid I remembered thinking that the actual match time didn't line up and something was fishy.

11. BonMorrison

BonMorrison Your resident SJW

I did some research and I think this might convince you otherwise. Read Killerh0bo's post.

The table on the outside is never set up for a finish, its last usage is when it's thrown out of the ring and it's never touched again.

12. iamjs

iamjs Unregistered User

I was in 8th grade when this happened. I thought Piper had something to do with him dying,