It's Official - Frolov is OUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goallum

Jul 23, 2003
Visit site
not yet official; still the same quote which says "most likely out". Knowing our luck, however, he's gone for the year.

Also this article says that Vitali Vishnevsky may have 2 fractured ribs.

Nemchinov13

Oct 19, 2002
Gravesend
Visit site
KingFan24 said:
not yet official; still the same quote which says "most likely out". Knowing our luck, however, he's gone for the year.

Also this article says that Vitali Vishnevsky may have 2 fractured ribs.
We need Vishnevsky - big physical mobile defenseman. We need him more, IMO, than Frolov. Who is going to replace Vish?

blamebettman*

Anybody got a scouting report on Kulyash and Tartartuhin? Why aren't they replacing the injured guys with NHL players? Or at least NHL experienced guys over in Europe?

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
blamebettman said:
Anybody got a scouting report on Kulyash and Tartartuhin? Why aren't they replacing the injured guys with NHL players? Or at least NHL experienced guys over in Europe?

RSL's leading scorer Morozov pretty much said Krikunov shafted him on the original squad in favour of Kharitonov and he declined the taxi squad. He would have probably gotten Korolyuk's place if he hadn't said that.
Samsonov withdrew.
Not sure about Kozlov.
:dunno:

shawn_kemp*

Ovechkin_mvp said:
Not Kulyash, pleeeeeaaaaaaaaaase :cry: :cry: :cry:

Honestly, I'd rather take a 13th forward like Grigorenko instead of Kulyash.

Kulyash = McCabe^10

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Nemchinov13 said:
We need Vishnevsky - big physical mobile defenseman. We need him more, IMO, than Frolov. Who is going to replace Vish?
Maybe it's just me, but Vishnevsky has looked pretty bad this tournament. Certainly not a mobile guy.

Ovechkin_mvp

Feb 6, 2006
SensGuy said:
Maybe it's just me, but Vishnevsky has looked pretty bad this tournament. Certainly not a mobile guy.

You haven't seen the replacement yet.

This is when we could have really used Mr. Zubov's services.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
That sucks, Frolov is a great player.

But, maybe it won't be so bad for us, he seemed underused anyway, I can't see how any substitution on that 4th line will make a big difference. You never now, but still...

Agreed on Zubov. When you're obviously one of the best at your position, and your country obviously needs you, and most of the old system has been replaced by reasonable people, to turn down your national team because of a decade-old grudge... unbelievable..

blamebettman*

Why exactly is Sergei Zubov not playing for team Russia? Does it have something to do with Tikhonov?

Kritter471

Feb 17, 2005
Dallas
Zubov is also an American citizen now and really considers himself more American than Russian. I can understand how it sucks not having him, as he'd be the best d-man on the Russians, from what I can see, but it's not as though his decision is a surprise or has changed since the mid-1990s.

Edit: And BB - He won the gold with the Russians back in 1992, and I don't think he's played for them much since then. I believe it dates back to a series of incidents with the Russian federation/coaching staff, but I don't know if it's Tikhonov (bad spelling, I know) in particular. The stories around Dallas are he just doesn't want to deal with the Russian federation any more.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Kritter471 said:
Zubov is also an American citizen now and really considers himself more American than Russian.

Unless there is a quote of him saying that more or less directly, you're really over-reaching.

Its one thing when you can't make your national team and so start playing for another country, its a completely different story when you have played on a national team with a storied, proud history... If he really did say that.. What a spineless chameleon. You can hold a grudge against individuals, but never against your nation..

No, his situation is not a suprise, but its a damn shame, not so much because he's good, but because in this case its a stain on the entire nation when of its best declines to help his country in the Olympics, IMO - especially a country like Russia, where it does not get any bigger than hockey in the Olympics..

Its kind of like Roenick saying that crap about rooting for Canada after getting shafted.. If I'd be American I'd be mad as hell about that... but here its to the n-th degree because of the specifics of this situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->