it's obvious. Forsberg is playing hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SChan*

Forsberg is not playing to his usual standard, and the superskates he flew to montreal to get isn't used anymore. It didn't fix his problem. His right ankle still hurt, plus his abdominal problem.

It's too bad because Sweden needs him in 100% in order to win :banghead:

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
SectionX said:
Forsberg is not playing to his usual standard, and the superskates he flew to montreal to get isn't used anymore. It didn't fix his problem. His right ankle still hurt, plus his abdominal problem.

It's too bad because Sweden needs him in 100% in order to win :banghead:

I am not so sure it is really about him being injured, more that he is not in game shape yet. All other players have been training hard, skating hard etc during summer .. Forsberg just recently was able to give a "100%" on the ice and going into this tournament he only had played one real exhibition game.. the one versus Finland.

I think his play will only improve the longer the tournament goes.
If anything I am more worried with Markus Näslund continued problems playing convincingly with the Swedish national team. Henrik Zetterberg is 10 times the player Näslund is when he puts on the blue and yellow jersey.

Kiefer

Jun 28, 2004
Sweden
Predatore said:
If anything I am more worried with Markus Näslund continued problems playing convincingly with the Swedish national team. Henrik Zetterberg is 10 times the player Näslund is when he puts on the blue and yellow jersey.

What do you want Nazzy to do? Steal the puck from Z and Foppa? He passes the puck to them but rarely gets it back, it's not like he has played awful or something.

I don't like that line...I want Z back with the Sedin brothers.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Kiefer said:
What do you want Nazzy to do?

Forsberg and Zetterberg haven't had that much puck either quite honestly. Zetterberg has however stood out because of his work and he is the one skating hardest on that line. What I want him to do? Well, show how great he really is.
If he is able to skate around tough NHL defensemen in the NHL, lead the team and set an example with his play in the NHL he should be able to do so with team Sweden as well, especially when playing for example Germany.

I wouldn't be on his case had he usually been on top of his game with Sweden, but that has not been the case in the past thus I am hoping he will "break" out.

Kiefer said:

agreed

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Kiefer said:
What do you want Nazzy to do? Steal the puck from Z and Foppa? He passes the puck to them but rarely gets it back, it's not like he has played awful or something.

There was a column in a Swedish paper that suggested that Näslund should be sent to the press box, because of the way he turns invisible for team Sweden. And if he doesn't start improving I don't think it's a poor idea. He has never really looked good for Sweden. He is supposed to be one of the top players in the world these days but doesn't play anything like it.

Compare to Sundin, who seems to grow when playing for team Sweden. Näslund shrinks.

Leo Naphta

May 14, 2004
On top of the World
It doesn't exactly help that Hardy is playing them out of position either. Forsberg was on the left wing yesterday and Näslund on the right. (or at least it looked like that to me, though they were shifting quite a bit)

Ideally I'd like to see Holmström replacing Zetterberg on that line, with Zetterberg playing with Modin on the third line. That would all of a sudden give us three very dangerous lines. (I know Modin has looked good on the first line, but if this doesn't work they could just shift him back)

Petey21

Dec 19, 2003
Sweden
www.geocities.com
As for Forsberg himself, I've read a skate manufacturer said that he has big bone spurs on his heels and this is why it's so hard to make skates that fit comfortably. He got five pairs of Bauer skates made in Montreal last weekend, but he used a pair of Easton skates against the Czechs.

As for the lines, I'd like to see Zetterberg play with the Sedins (they did really well in the exhibition games), and Jönsson can play with Forsberg and Näslund. Holmström could be an option too, but that'd split that checking line of Holmström, Nilson and Påhlsson, a line I've really enjoyed watching.

Robertsson 4-ever

Jan 26, 2004
Wexio
Petey21 said:
As for Forsberg himself, I've read a skate manufacturer said that he has big bone spurs on his heels and this is why it's so hard to make skates that fit comfortably. He got five pairs of Bauer skates made in Montreal last weekend, but he used a pair of Easton skates against the Czechs.

As for the lines, I'd like to see Zetterberg play with the Sedins (they did really well in the exhibition games), and Jönsson can play with Forsberg and Näslund. Holmström could be an option too, but that'd split that checking line of Holmström, Nilson and Påhlsson, a line I've really enjoyed watching.

That would put PJ Axelsson in the press box. But hey, he won't win the cup for us anyway. Honestly, I think Påhlsson and Nilson is more valuable as schecking players at this point. Axelsson, Johansson and Ekman scratched leaves us with three good scoring lines (Sundin/Modin/Alfie, Forsberg/Jönsson/Näslund, Z/2xSedin) and a good checking line (Homer/Påhlsson/Nilson).

SChan*

Dr Love said:
I think he's still got lingering effects from hitting his head on the board in Athens.

Someone had to say it!

wasn't funny at all :shakehead

Your just jealous because he is a great player, and not canadian.

SChan*

Foppa_Rules said:
When is Forsberg ever NOT hurt? He's always got something.

Yes and it's not like he got all these injuries from diving, which people always exaggerate. Everybody knows that Forsberg play the game hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad