Pre-Game Talk: It's Happening! Training Camp Has Begun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Tomorrow should be a decent watch.
Sample lineup:

Jake-Sid-Sheary
Hags/ZAR-G-Phil
ZAR/Hags-Rowney-Reaves
Wilson-Blueger-Simon

Dumo-Tang
Czuczman-Schultz
Summers-Bengtsson

STL plays tonight so don't know their lineup yet.
Starts at 8ET.

Kostin-Kostin-Kostin
Kostin-Kostin-Kostin
Kostin-Kostin-Kostin
Kostin-Kostin-Kostin

Kostin-Kostin
Kostin-Kostin
Kostin-Kostin

Kostin
Kostin

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Here's the info:

Kraft announced on Wednesday it was moving the game from Rostraver Ice Rink to the Penguins' practice facility in Cranberry, about 30 minutes north of Pittsburgh. Members of the Belle Vernon community and youth hockey players from Rostraver Ice Garden will receive the majority of the game tickets.

The rink will still receive the upgrades. The Penguins will hold a practice at Rostraver on Sept. 24 as part of four days of festivities. Pittsburgh plans to bring its game-night entertainment operation -- including music, videos, anthem singer Jeff Jimerson, P.A. announcer Ryan Mill and the Penguins Ice Crew -- to a Rostraver youth hockey game that week.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Ball's in ZAR's court. Getting plenty of opportunity.

I fully expect him to go down to the AHL. But I think they want him to see exactly what he should be working towards, and what he needs to improve to get there.

I also think it's possible they want Horny to see that we do have someone who can fill a similar role to him coming up, just to try to keep a bit of leverage on their side for contract talks.

Last edited:

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Do not want to see Sid or Geno play in the preseason. Let those guys really rest.

I don't mind, as long as their minutes are severely limited. Maybe around 8 to 10 minutes at ES, plus some on the PP so they can work on the PP and be ready for Game 1. Just enough to get them into "game shape", but not so much that it's actually taxing in the least.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Tomorrow should be a decent watch.
Sample lineup:

Jake-Sid-Sheary
Hags/ZAR-G-Phil
ZAR/Hags-Rowney-Reaves
Wilson-Blueger-Simon

Dumo-Tang
Czuczman-Schultz
Summers-Bengtsson

STL plays tonight so don't know their lineup yet.
Starts at 8ET.

STL players coming:

Forwards: Sam Blais, Kyle Brodziak, Dmitrij Jaskin, Jordan Kyrou, MacKenzie MacEachern, Wade Megan, Brayden Schenn, Jaden Schwartz, Vladimir Sobotka, Paul Stastny, Chris Thorburn, Vladimir Tarasenko, Robert Thomas

Defense: Vince Dunn, Joel Edmundson, Carl Gunnarsson, Colton Parayko, Alex Pietrangelo, Nate Prosser, Jake Walman

Goalies: Carter Hutton, Jordan Binnington

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
#Pens lines:
Guentzel - Crosby - Sheary
Aston-Reese - Malkin - Kessel
Hagelin - Rowney - Simon
G.Wilson - Blueger - Reaves
-SK

Looks like the A-team is practicing at UPMC66.
B-Team is up at Rostraver.

Penguins defense:
Dumoulin-Letang
Czuczman-Schultz
Summers-Bengtsson

Penguins PP1: Crosby, Malkin, Kessel, Letang and Guentzel
Penguins PP2: Aston-Reese, Simon, Sheary, Dumoulin and Schultz

Last edited:

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I still don't understand why Rostraver won for Hockeyville. The rink is a flat out dump and the only amateur organization there was dying when I was last playing amateur hockey in Pittsburgh.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Do not want to see Sid or Geno play in the preseason. Let those guys really rest.

Jacques Martin was quoted on Montreal radio earlier this week suggesting the 'stars' are going to play 3 preseason games before opening night.

I mean, they have to shake off the rust no?

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Jacques Martin was quoted on Montreal radio earlier this week suggesting the 'stars' are going to play 3 preseason games before opening night.

I mean, they have to shake off the rust no?

I'm very defensive about this. I want them playing 0. I don't feel they need it. They can work out the rust in the long season.

Back to backs... if we are in good standings, I want to see Sid/Geno limited with minutes to around 15.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->